Menu

also asking for xmas dinner "help"

SparklyUnicorn

I'm making prime rib.  My husband does not eat beef though so I want to make him something else.  I usually buy something like a ham steak.  He doesn't mind that.  I wanted to do something a little nicer, but I can't think of what.  I was going to do scallops, but then I saw the price of them and thought they don't taste as good as they cost.  So I'm trying to come up with something else.  Since it's a small portion for one it can be almost anything. 

Any ideas?

Oh geesh another weird thing about him. He hates anything with too many bones. And anything that requires effort to get at like lobster or crab. LOL

He's kind of a baby. Maybe I should make him some baby food. :laugh:

:lol:

How about one of those pre-cooked shrimp rings with some cocktail sauce? It's not exciting, but it's completely effortless for you and if he likes shrimp, it might work. It's really more of an appetizer, but if you don't tell him, maybe he won't know the difference. :D

• Like 2

:lol:

How about one of those pre-cooked shrimp rings with some cocktail sauce? It's not exciting, but it's completely effortless for you and if he likes shrimp, it might work. It's really more of an appetizer, but if you don't tell him, maybe he won't know the difference. :D

He might be picky on the one hand, but on the other he is easy.  He probably would not care if I made him hot dogs.  LOL

• Like 1

He might be picky on the one hand, but on the other he is easy. He probably would not care if I made him hot dogs. LOL

Hot dogs it is! :hurray:

But make them look more festive by doing that thing where you wrap them in Pillsbury crescent rolls and bake them in the oven. Because nothing is too good for family on Christmas. :laugh:

• Like 1

Americas test kitchen is on netflix and had an easy herb/breadcrumb topped salmon recipe that would work for a single fillet. Alternatively, can you make fettuccini alfredo as a side dish and add seafood to his? You CAN buy just 4-5 scallops, or a little crab meat for his without it getting too expensive. Also, muscles are CHEAP and so easy. Does he like muscles?

Edited by KungFuPanda

Americas test kitchen is on netflix and had an easy herb/breadcrumb topped salmon recipe that would work for a single fillet. Alternatively, can you make fettuccini alfredo as a side dish and add seafood to his? You CAN buy just 4-5 scallops, or a little crab meat for his without it getting too expensive. Also, muscles are CHEAP and so easy. Does he like muscles?

Well he is a big eater.  I think he'd want more than 4-5 scallops.  I could buy them.  It's not that I can't afford it, but it just seems ridiculous to pay $20 for a portion of food that'll leave him hungry. 

I did think about doing mussels.  Those are easy.

He does like salmon too.  So that's another idea.

Would be easier if he'd just eat the damn beef though.  LOL

Edited by SparklyUnicorn

Well he is a big eater. I think he'd want more than 4-5 scallops. I could buy them. It's not that I can't afford it, but it just seems ridiculous to pay $20 for a portion of food that'll leave him hungry.

I did think about doing mussels. Those are easy.

He does like salmon too. So that's another idea.

Would be easier if he'd just eat the damn beef though. LOL

No, I meant 4-5 scallops as part of a giant plate of seafood alfredo. I usually do scallops, crab, and shrimp in mine. A couple scallops are normal for this dish. It's heavy with all the pasta, cheese, butter, and cream so he won't be hungry.

• Like 3

He might be picky on the one hand, but on the other he is easy. He probably would not care if I made him hot dogs. LOL

If that's true, then I'd get him one of those Bertolli pasta meals. Just browse the freezer and get one. Heat in the frying pan for 15 minutes or so and his dinner is done and looks fancy.

http://www.villabertolli.com/product-category/frozen-meals

ETA: do a pasta dish and a soup (both from the freezer aisle) and crusty bread if he's a big eater.

Edited by Garga
  • Like 1

I'm going to KungFuPanda's house for Christmas.

That's a dangerous decision since I don't yet know what I'm cooking! I went to the store tonight and STILL don't know. I'm in denial. I did make sure to get ingredients for Alfredo sauce. This thread has me craving it and I have smoked salmon in the house to put in it.

I'm Kung Fu Panda and I have a salmon problem.

And a fettuccine Alfredo problem :-D

• Like 1