Menu

Trump book report--very funny

ElizabethB

Not political overall, IMO, just a funny new literary genre. I don't do twitter, if you don't you can google "twitter trending now" or "twitter #trumpbookreport," the Moby Dick one for example starts "Great whale. Tremendous whale..."

Many of them are well thought out and hilarious.

Edited by ElizabethB
  • Like 19

I'm actually afraid to read them here at the restaurant I'm at, since I already laugh at his speech mannerisms and I'm not even opposed to him. Bigly needs to never become a word. Ever.

Edited by Arctic Mama

It's a distraction (as has been it seems like 90% of the popular discussion and reporting around this campaign) from various quite serious considerations, both domestic and international.

That said, it's also pretty hilarious.

If Trump doesn't win, I bet he's the first candidate who'll win the Halloween mask race w/o winning the election.

eta: and I only had to read 10 of them before I spotted the bigotry, alas

"Can we just go ahead and say what we're all thinking? @realDonaldTrump's undereducated deplorables won't even GET the #TrumpBookReport refs."

At any rate, the best ones are the non-political ones anyway (as the politics rings a bit false if you don't agree).

On /pol/ they call this sliding, I think.

Edited by ananemone
  • Like 3

I can't appreciate the full hilarity ( no pun intended) because I have never heard Trump speak so I'm not familiar with his catch phrases. We don't have TV and I've just avoided listening to him at all costs. Now I wish I had so I could enjoy the laugh! I have read some of the things he's said but I don't think it's the same as actually hearing it, at least not when it comes to appreciating the book reports!

• Like 1

I haven't had a chance to watch the third debate (hoping to by Saturday). What sparked this hashtag?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/10/20/donald-trump-twitter-trumpbookreport/92464476/

Some guy tweeted that Trump sounded like a teenager writing a book report for a book he hadn't read.  And then the hashtag kind of blew up.

I just spent like 15 minutes reading some out loud to my teens and husband.  We were just cracking up.

• Like 2