Menu

Help me buy an anniversary present. Again :P

AimeeM

It's that time of year again. I'm a really horrible gift-buyer. My husband is typically a great gift-buyer.

We like to buy "traditional" gifts on our anniversaries. This year's needs to be pottery, willow, or leather. He only uses one type of wallet (ever) and has one that is fine. So, I'm stumped. Because, yeah, that's as far as my brain reaches.

I happen to know, because he's a TEASE, that he's already bought my gifts and he did manage to stay within the original confines of pottery and/or willow, although he encouraged me to be "flexible" in how I regard pottery and willow, lol.

Any ideas? He's a techie (by career and for the love of it), a musician, devoutly religious, and very sentimental (so, he enjoys sentimental items). Years ago you guys advised I get him a sentimental wood burned item with his favorite quote from Etsy and it was a big hit. 

Could he use a nice leather cover for his iPad/Tablet? You say he's a musician but not what he plays -- if it's guitar how about an awesome guitar strap?

He has a leather cover for his ipad already.

He does play guitar, piano, and accordion. A guitar strap is a good idea! I'm off to look. Any idea what makes for a good quality one? Like, are there places to buy leather better than others?

My husband has a leather duffel bag that he almost always uses for travel.  He also uses a leather folio for business meetings.

For a different way to think about willow......there is Blue Willow china :0) 

Ceramic is kind of obvious for kitchen items....a different way to think about that is ceramic knives LOL  Some travel cups are ceramic and there are ceramic watch bands. 

• Like 1

Do you have a paint your own pottery place nearby?  You could paint & personalize something from there .... plate, tray, mug, platter, something whimsical, or just a tile with something special drawn/written on it.

ETA:  A nice leather belt?  Either something casual for jeans or a nice dress belt.  or a leather journal?

Edited by domestic_engineer
  • Like 2

How about a Harry Potter book?  That's Potter-y, right?

Regards,

Kareni

Good one.

Does he like Buffy? Buffy tv series with Willow on the cover :laugh:

I was going to originally say leather belt. I had a lot of leather ideas (not necessarily good!) such as leather eyeglass case if he wears glasses, leather glove for golf if he plays, leather sports equipment like baseball glove...

I like the idea of the personalized ceramic. That is one of my favorite hobbies, though. Painting ceramics.

• Like 1

Don't know where you live, but my home town has several places where you can go and paint your own pottery piece- they have a selection of pieces plus all the paint.  They fire it for you after and you can pick it up the next week.  You could make a full date night of it, maybe there is a restaurant with the word "willow" in the name?  

Leather:  a leather bound edition of a classic he likes (what about Wind in the Willows? haha), a leather cover for moleskine notebooks if he ever uses those

Sign yourselves up for a couples pottery art class.  Watch the movie Ghost to inspire you.  :-)  

He's a musician... any chance he needs a pair of leather pants?  :-)  Or if he's like my husband, he might have always dreamed of owning real cowboy boots.