Menu

Year-end Review/Looking Forward - Day 22

Granny_Weatherwax

Learning to dance. Dh always wants to dance with me but I never learned how. We kind of muddle through dances at weddings but last night I was thinking that I should sign us up for some lessons. About a half hour later dh saw a couple dancing on a movie and asked if I would take lessons. Weird how after 30 years we are both thinking about lessons at the same time. 

This is WAY outside my comfort zone.  Because I know that most places here have 'practice parties' with group lessons, which means I'll probably have to dance with someone else.  I might have to pass on that for a while...I really just want to learn to dance with dh. 

• Like 2

Gee, I pushed myself out of my comfort zone several times this year. I can't think of what else there is at this point. I thought about volunteering at the hospital as well as the Humane Society but I don't kw if I'd like it as well. 

The only other thing is an answer I gave to a different  day and that is to learn to drive long distances. I want to go visit my mother without my DH having to drive me there. That's really out of my comfort zone but on another day I was talking about how I have to learn how to use the GPS on my phone. So yeah, definitely comfort zone territory.

• Like 1

What I found last year is that the opportunities to step outside my comfort zone weren’t planned. The opportunities came and I took them. I don’t know what opportunities will show up this year but I plan to take them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has been the biggest help for me. I am anxious about social situations and driving but trying to shift my mindset to yes as the default to opportunities not looking for reasons to say no. Of course still balancing that with enough downtime to maintain sanity.

• Like 2

I am still thinking about this one and can't come up with anything. I love new experiences, but can't think of what would stretch me in the next year. Anybody care to suggest something for me?

Well, part of my platform building includes writing short stories every week. I've not had to be creative on such a tight schedule before. I figured it would be good for me.

• Like 1

Regentrude - don't you have a hiking blog? Maybe you could lead or sponsor hikes? Seek out sponsors and do a multi-day trip you've been dreaming of? Hike solo? Invite an acquaintance on a hiking adventure?

Yes, I do have a hiking website and facebook page. I do multi day hikes out West when the opportunity presents itself, I have been inviting friends to hike with me, and I hike solo whenever DH is traveling.

I have been asked about leading group hikes and refuse to do so. I have hiked with groups of friends before, and unless there is a very good match of personalities and goals, there is too much potential for it not being enjoyable (BTDT). And in this country, I absolutely won't organize hikes with strangers, because I don't want to assume any responsibility for strangers in the wilderness. A signed waiver will not prevent them from suing me. Just - nope.  

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 1

Nothing.  I want to be comfortable.  I need to reduce stress and get back to basics.  I need to get re-acquainted with my "comfort zone," whatever that is.  :p

I got chucked out of my comfort zone this year. Next year I want to make my new place a comfort zone.

That is what I'm thinking. I've pushed myself out of my comfort zone for the last year and a half, I've tried all kinds of things, just because. But I want to focus more inward this year. If situations come up that sound like a good fit and something I want to do I'll give it a try but I'm not seeking anything out.

In the realm of new things on the docket:

Dh and I started dance lessons last week, it resumes again in the New Year, nothing serious, just for fun

I restarted weightlifting for a change to my fitness routine.

We're planning an overseas trip, it will be the first for both dh and I (but we're kind of in limbo now b/c dh's dad is very ill)

Oh, and opening myself up to relationships more, I guess that would count. That is a big focus for the time being, more connecting to people.

Edited by soror
  • Like 1