Menu

Remembering the past: The Great Cupcake Kerfluffle

Susan in TN

I can't remember if I played in that one or not.  We tend to be busy in August.  

FTR  cupcakes do not register on my like/dislike meter.  I simply don't care about them.  They often look better than they taste (to me).  However, my guys are quite pleased if someone gives them some!  ('Cause their mama rarely bakes anything sweet, so they are rather deprived.)  School birthday celebrations were an exception.  We always made some for that.  Isn't that sort of what the big thread was all about?  Refresh my memory!

• Like 1

The cupcake thread was awesome.  It was eventually shut down only because it got too huge with all the photos / photoshop creations people were posting.  And later it was deleted because there were too many copyrighted photos in it.

For those who want a refresher, it all started when a poster did a JAWM type post because she was irritated about an in-law breaking the no home-baked snacks rule at her kid's school.  Some folks agreed, some disagreed, lots of people had fun with it, posted all manner of amazing cupcake creations (some involving kilts), and eventually it became about the second longest WTM thread ever.  And nobody hated anyone over it.  Best.thread.ever.

I suppose it sounds kinda silly just reading that description.  I guess it was one of those things you had to experience in order to appreciate it.  ;)

• Like 14

It was before my time, but it is such a part of the culture of this board that I caught on quickly. ;)

I do not discuss controversial topics like politics, religion, or cupcakes.

• Like 2