Menu

I've never seen my old man stutter until...

AimeeM

... I come flying out of the bedroom, having looked in the mirror at myself in a new skirt, yelling "why didn't you TELL ME that my BUTT BLEW UP!"

His mouth dropped, he stuttered for a minute. Then he resumed the always-put-together look and said, "I'm not supposed to answer that - not ever." 

I tried to claim that I really wanted to know, to which he replied "no way; there is no WAY for this to end without me in the doghouse."

To which I claimed THAT (response) meant that my butt HAD blown up - his refusal to answer.

Then he laughed.

And I realized that I'm a hormonal basket case these days.

Poor DH!

• Like 15

I taught him that, lol, by default - he would answer honestly, I would get emotional. I didn't think I had taught him that it should apply always... only when a PREGNANT whale-woman-wife asks a similar question ;)

You're pregnant?! That's exciting! I missed the news. :)

No!!! Lol. This is referencing what I had taught him when I *was* pregnant (but he is now applying "always").

I can't have any more children.

Besides, Marco zaps every ounce of energy I have, lol.

I asked my dh a similar question

"does this dress make my arms look fat?"

He is seldom at a loss for words but he was utterly speechless and looked completely terrified!

"What....uhhh...What kind of question is that? There's no right answer to that kind of question!"

I think I scared him.

• Like 4

No!!! Lol. This is referencing what I had taught him when I *was* pregnant (but he is now applying "always").

I can't have any more children.

Besides, Marco zaps every ounce of energy I have, lol.

I'm sorry for misreading. :(

When I was pregnant with my first one day I come out of the bedroom, looked at dh, and asked "did my butt get big?" He immediately answered "no". I looked in the mirror again and asked "so, it was always this big?" Poor man, like a deer caught in headlights.

• Like 1