Menu

What do you think of this paint color?

Faithr

We are renovating our master bathroom and we are also reconfiguring our closet and changing out the lighting in our bedroom.  The bathroom is going to be kind of subdued Tuscan style with tiles that are pale but have little hints of pink and green.  The cabinets are going to be 'biscotti' which is kind of a creamy color with a little bit of yellow in it.  The countertop will be kind of a speckled brown silestone.  Currently our bedroom is a sunny yellow but I think it won't quite go with everything else, so I am thinking of this color:

4780421715_88e6b2c10d.jpg

Maybe it should be a shade lighter than if the photo?    Please weigh in with your opinion.

Btw, this is not our bathroom, just a photo to show the paint color.

And I found the silestone we are thinking of:  silestone-sierra-madre.jpg

Edited by Faithr
  • Like 2

It isn't what I would choose, but it would look nice in the setting you describe I think.  However, the comment above about green in a bathroom might be something to think about - if you do hair or make-up in there, it might not be the best choice, you could end up looking a little green around the gills.

Can you get a sample pot and figure out a way to get a sense of how it would look?

Our bedroom is currently this color. The living room was too, but it always seemed too dark for me - maybe because the ceiling was painted the same color too? Visitors loved it. It looked good too. But it was too dark for me. We still have contact with the people who owned the house before us. She said they were planning to repaint a lighter color too if the house hadn't sold. They got tired of the darkness of the house as well. 

Anyway, we repainted it to more of a desert tan. The living room is so much lighter. The bedroom is next on the list. It looks nice, others love it, but for me, it is just too dark. If you are okay with darker rooms, be sure you have adequate lighting if you do any reading in the bedroom. 

Ok I just tried to post another paint color photo but WTM wouldn't let me.  I think the photo was too big for some reason.

Anyway, the bathroom does have a nice big window and get lots of light, however, we usually have the shade drawn as it faces the front of the house, so I don't know if there will be enough light to keep the paint color from being too dark.  We will have light floor and cabinets but the countertop will be dark.  So I don't know how that will balance out.  The trouble for me is that lighter greens tend to look too gray to me.  That is the color the bathroom is now and I hate it!  For some reason the contractor uses Benjamin Moore paints so I keep looking through their palate.  Let me try to post a swatch.

MPC00103508-2.jpg