Menu

Jeans for skinny teens (girl)

Shellydon

I am at a loss for finding jeans for my tall (5'8") skinny teen girl.  We used to buy Target Mossimo size 00 or 0 longs, but Target has discontinued the line.  Old Navy does not carry longs in boot cut at all and a store employee said 0 long straight was always out even if you try to  order them.  I tried American Eagle and Hollister, but all of their styles are skinny/distrssed, not the plain straight leg that we are looking for.  Any suggestions?  My kids is going to be in shorts this winter!

My daughter is the same height and is very thin.  She wears the Wallflower jeans from Kohl's.  It's really hard for her to buy jeans.  I was just talking to my son's very tall gf and she said jeans and pants are the worst to shop for.

Edited by Kassia

I am 5'8" and very thin so have always struggled to find jeans.  There is one brand that I come back to every time, going on three decades now.  Express.  You will likely have to order online but they have different cuts, including boot, in 0 and 00 in long lengths.  They run about $80 but almost always have a deal of buy one, get one half price.  They hold up very well.  There can be a pretty big variation in fit between different cuts so I almost always order each pair in 00L, 0L, and 2L then return the ones that don't fit.  They have a good return policy so this works well for me.  No other brand has worked for me consistently.  I might get lucky with a pair here and there, but ultimately I know when I NEED a pair of jeans, Express is the only one I can count on.

Long Tall Sally. We have a store in Canada, and it looks like there are stores in the UK. I don't know whether there's anything in the US. Really nice variety for different proportions of tall. The prices were decent, too, especially for a specialty clothing store. Classic clothes that aren't going to go out of style.

Edited by wintermom

My tall daughter loves a traditional straight leg instead of a skinny jean as well. It was a little difficult when she was a size zero but once your daughter gets up to a size 2 check out Levi's. They have a few varieties of straight and boot cut that come in a 2 long. I think levis has a few size zero styles, but not sure if any run in a long inseam. Abercrombie used to have a straight long cut that worked when my daughter was a zero and double zero, but not sure if they still have that cut. 

If you have a Nordstrom Rack or Saks of fifth, or similar, check out the jeans there. Many of the current styles for straight and wider leg are cut with a very long  inseam  (like at 32-34) ..I guess to 'fashionably' drag on thehe ground while wearing heels. Or for hemming. 

For example-Level99 has very long inseams, 34", and usually I can at least find the smaller sizes online if not in store

https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/2110544/level-99-sasha-bootcut-jeans?color=COVE

Edited by Jen500

3 hours ago, Kassia said:

I just asked my son's gf and she said she buys her jeans at American Eagle.  She said they are expensive but last a long time.  

Yes they do last a LONG time.  When dd finally outgrew hers...after about 2 years, we passed them on to a friend, who is still wearing them 2 years later....and they look brand new still

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

My size 0 21-year-old has luck at Hollister, but I’m not sure that’ll help the OP since her daughter is tall and is looking for a non-skinny leg cut. THIS is why I live in yoga pants! I give up. 

They have a tall option, which is why it works for my kid.  They also have boot cut as well as skinny jeans.

https://www.hollisterco.com/shop/us/girls-bottoms-boot-jeans?icmp=ICT%3ABTS18%3AF%3ACAT%3AH%3AK%3Ax%3AJEAN%3ABoot3