Menu

If your children trick or treat...

OnTheBrink

I hate Halloween.  I just don't get the appeal.   Still, I'll wear the same black witch hat I wear every year as I go with DD12 to trick or treat, carrying my adult sippy cup.   :laugh:

DD19 is going to be Little Red Riding Hood.  This is her favorite holiday.

DD11 is the Big Bad Wolf

DD12 is dressing up as Dr. Ian Malcom from Jurassic Park, and forcing one of the dogs (whichever one she can get to keep the thing on its head)  into a triceratops costume to go out with her.  

2wbuf13.jpg

• Like 5

Mine will be a mad scientist (the 19 yr old) and his "creation", his 14 year old sister dressed kind of like "bride of frankenstein"; they will be doing a very short run of trick or treating, but mostly giving out candy at our place though.  I am stealing an idea I saw somewhere (can't remember where) and going to a party dressed in a T-shirt labeled "LIFE" and carrying a basket of lemons to hand out  :)

~coffee~

• Like 2

Our boys still need us to go with them door to door for social skills purposes, so we tend to do family outfits. Last year we did Alice in Wonderland. (I was the Queen of Hearts, DH was the Mad Hatter, Eldest was the White Rabbit, Middle son was the Ace of Hearts card soldier, Youngest son was the Cheshire Cat, and the baby was Alice.)
This year we're doing The Wizard of Oz. I'm Glinda, DH is the Wizard, eldest is the Scarecrow, middle son is Tin Man, youngest son is the Cowardly Lion, and the baby is Dorothy. They're all excited to go out with the baby. She won't remember last year, and this year she's just at the age where going around to people's houses and having them hand you stuff is THE MOST AWESOME THING EVER. We're going to let the boys do a lot of showing her off, lol, they're more excited to watch her reaction than to get their own candy.

• Like 3

Dd is going as Snow White.  That is her nickname on her climbing team (there is a game they play where their workouts are labeled with a nickname that the coach creates and they have to guess who is who.)  She has Snow White's coloring and she is a sweet kid.  I may dress up as something to hand out candy - probably something where I can just dress in black yoga pants and draw something on my face.  No energy for creativity today.

• Like 2

A Cat Fairy. Please note that this is NOT a cat who is a fairy, but a fairy who loves cats. (However, last year's Princess Cat was, in fact, both cat and princess.) Her symbol is a heart and her power is kindness.  :) Thank you, Etsy and Children's Place, for making this costume possible. 

• Like 4

Mine are going to be a Cleopatra mummy, a werewolf, and a classic Princess leia.

I would love to dress up but have nowhere to go in my costume.

Dd is going to be a Cleopatra Mummy too! I've never heard of the idea before, but apparently all the kids are doing it these days! :rofl:

DS is a ninja, and dd2 is going to be a button-eyed ghost child from Coraline.

I will be an Ent Wife.

• Like 1

DD#1 will be a fairy.

DD#2 will be Hello Kitty (same as last year, and the costume still fits!).

DS will be a pumpkin (he'll wear DD#2's costume from 2 years ago).  He will not carry a bucket for candy, but he will be cute. :)

DH and I will do our usual thing of dressing up as parents of young children. ;)  

• Like 1