Menu

Meet In Person! UPDATE: PIX. In South-Central PA

Garga

9 members have voted

1. 1. Closed--the date has been picked.

And where are the pics?

Exactly!!  :toetap05:

Hey man! Give us a minute! Lol!

Momsinthegarden and Regguheert (married couple) were the ones with the camera. I honestly don't think they're even home yet! Well maybe by now. :). Unless they hit traffic or decided to go out to eat.

• Like 5

Thank you ladies and gentleman for attending the get together today! It was nice to visit with everyone.

Creekland, I forgot the zucchini even after your reminder. I remembered after I was on my way home. I even had a recipe planned for it!

I loved seeing and catching up with all of you - and meeting you Nick's Mom!

The squash all found good homes, so it worked out.  Sorry you forgot to take some though.  If you lived closer... we'll have more (but I doubt it's worth the drive - now if we had a homeless kitten...).

• Like 4

Hey... should we start the "Dirt on Fellow Boardies" thread yet or are we agreeing that "What's Heard in Littlestown Stays in Littlestown?" :lol:

I was wondering if we should confess that we almost left Nicholas_mom all alone in the gym.

We all headed to the kids' play area down a hallway off the gym. After sitting there for a few minutes, we realized she wasn't with us. We worried that we'd accidentally left her behind and she was sitting all alone in an echoing gym wondering where we all went, "Hello? Where is everybody?"

We could see her going home and starting a thread, "So, I went to an event and everyone suddenly got up and left me all alone...should I be offended?"

We hadn't left her. She'd stayed behind to clean off the pizza cutter at the sink. All was good!

• Like 6

Hey... should we start the "Dirt on Fellow Boardies" thread yet or are we agreeing that "What's Heard in Littlestown Stays in Littlestown?"   :lol:

We should invite you all out here next time our neighbor has a barbecue! :ohmy:

We had a great time, as always!  Thanks again to Garga and creekland for organizing.

I am working on getting the photo to Garga.  This is a requirement so that she can run it through her standard "beautification" process before posting.  I think she will remove the big, ugly man-troll from the center of the picture!  (Yes, I still remember that you wrote that, Garga! :lol: )

Edited by RegGuheert
  • Like 6

We should invite you all out here next time our neighbor has a barbecue! :ohmy:

We had a great time, as always!  Thanks again to Garga and creekland for organizing.

I am working on getting the photo to Garga.  This is a requirement so that she can run it through her standard "beautification" process before posting.  I think she will remove the big, ugly man-troll from the center of the picture!  (Yes, I still remember that you wrote that, Garga! :lol: )

Big ugly man-troll!?!  I honestly don't remember saying it, but the phrase is making me chuckle, so I probably did say it. 

(Please know that I would have said it in a silly way...I'm sure I didn't call RegGuheert a big ugly man-troll as an insult!)

• Like 4

It was so much fun spending the afternoon with all of you :party:

Seriously! It's becoming one of my favorite things. Cyberpeople become Real People. It's some kind of wonderful, I mean it.

• Like 7

Big ugly man-troll!?!  I honestly don't remember saying it, but the phrase is making me chuckle, so I probably did say it. 

(Please know that I would have said it in a silly way...I'm sure I didn't call RegGuheert a big ugly man-troll as an insult!)

No, it wasn't anything about me, personally.  I think it was after the first meetup, which I missed.  You expressed great relief that no ugly man-trolls had shown up. :001_smile:

BTW, I sent you a PM a bit ago but it still says "Not Read Yet."  Are you not taking messages from man-trolls?

• Like 2

Don't you people know about worlds colliding?!?!

How was the mac n cheese?

You should come to one sometime. It's a nice sort of worlds collision.

• Like 2

I loved seeing and catching up with all of you - and meeting you Nick's Mom!

The squash all found good homes, so it worked out. Sorry you forgot to take some though. If you lived closer... we'll have more (but I doubt it's worth the drive - now if we had a homeless kitten...).

I will let you know if I'm in your neck of the woods.

My mom has no more room for animals! She has since adopted two dogs since getting JoJo.

• Like 2

Also, Creekland, thank you again for the squash! I am looking forward to frying up the yellow and making some zucchini bread and some zucchini fritter things. :)

I picked 7 more this morning (ate one for breakfast).  Then just got off the phone with middle son.  Guess whose fridge is going to get the rest of today and tomorrow's pickings.   :lol:   (He likes them, so doesn't mind.  I don't know if he's aware of how many he's going to get though!)

I also picked more beets & beet greens to have for a meal today - not sure which one yet.

• Like 4

Also, Creekland, thank you again for the squash! I am looking forward to frying up the yellow and making some zucchini bread and some zucchini fritter things. :)

Yes, thank you creekland! A few things in our garden are a bit behind schedule this year, including the squash, so we will enjoy some of the fruits of your garden!
  • Like 2

First RegGuheert, what is that delicious looking pizza that keeps popping up in my face while reading these threads?

Thank you all for a warm welcome and it was such fun!  Thanks for taking the time to put this together ladies.  I cannot wait for the next one.

Thank you Creekland for the squash.  Sounds like you have a nice garden growing!  Beets!  I love beets.  I'm glad you will live close by so you can supplement my garden ...... when we finally grow one again.  We want to grow fruit trees.

I would like the recipe for the corn dip, too!

• Like 4

Seeing if I can post the pic in here:

img_2023-done.jpg?w=624

Yes, it looks like I can!  Thanks Reg & Garga!

Back row:  Garga, Luckymama, Happypamama, Hjffkj, Creekland, Momsinthegarden

Lower row:  School17777, RegGuheert, Nicholas_Mom, Quill

(And for now, I even remember all of your "other" names - just no quiz on that next time we get together unless I see you more regularly between now and then!)

Edited by creekland
  • Like 12

Happypamom is bursting forth from the birth of the Universe, it looks like. Hj has a moon glowing about her head, too. See, we are out of this world.

• Like 5

First RegGuheert, what is that delicious looking pizza that keeps popping up in my face while reading these threads?

It's a picture I posted in a thread a long time ago. I bake pizzas at home many Sunday nights, but that one was special: it was baked on our charcoal grill!

Yeah, it's a silly avatar, but at least it's not copyrighted.

Thank you all for a warm welcome and it was such fun! Thanks for taking the time to put this together ladies. I cannot wait for the next one.

We were very glad to meet you, as well! I believe you were the only new face there this year. At this rate, I figure we will fill Garga's church up in about 500 years!

I would like the recipe for the corn dip, too!

Here you go: Pioneer Woman Hot Corn Dip. On top of being from The Pioneer Woman, we thought it would be more authentically WTM by putting it in a lead-laced Crock Pot. (I wanted to put it in a shopping cart and push it into the church while the kids sat in the car, but, alas, we had no kids or shopping cart available! )
  • Like 5

Happypamom is bursting forth from the birth of the Universe, it looks like. Hj has a moon glowing about her head, too. See, we are out of this world.

Of course, if you're looking at it that way... we may have kicked Garga and School17777 out of our Universe... Luckymama is on the fence.   :lol:

• Like 5

Happypamom is bursting forth from the birth of the Universe, it looks like.

Well, she's trying to, anyway.  Unfortunately, there is a big, ugly man-troll blocking her! :glare:

Sorry about that, Happypamom! :tongue_smilie:

BTW, it was nice of Garga to shave off her mustache for this event!

• Like 2

I was walking around the place but couldn't find you. Where were you all?

Were you seriously there?  If so, I wish you had found us as I'd have loved to have met you!

If in the first couple of hours we were right inside the doors on the right that had a ramp with them.  Garga had large W T M letters on the door.

If in the latter couple of hours, we shifted to the kid's play area.  You still entered the same doors from outside, but then had to know to go through another set of double doors at the other end.  That would have been near impossible to know without having been there before, unless one heard the noise of the kids and checked it out.  Another time we'll have to know to leave a sign or put it in the thread or something.

I feel really bad if you were there and we missed you!  It'd be a major time when I wish we could turn back time.

• Like 2

I was walking around the place but couldn't find you. Where were you all?

What?!?! Noooooo! Say you weren't really! Oh that would be just so sad. :(

Like Creekland said, we were in the gym for a couple of hours, but then the little kids wanted to play in the ballpit area and they can't without supervision, so we headed to the little kid play area.

Well, that will never happen again! We'll put up a sign at the door letting people know where to find us. I know where the chuch keeps a sign on a post that would work perfectly for that.

Like Creekland said, I wish we could turn back time. Ugh. :(

• Like 3

Were you seriously there?  If so, I wish you had found us as I'd have loved to have met you!

If in the first couple of hours we were right inside the doors on the right that had a ramp with them.  Garga had large W T M letters on the door.

If in the latter couple of hours, we shifted to the kid's play area.  You still entered the same doors from outside, but then had to know to go through another set of double doors at the other end.  That would have been near impossible to know without having been there before, unless one heard the noise of the kids and checked it out.  Another time we'll have to know to leave a sign or put it in the thread or something.

I feel really bad if you were there and we missed you!  It'd be a major time when I wish we could turn back time.

What?!?! Noooooo! Say you weren't really! Oh that would be just so sad. :(

Like Creekland said, we were in the gym for a couple of hours, but then the little kids wanted to play in the ballpit area and they can't without supervision, so we headed to the little kid play area.

Well, that will never happen again! We'll put up a sign at the door letting people know where to find us. I know where the chuch keeps a sign on a post that would work perfectly for that.

Like Creekland said, I wish we could turn back time. Ugh. :(

I desperately hope you are pulling our legs!

I really wanted to be there. But google told me it would have been a 2800+ miles trip and I didn't get started early enough. Could have been the trip of a lifetime across country and finally meeting you all. Bummer.

Yes, I was kidding...but thank you sooo much for the great pics.

:auto:

I am such a bad ugly troll woman.... :lol:

Edited by Liz CA
  • Like 5

Well, I figured. But it was within the realm of possible; maybe you were visiting Great Aunt Maude from back East and could swing by for Mac and Cheese and chocolate cupcakes.

• Like 3

You are!  :smash:   I had originally "liked" your post because I thought it was a joke (given your screen name) but then retracted it when I saw how concerned Garga and creekland were.  (And, yes, they are that nice in real life, too!)

While you were posting this, I was digging around in this thread to see if you had MOVED or something.  Here is what I found:

Take pics to post here!  :laugh:  For those who are nowhere near PA.

• Like 2

Well, I figured. But it was within the realm of possible; maybe you were visiting Great Aunt Maude from back East and could swing by for Mac and Cheese and chocolate cupcakes.

I wish I had a Great-something in a nice little resort town on the East coast...ahhh dreaming. From there it would have been a (relatively) short jaunt to Littletown.

:laugh:

You are!  :smash:   I had originally "liked" your post because I thought it was a joke (given your screen name) but then retracted it when I saw how concerned Garga and creekland were.  (And, yes, they are that nice in real life, too!)

While you were posting this, I was digging around in this thread to see if you had MOVED or something.  Here is what I found:

:lol: :lol: :lol:  You have honed your research skills - always a most valuable tool in life. I just know I would have loved meeting you all. You are all of "my tribe" in the humor department.

• Like 2

I finally remember what in the world I was talking about trolls for!

It was before we ever first met and the discussion was about how do we all know we are who we say we are? And something about internet trolls came up--the people who try to stir the pot and make up stories. And there were jokes about how maybe none of us are actually homeschool moms (or dads!), but we're all a bunch of old guys sitting in our parents' basements causing trouble online: ugly old man-trolls.

Edited by Garga
  • Like 7

I really wanted to be there. But google told me it would have been a 2800+ miles trip and I didn't get started early enough. Could have been the trip of a lifetime across country and finally meeting you all. Bummer.

Yes, I was kidding...but thank you sooo much for the great pics.

:auto:

Oh good! I was pretty sure you were kidding, but you never know. And it bring up a good point that when we meet again, we'll probably all disappear from the gym at some point and should pop out a sign in case someone shows up late looking for us.

Oh, for everyone else--and I forgot to take off the WTM letters from the church door and then it locked behind me. The youth group meets in the gym tonight. I'll pop by and see if the letters are still up and if the youth is trying to figure out what it all means. :)

• Like 3