Menu

I can't breathe.

athomeontheprairie

I nanny for a little boy. 5 days a week, 9 hours a day. I've had him two years. He's little and he's my little guys best friend.

And he's moving. Not yet, but soon.

My heart is breaking. I feel like I can't breathe.

He's not mine-i know that. But I've treated him like mine for two years. I can't breathe. I feel like a part of my heart is being ripped out.

My dh doesn't really understand-he wasn't the one caring for him after all. My kids don't know, the adults don't want it public knowledge yet. Sigh. Since we ruin in a very close group-i can't even say anything to my close friends.

• Like 3

I understand. For two years, I took care of a neighbor's daughter from about 6ms old until almost three years old. My DS treated her like the little sister he never had. She was part of the family.

(took some stuff out for privacy). Anyway, the father took the kids and left town (completely justified) but I still miss the little girl and get teary eyed just thinking about what happened to her and her family. I hope she is doing well.

My mom took care of 2 boys (brothers) for several years before their sister was born and their mom decided to stop working. She was a bit sad when they stopped coming to the house. That was about 40 years ago; she still keeps in touch with them.

:grouphug:  

I nanny for a little boy. 5 days a week, 9 hours a day. I've had him two years. He's little and he's my little guys best friend.

He's not mine-i know that. But I've treated him like mine for two years. I can't breathe. I feel like a part of my heart is being ripped out.

My dh doesn't really understand-he wasn't the one caring for him after all. My kids don't know, the adults don't want it public knowledge yet. Sigh. Since we ruin in a very close group-i can't even say anything to my close friends.

Awww.  I'm sorry.  We've lost close friends and I wasn't even nannying and even that was painful.  I can't imagine. 

((((Hugs)))

2 weeks ago , my DD family moved 600 miles away with 4 precious grandkids. My 3 year old granddaughter whispered "I love you. I really love you" as I was tucking her into her car seat just before they drove away.

I'm still not breathing .

I understand.

Hugs

Edited by KatieinMich
  • Like 2

I'm so glad you have a little bit of time left, so you can treasure every moment you have him in the foreseeable future. If you can, I'd try to get some video of you and your son and him interacting together. It will be a little comfort (and pain) when he's gone.

2 weeks ago , my DD family moved 600 miles away with 4 precious grandkids. My 3 year old granddaughter whispered "I love you. I really love you" as I was tucking her into her car seat just before they drove away.

I'm still not breathing .

I understand.

Hugs

This brought tears to my eyes. I've been that DD, driving away with the grandkids. It's hard.

:grouphug: :grouphug:

• Like 1