Menu

NFL Football? Yes, please!

unsinkable

Same here.

Just as I clicked to open this thread, DS stepped out of his room and said "Catch the ball!" to DH. I have no idea what that was about, other than it had to be football. :laugh:

My guess is that someone on the team he is cheering for got "happy hands." That's what we call it when the receiver can't catch the ball that is literally touching his hands.

:lol:

• Like 4

We had our first game Thursday.  Within the first quarter of the game, the Pats were accused of cheating yet again, due to mysterious (likely completely accidental) headset malfunctions.  HAHAHA. 

It's a hoot being a Pats fan.  They are hated for completely ridiculous stuff.  (If they were despised for- say- repeated domestic violence allegations, it'd be a whole different story).  Tom Terrific is so handsome.  And they win a whole lot.

• Like 1

Huge NFL fans here!  We have DirecTV just for the NFL package, a family weekly pool (weekly winner gets to decide where to get pizza from next Sunday, monthly winner gets to pick dinner out, yearly winner gets to pick special dinner out), and friends coming over to watch some out of market games this afternoon (because really, who cares about the Buccaneers??)

• Like 2

Happy to get to watch my Bengals later this afternoon but turned it on early to see what's happening in other games and our cable is "freezing" up on and off.  Just got off chat with the cable people and they tried to fix it and can't.  Tech coming tomorrow but what about the game today :(   Anyway, for a while there was no picture so I'll be happy they got it back on with just a somewhat annoying accidental and random freezing of the picture happening once in a while.

I was so happy, too, to get to watch the whole game today!  Usually I end up missing some or all of the game because of our Sunday church schedule so of course, today, when a church service is canceled and I can actually watch from beginning to end, the cable starts messing up.  Grrr . . . 

Small problem in the larger scheme of life :)

I sat next to my husband on the couch with stuff I needed to get ready for school this week while he watched the Bears-Packers game. He grew up in WI, and the last time I sincerely cheered for the Bears was when I made pennants for my teddy bears in 1985. And even then I didn't pay much attention to the actual game. DS started watching with DH, but decided the pbs kids shows we let DD watch in the other room were better.

I'm usually only a college football fan, but this year three of our former Nebraska Cornhuskers were drafted. Of course two of them just HAD to be drafted to teams I don't like (Cowboys and Bucs). I am pretty stinkin proud of our Ameer Abdullah though on the Lions. Got his first NFL touchdown on his very first carry of his career.

Ds and I love football.

Dh can watch it if there's nothing better to do.

Dd13 will occasionally watch if we let her stay up past bedtime.

Ds and I usually pick opposite teams to cheer for (if it's a matchup that we don't really care about).  Friendly rivalry and all that.