Menu

Has anyone ever ordered furniture from Wayfair?

Carol in Cal.

I got a large (heavy - 70 lbs) table and a chair from Wayfair. It was shipped as separate pieces. The chair, table, and table legs made up 3 packages. I was surprised by how low the shipping was compared to other places I'd looked. I'm happy with the table.

Emily

We ordered our sectional from them. They sent one of the sides facing the incorrect way, and the correct item was out of stock after we received it. There was some general confusion on their end when I explained the situation (sectionals can be confusing, I guess) but they took it back without issue and we were refunded as soon as it was picked up.

We didn't have any issues with the ottoman we ordered from them and the quality is really great. We've bought bar stools too and were really happy with them. So despite the couch debacle, I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

• Like 1

I ordered a platform bed with a head board and a huge rug from Wayfair. I love them both! The transactions went smoothly. I just read probably 100 reviews on each before I ordered. The reviews are a huge source of info. For instance, on the bed and headboard, the discription didn't say that it came in two boxes that ship on different days. Luckily I read a couple reviews that mentioned that and didn't freak out when I only got one box.

Bought our current dining table from them in 2012.  Been used and abused, still looks pretty decent and works fairly well.  Will likely go in our school room in the next house.  I would have no problem purchasing from Wayfair again.  (I actually bought it through Amazon, and Wayfair was the vendor, hadn't heard of Wayfair prior to that)

• Like 1

We've ordered a large, heavy kitchen island, a tall "buffet" with cabinets and shelves, a small, lightweight sofa, a cedar raised bed gardening table, and a few small items (bookends etc.). We've had no problems with any of the orders and have been satisfied with the price vs. quality. None of the items are heirloom pieces--with the exception of the kitchen island (all parts solid wood), they've definitely been light, inexpensive pieces, but the prices reflected that and we knew what we were ordering. 

I would recommend Wayfair for sure. 

We ordered a large heavy dresser and a linen cabinet from them. The dresser was delivered to our second floor bedroom without any problems. The quality was nice, but I spent a lot of time reading reviews. The linen cabinet came in a box, I put it together myself. It is ok for the price.

Our neighbor ordered a casual sofa.   She was at work and asked dd and I to handle the delivery.   The sofa was "not" the color she was seeking.  She said the picture/color looked differently on-line.   However, she still likes this color and is keeping the sofa.

The delivery was very smooth.   HTH!

• 1 year later...

Update:

I ordered the platform bed.

It came well packaged/padded, in good condition.

The rails and (low) posts were easy to fit together, and then the mattress supports kind of rolled on.  Very sturdy!

We bought a bucky board to use for a low profile 'box spring' equivalent, and a deep hotel mattress, and the proportions are great.

Best of all, the frame does not require a headboard, so we were able to put it partially under the bedroom window without blocking the shutters.  (That's why I wanted a platform bed in the first place.)

I thought that the dark, almost black posts would be a great contrast to crisp white sheets, but actually with neither a headboard nor a footboard and a dark cherry hardwood floor, the posts fade to unnoticeable, almost invisible; and the bed kind of looks like it's floating.  It's a nice effect, although not what I had anticipated.

Super happy to have gotten this quality frame for less than $400 delivered.

• Like 8

I love Wayfair! We used to get most of our furniture from Pottery Barn but have found that the furniture we've gotten from Wayfair is much better quality (my dh has cursed so many times over the shoddy workmanship of our beds and dressers from Pottery Barn  :rolleyes:).  

We've also been pleased with Wayfair's service, shipping speed, and price. The reviews are very helpful.

We've gotten:

dining room chairs

coffee table

three desks and desk chairs for the kids

wooden filing cabinets for my office

big comfy chair and ottoman for dd's room

also our artificial Christmas tree (first time we ever got an artificial tree and it is gorgeous!)

Yes. The boys' beds. 

They were much heavier than I expected.... and required COMPLETE assembly on my end. I mean, every single little screw or insert. 

With that said, the wood appears to be of good quality and Wayfair seems to have good customer service.

I've been shopping for a new couch from Wayfair but I'm reluctant without ever actually having sat on it or seen it in person.  

I've checked the reviews on them, but how one enjoys a sofa or chair is somewhat subjective.  One man's firm couch is another man's stiff board couch.  KWM.

But, I haven't had any luck looking locally either.

Edited by PrincessMommy

I've been shopping for a new couch from Wayfair but I'm reluctant without every actually having sat on it on seen it in person.  

I've checked the reviews on them, but how one enjoys a sofa or chair is somewhat subjective.  One man's firm couch is another man's stiff board couch.  KWM.

But, I haven't had any luck looking locally either.

Couches are so difficult!

Warning:  Unless you like mid-century looks, don't ever sit on a Stressless couch.  You will be hooked on the comfort, and hate the appearance.  Like me.  :)

• Like 1

I love it.. It's beautiful.  

You have an open invitation to come have a cup of ________ and a plate of ________  on it with me, friend!  You choose what goes in the blanks when you tell me you're coming.  

:)

Edited by milovany
  • Like 1

You have an open invitation to come have a cup of ________ and a plate of ________  on it with me, friend!  You choose what goes in the blanks when you tell me you're coming.  

:)

You don't know how much I would love to do that.  Wish we were at least on the same side of the continent.  :)  Thanks for the invitation...it's like a little hug through the computer.

• Like 1