Menu

Catholic and Mormon are cults!!! Donald Trump for President!!

Moxie

I kid, I kid!!

I'm having a boring Friday night here. DH is at the hardware store.

Entertain me, Hive!!

Did you guys see the story about the girls who caught the woman sexting a man (not her DH) at a baseball game?? I can't link until I get to my computer.

• Like 5

trying to start a food-fight?! :drool:

in related news, Bloom County comic strip has started up again. The author couldn't resist Trump running for president.  When he left off, was it 25 years ago?? (gosh I feel old) he had Bill the Cat with a brain transplant of Trump's brain.   https://www.facebook.com/berkeleybreathed?pnref=story (Berkley Breathed on FB)

another side-note, Opus is on twitter :laugh:  https://twitter.com/frombloomcounty

election season just got really fun :)

ETA: I forgot,  Team cupcake!!!!!!!

• Like 15

As a member of a cult, I hereby put you all on notice that my entire purpose for frequenting the Hive is to brainwash the rest of you.

By the time I am done here every one of you will be eating green jello with shredded carrots while drinking red fruit punch and singing about popcorn popping on apricot trees.

You have been forewarned.

• Like 30

As a member of a cult, I hereby put you all on notice that my entire purpose for frequenting the Hive is to brainwash the rest of you.

By the time I am done here every one of you will be eating green jello with shredded carrots while drinking red fruit punch and singing about popcorn popping on apricot trees.

It might be working, because I often agree with you.

Now I'm scared.  I just can't handle that much food dye, maize!

:D

• Like 5

I only eat fruit in my Jello.  Try harder next time!!

• Like 3

Here is one article--

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3173433/Female-Atlanta-Braves-fans-hand-man-note-telling-wife-cheating.html

My only issue with this story is that they had to take it to Twitter afterward.  Boo hiss on that.

Yeah that's tacky. Fine to give him the note and pictures, but why splash it all over twitter. Are people that desperate for attention?

• Like 1

Well, you may be a cultist, but I'm bringing shariah law here...including interest free mortgages to Seattle.  (bwahahahahaaha)

Next, we'll force you all to use our evil Muslim inventions like coffee....and hospitals....and surgical tools.   

I know it's the American way to pay more than your home's value in interest, but that is wrong in Islam...so we just won't let you do that.  Instead, we'll just call it something else. :)  (Really, that's what sharia mortgages are....just renaming interest something else.)

This thread reminded me that I want to Trump my cat next time I brush her.  

• Like 15

Well, you may be a cultist, but I'm bringing shariah law here...including interest free mortgages to Seattle. (bwahahahahaaha)

Next, we'll force you all to use our evil Muslim inventions like coffee....and hospitals....and surgical tools.

I know it's the American way to pay more than your home's value in interest, but that is wrong in Islam...so we just won't let you do that. Instead, we'll just call it something else. :) (Really, that's what sharia mortgages are....just renaming interest something else.)

This thread reminded me that I want to Trump my cat next time I brush her.

Don't use logic against my closed christian mind! It won't work!

• Like 6

Does anyone have a signature scent? My mother always said a woman should have a signature scent. I blew it off until I was reading Dr. Phil's wife's book and she talked about having a signature scent and spraying a bit in the entry before Dr. Phil got home every day. I used to wear Obsession by CK, I might go back to it.

And, my 3.5 yo still refuses to poop in the potty. Now she changed into a pull-up all by herself, does her business and then asks me to change her. There is a bag of candy sitting here waiting for her to go in the potty. I'm out of ideas.

• Like 2

Does anyone have a signature scent? My mother always said a woman should have a signature scent. I blew it off until I was reading Dr. Phil's wife's book and she talked about having a signature scent and spraying a bit in the entry before Dr. Phil got home every day. I used to wear Obsession by CK, I might go back to it.

And, my 3.5 yo still refuses to poop in the potty. Now she changed into a pull-up all by herself, does her business and then asks me to change her. There is a bag of candy sitting here waiting for her to go in the potty. I'm out of ideas.

Coconut.

Hide the pull ups.

Go do your list.

• Like 1

I've always hated scents and perfumes of all sorts and I've never worn one.

Then, a year ago, a Saudi friend of mine gave me a tiny vial of white musk. Outrageously expensive, I know it was. It's freakin' unbelievable. She told me she didn't know if it was deer musk or whale vomit. I don't care, I love it so hard.

I wear it on special occasions and...well, I honestly turn myself on it smells so good.

Mmmm, me sexy thing!

• Like 12

I go through perfume phases.

When I was really young, it was Love's Baby Soft. :)

Then I think I moved to Angel by Thierry Mugler.

Ralph Lauren, "Glamourous"

There was a Estee Lauder perfume in there....and I think also one of the Lancome ones.

Issey MIyake's "L'eau de Issey."

These days I use a weird Arabic perfume roller.  Basically they use scented oils because of the alcohol thing (although you're not drinking it , so I'm not sure why.)  I have no idea where I picked it up or how to replace it...but I like it. 

• Like 1

I'm serious about hiding the pull ups though. She knows she has to go which is why she's going to get a pull up.

That is where is gets tricksie. She has all these fears about pee (long story but I might break it out later). If she thinks there is a drop of pee in her undies, she flips out. No problem during the day but she still wets every now and then at night (she sleeps in a pull-up and we remove it without her knowing). If she were to wake up in a puddle, well, that would be a bad scene and it might set the whole process back, kwim?

When my mom became a Mormon in the 70s she was so puzzled about jell-o salads being considered "Mormon" because she grew up Catholic and they always had jell-o with fruit and select vegetables (most often carrots) inside at church potlucks.  She called them congealed salads which gives a whole different level of grossness to it.  I've never had a jell-o salad with anything but fruit in it because... ew.  I guess I'd better turn in my cult card right now.

My friend Trumped her cat.  She totally gave him a Trump combover with some fake hair the color of the cat's fur.  It was fabulous.

• Like 9

That is where is gets tricksie. She has all these fears about pee (long story but I might break it out later). If she thinks there is a drop of pee in her undies, she flips out. No problem during the day but she still wets every now and then at night (she sleeps in a pull-up and we remove it without her knowing). If she were to wake up in a puddle, well, that would be a bad scene and it might set the whole process back, kwim?

Just keep them somewhere that she can't get to. That way you can have them at night and she can't access them when she wants to go potty.

So if we're talking Mormons and food... during my one and only trip to Utah, it seemed like there was an option to put cheese on everything and dh and I wondered if that was a Mormon or a Utah cuisine thing. Like, you could put cheese on the pie and have it melted onto every dish in multiple restaurants we ate at while we were traveling out near Bryce and Zion. Are we right or did we just happen to eat at weird, cheese loving restaurants?

• Like 2

She will hold it in until we put the pull up on at night. Her control is amazing. I worry she will get constipated and that will make our problem worse.

• Like 1

So if we're talking Mormons and food... during my one and only trip to Utah, it seemed like there was an option to put cheese on everything and dh and I wondered if that was a Mormon or a Utah cuisine thing. Like, you could put cheese on the pie and have it melted onto every dish in multiple restaurants we ate at while we were traveling out near Bryce and Zion. Are we right or did we just happen to eat at weird, cheese loving restaurants?

Weird. I love cheese, but I've never put it on all the things or seen that done.  

I'd rather be known for cheese than jello.  We messed that one up.

• Like 6

True dat!!

I don't know why I'm so bored. I have a huge to-do list.

My mom and I had a discussion just yesterday about how feeling bored and feeling overwhelmed have a lot in common. Both make you antsy to get out of your current circumstances.

Maybe you feel bored because you are overwhelmed by your to-do list.

• Like 3

Speaking of strange food, DS had a friend sleep over this week and he ate ketchup on his pancakes!! Blech!!

• Like 1

I did not experience that the two times I've visited my friend in Utah.  She's also never mentioned it.  She's right by Salt Lake City.  That sounds odd.  It's definitely not a Mormon thing.  It might be a Utah thing or part of Utah thing.

Fry Sauce, on the other hand... They sell that stuff in vats at Costco.  My daughter loves it which makes my best friend very proud since she introduced it to my daughter.  Five Guys has Fry Sauce in Utah only.  It's seriously a Thing.

• Like 2

She will hold it in until we put the pull up on at night. Her control is amazing. I worry she will get constipated and that will make our problem worse.

I don't envy you. I actually have no idea how to potty train a child. My son is very strange. I bought underwear and told him he had to go in the potty from now on and he never had a single accident. Now my daughter is 2 1/2 and I don't have a clue what to do with her.

• Like 1

Yes! We noticed the same thing. And the ketchup. Ketchup was offered for the most interesting foods.

• Like 1

I did not experience that the two times I've visited my friend in Utah. She's also never mentioned it. She's right by Salt Lake City. That sounds odd. It's definitely not a Mormon thing. It might be a Utah thing or part of Utah thing.

Fry Sauce, on the other hand... They sell that stuff in vats at Costco. My daughter loves it which makes my best friend very proud since she introduced it to my daughter. Five Guys has Fry Sauce in Utah only. It's seriously a Thing.

I moved away from Utah when I was nine, I had completely forgotten about fry sauce until I returned as an adult and rediscovered it. It was like finding a piece of my childhood that had gone missing.

I can get teary-eyed over fry sauce.

• Like 4

Speaking of strange food, DS had a friend sleep over this week and he ate ketchup on his pancakes!! Blech!!

That IS gross:)

We had an adult friend come for an impromptu gathering this week where we ordered pizza. I couldn't believe it when he asked for mayonnaise to dip his pizza in! Eeww! And really? As if fast food pizza isn't enough on its own?

For some reason he wasn't impressed by our veganaise:)

• Like 1

That IS gross:)

We had an adult friend come for an impromptu gathering this week where we ordered pizza. I couldn't believe it when he asked for mayonnaise to dip his pizza in! Eeww! And really? As if fast food pizza isn't enough on its own?

For some reason he wasn't impressed by our veganaise:)

Mayonnaise is a common pizza topping in Japan.

• Like 5

The only Fry Sauce I've encountered was Fuddruckers and that had mayonnaise in it. Which means it's evil and probably invented by Donald Trump or something. :p This is why God gave us ketchup.

• Like 2