Menu

My oldest boy child is like Jesus....

My oldest is like that. I’m glad y’all are laughing because I’ve honestly wondered if there was something wrongwith him some days. I mean, how long does it take to put on some socks?? Lol!

Oh, please. Have some compassion. It tends to become a time-intensive process when one goes upstairs to get the socks THREE TIMES before, you know, remembering to get the socks.

I mean, theoretically. Not that that has everever happened here. :mellow:

Edited by JoJosMom
  • Like 6

Oh, please. Have some compassion. It tends to become a time-intensive process when one goes upstairs to get the socks THREE TIMES before, you know, remembering to get the socks.

I mean, theoretically. Not that that has everever happened here. :mellow:

And, if that ever happened here ;), one would need to have great compassion on a child who can make a trip upstairs three times and find so many other things to do and yet never find the socks.  Socks are tricky things, you know.  Hiding and all.

• Like 3

This entire thread exists because it is January 30th and those with imperfect children are losing their minds.  It is a darn good thing that public schools or private schools don't do door to door "sales" type of enrollments this time of year or so many homeschool moms would be signing papers and checks.  Come quickly dear April, please come quickly.

Edited by Attolia
  • Like 9

OMG.

So, DD9 has one last assignment.  Copy a short paragraph into a final draft.  She sat down quickly and without complaint, so I left her to it.  Every time I checked on her, she was nose down writing away, so I happy.

Well, I should have actually walked up behind her.  She was working for like 30 to 40 minutes, I thought, MAN, she's gotta be close to done by now.  I walk over to see what she has left...

SHE HASN'T STARTED.  She spent the whole time doodling cursive letters all over a piece of scratch paper.  *sigh*

For real, leaving a kid alone with a pencil can be as bad as sending them on a journey alone to find socks, right?  I have seen my fair share of doodles.  

Edited by Attolia
  • Like 2

Then I get burned when I can't take it any more and I stay to comment and she says, "Mom, I finished that one and the next one, see?"

How does she do this? I'm watching from the corner of my eye the whole time that I am not commenting and she isn't doing it. When does it get done??

• Like 4

Then I get burned when I can't take it any more and I stay to comment and she says, "Mom, I finished that one and the next one, see?"

How does she do this? I'm watching from the corner of my eye the whole time that I am not commenting and she isn't doing it. When does it get done??

Baffles me....but surely it has something to do with a third trip for socks, doodling for an hour, turning water into wine, and frankinsence  :huh:   These kids never cease to amaze me.  Miracle workers indeed!  

• Like 1

This entire thread exists because it is January 30th and those with imperfect children are losing their minds. It is a darn good thing that public schools or private schools don't do door to door "sales" type of enrollments this time of year or so many homeschool moms would be signing papers and checks. Come quickly dear April, please come quickly.

This is when we have a window to "opt in" (or "opt over" as I like to call it) to the neighbor school district. That window closes mid-March. They know their audience . . .

• Like 3

Umm, I hesitate to mention this, but since the OP did start this whole thread off with religion...

Have you considered exorcism?

• Like 4

My oldest is this way too. Used to baffle the heck out of her dressage instructor how long it could take to tack a horse. We call her Lightning. :) She will definitely never work at a speed intense job.

:laugh: 

My dad used to say of my brother "He has one speed — and it's awfully close to reverse."

• Like 11

:laugh:

My dad used to say of my brother "He has one speed — and it's awfully close to reverse."

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:   I am stealing this brilliant phrase, it may come in handy some day when nothing else can quite describe the level of slow I am talking about.

DD and I are reading Hamlet aloud right now, and we keep finding little phrases just begging to be worked into everyday speech. “Pray you, make haste†sounds so much nicer than, “Would you hurry up, please?!?â€

We speak Shakespeare quite a lot around here. Especially about my youngest “Though she be but little, she be fierce!â€

• Like 2

This entire thread had me laughing so much this morning.

My son is soooo... slow. His showers are even longer than mine.

He's thorough, I'll give him that. But, it's pretty sad when his mom gets ready before he does - including doing my hair, cloths and make-up!  :huh:

Edited by historymatters
  • Like 1

This entire thread had me laughing so much this morning.

My son is soooo... slow. His showers are even longer than mine.

He's thorough, I'll give him that. But, it's pretty sad when his mom gets ready before he does - including doing my hair, cloths and make-up!  :huh:

Oh don't even get me started on showers.  Have you looked in to see what is actually going on in there?  We have the kind of shower glass where you can see a little but not details, so I popped the door open, and he was just sitting there. Sitting in the bottom of the shower.  I don't know, maybe he was trying to turn it into wine?   :svengo:

• Like 3

Oh don't even get me started on showers.  Have you looked in to see what is actually going on in there?  We have the kind of shower glass where you can see a little but not details, so I popped the door open, and he was just sitting there. Sitting in the bottom of the shower.  I don't know, maybe he was trying to turn it into wine?   :svengo:

:smilielol5: I guess you're still waiting on that wine.   :toetap05:

But oh my gosh, no I haven't. He'd hear me coming a mile away and then be so embarrassed, he'd never forgive me. But he did tell me he just stands there with the water running over him; and this when he knew we were on a schedule.

I keep telling him that time does not change for him!!! But it's like this:   :banghead:

• Like 1