Menu

What I need is poo dye

Laura Corin

At this time of year, I stand and stare at the ground, trying to distinguish my dog's poo from the beech leaves.  Sometimes I have to lean over and sniff.  What I need is something harmless to put in her water so that her poo turns bright purple.  I'm only slightly joking.

• Like 10

We eat pretty much dye-free here, including the dogs, but there are Milk Bones and other treats that are full of dye.  Get something red, like the fake sausages, and it will give the poop a very unnatural orange tone.  (I always used to know which neighbor's dog  pooped in my yard because of this.)  Of course, feeding them crayon shavings is probably more healthy ;-)

Edited by Joules
  • Like 2

At this time of year, I stand and stare at the ground, trying to distinguish my dog's poo from the beech leaves. Sometimes I have to lean over and sniff. What I need is something harmless to put in her water so that her poo turns bright purple. I'm only slightly joking.

I have thought the same thing. Also, ideally, it would glow in the dark.

• Like 4

You can use crayon shavings. Not kidding. When trying to figure out which dog is pooping in the house veterinary behaviorists sometimes advise it.

This was my thought too. We have non scientific experience with both it and playdough being eaten by the dogs. Sometimes our backyard is very colorful. I would suggest a teal color. Seems to show up quite brightly around here. :)

Edited by texasmom33

You can actually do genetic testing on dog poop. Some cities do this to track down offenders.

It has been discussed.  Unfortunately the neighborhood has well over a 1000 homes, 4 apartment complexes, town homes, single family homes, outsiders.  Logistically they haven't figured it out.  

• Like 1