Menu

Did someone name their baby Violet?

Scarlett

It is my current obsession.....lol....wanting to know a baby name Violet.

I begged my friend to name her baby Isabella, but she refused. She chose Nova imstead and even though the baby is a year old I call her Luna about half the time. Don't ask me why....I just can't get it right. So I have taken to calling her Luna Nova Isabella. :)

I think it's funny that the names I associate with old ladies are coming back around. I guess it's time for me to hold on to those, "You look so young!" comments.

I know! I always hated my middle name (June) because it felt like an old lady name when I was a kid. Now it is back in fashion. I met two little girls over the past few years with the name and now I don't find it as bad as I once did.

Violet is precious but I do struggle with separating it from Willy Wonka :)

Edited by nixpix5
  • Like 1

A friend of mine named all her kids flower names. Not a single boy in the bunch. I swear I am not making this up. They are the sweetest girls, ALL with flower names:

Daisy, Iris, Violet, Rose, Zinnia, Cammelia, Heather, Lily

:thumbup1:

We had neighbors that did the same thing: Iris, Lily, and Rose.
  • Like 2

I know! I always hated my middle name (June) because it felt like an old lady name when I was a kid. Now it is back in fashion. I met two little girls over the past few years with the name and now I don't find it as bad as I once did.

Violet is precious but I do struggle with separating it from Willy Wonka :)

See, I think of Violet now as the character from Downton Abbey, and she's wonderful :)

SaveSave

• Like 1

I have several patients named Violet. 

The most recent was born this summer. The parents and I had a fun conversation about all the literary/movie Violets...

Boxcar Children Violet 
Violet Baudelaire (Series of Unfortunate Events) 

Violet in the Incredibles 

Violet Crawley (Downton Abbey) 

Then they also pointed out Violet from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. We decided all the good Violet references made up for that one. 

• Like 2

i have a friend in Pennsylvania who named one of her daughters Violet. They call her Vio. She's 8.

Edit: I love the name and would have happily used it. My Luna's name is Victoria. 

I also know a Nova. That's a new one for me, but she's one of 5 girls, all with unusual names. 

Edited by desertstrawberry5
  • Like 1