Menu

Illness that starts with a backache?

dirty ethel rackham

Last week, dd complained of low back pain, which is unusual for her. She is getting chiropractic treatment from the car accident 4 weeks ago,but had not complained of it before, only neck pain. The next day, she complained that she felt she was coming down with something as her glands we swollen. After her chiro visit, she felt better.

Well, last evening, I started to get intense low back pain, very different than the usual low back pain I have dealt with in the past. It has been very painful. This morning, I woke up with swollen glands sand feeling off. I'm beginning to think these are related. I don't think I can walk the dog this morning.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

My dad would have told you that that is how many colds start.  He went to a chiropractor for intense back pain one time, and she told him that he had a cold in his back that would appear in a week or so and it did.  That pattern repeated itself throughout his life, so that's when he knew one was coming on.

Last week, dd complained of low back pain, which is unusual for her. She is getting chiropractic treatment from the car accident 4 weeks ago,but had not complained of it before, only neck pain. The next day, she complained that she felt she was coming down with something as her glands we swollen. After her chiro visit, she felt better.

Well, last evening, I started to get intense low back pain, very different than the usual low back pain I have dealt with in the past. It has been very painful. This morning, I woke up with swollen glands sand feeling off. I'm beginning to think these are related. I don't think I can walk the dog this morning.

• Like 2

I have the same thing. My lower back is super achey and so are my hips and legs. I had a low grade fever last night. My dd didn't get a sore back but she did have a sore neck. There are lymph nodes in your lumbar area as well as your pelvis. I imagine that they are inflamed and that is what is causing the pain.

Hope we feel better soon! :)

Flu. For me that has always started with back ache.

Also, pink eye. I got a bad case of bacterial pink eye four years ago that felt like the flu (back lower back ache, fever). Once I got the antibiotic drops, the back ache was gone in a few hours. Sounds crazy, yes, and I wouldn't have believed it if it hadn't happened to me.

Emily

This happened to me about two weeks ago!  I had very intense pain around my kidney area.  I was okay moving, no problems there.  But if I hiccuped or sneezed or even took a deep breath it was excruciating.  The only thing that kept me from going to see my Dr. was that my DH had the same thing 4 days before me and the pain had gone away on its own for him.  I was down for a good solid three days and then still partially sore for another three or four after that.  

Chiro agrees with me after his assessment. He couldn't do the usual work on me for the car accident since I was guarding so much. I did a bunch of stretching and had electrical stim on it. I iced it several times later in the day. It started to feel better. Not 100%, But I Can Get around.