Menu

reading all posts one person has written

I'm not sure this is the place I would ask, but I would like to read, or at least scan all the posts one poster has written.  I went to their profile and clicked on "posts" but only the latest posts came up.  I do this on other forums, but can't tell how to do it here.

Well, I just checked out their posts and they've been on since December with a few substantive posts. :D  

But, yes, messaging a person might be a better way of contacting them if you're needing more information about a subject. People are pretty friendly on here.

• Like 4

I'm not sure this is the place I would ask, but I would like to read, or at least scan all the posts one poster has written.  I went to their profile and clicked on "posts" but only the latest posts came up.  I do this on other forums, but can't tell how to do it here.

When you look on a person's profile page, there are four icons at the top you can choose from. The one to the very right is called "Find Content," and while it doesn't give as much as other forums do, it's still more than 5.

• Like 1

Hmm, this would have me thinking stalker too, though having seen what you've written, I'm willing to give ya the benefit of the doubt.  The Find Content button is likely your best bet, but you'll still be scrolling through threads to see the exact post.  Titles of the threads can give you an idea if they are worth your time.

If looking for something specific, the search button with the author's name and a keyword will also sometimes help.  I use this to find some of my old threads occasionally when I'm looking up something I know I've posted before (like AP stats book details/ISBN numbers, etc).

Every single thread still sounds ominous though.

• Like 1

If you're going to check out all my posts you will be doing it for a very long time. . .  

...and if you are stalking me, better grab some strong coffee to keep you awake...yawn...

That said, if you are looking for advice on a topic from a poster you admire, you will have better luck googling welltrainedmindforums  *postername*  topic.  That's how I stalk anyway.  :coolgleamA:

• Like 12

Not to mention a bit boring.  

I can see it. Let's say I'm new here nd read something lewelma shares about science curriculum, I might want to read up on her posts.  Or if I come across something Joanne said about teens and sexuality and it really caught my attention, I might want to read more specifically from her.

• Like 11

I can see it. Let's say I'm new here nd read something lewelma shares about science curriculum, I might want to read up on her posts.  Or if I come across something Joanne said about teens and sexuality and it really caught my attention, I might want to read more specifically from her.

That's my guess too.  There are some amazing people here who share their knowledge generously. 

• Like 5

I can see why you might want to do it, or at least see a bunch of posts with no specific topic. I can think of a couple of members whose posts really tend to resonate with me, and I could see reading more of those members' posts, just in general, to learn more about how they homeschool, in hopes of getting some ideas myself. Can't say as I've ever had time to do so, though!

Yes, well I wasn't say that Lewelma's posts were boring - just mine.   ;)

That said, if you are looking for advice on a topic from a poster you admire, you will have better luck googling welltrainedmindforums  *postername*  topic.  That's how I stalk anyway.  :coolgleamA:

Ahh, one learns something new every day!  I had an hour to spare today... ;)

It could be useful next time I'm in the stalking mode.

• Like 5

This is a public message board where people who post want to be read...or so I hope.

You can search for past posts using the "Advanced Search" option. There you can search by poster and filter further by dates, forums, etc.

• Like 1

All you posters better be up for some stalking on a public message board, since I know all my posts on this and other boards can be found by googling. I was hoping there was a way to do it within this board since it is easier that way on the other board (Brillkids forum) I tend to stalk (only in a good way) people on. Thanks for the instructions.

I have found OhElizabeth's posts to be so insightful regarding specific therapies. When I have found someone who knows things that I have learned that few other people know, I try to find out what they know about everything else. It is a very effective way to leverage other people's knowledge.

I probably won't homeschool, although I admire others who do, and I don't have special needs children, at least I hope I don't, but one of my main interests in life is recovering children on spectrum (I consider ADD and ADHD to be on spectrum). I have also found when you find things that are most the effective to educate or "normalize" special needs children you can apply them to neurotypical children with even more dramatic results.

I am a chiropractor in Chesapeake, Virginia. I have a four year old, a two year old and I am pregnant with twins. That information is mostly provided to make OhElizabeth not nervous. Although I'm very unlikely to read over 20,000 posts.

• Like 15

Thanks for the explanation and best wishes with your kids/pregnancy!

Compare the google/poster's name option with the Advanced Search, poster's name, and a key word of interest.  You might find you like the latter better, but I haven't compared.

With 20K posts... it could keep you busy for a wee bit!  ;)

• Like 2

Congratulations!!! My twins are 6 now.

There are some very knowledgeable people here. Thanks for taking the time to explain further. Much appreciated.:)

And some very cautious people......we have had some really weird situations over the years. They usually don't start out with such direct questions. :)

• Like 1

All you posters better be up for some stalking on a public message board, since I know all my posts on this and other boards can be found by googling. I was hoping there was a way to do it within this board since it is easier that way on the other board (Brillkids forum) I tend to stalk (only in a good way) people on. Thanks for the instructions.

I have found OhElizabeth's posts to be so insightful regarding specific therapies. When I have found someone who knows things that I have learned that few other people know, I try to find out what they know about everything else. It is a very effective way to leverage other people's knowledge.

I probably won't homeschool, although I admire others who do, and I don't have special needs children, at least I hope I don't, but one of my main interests in life is recovering children on spectrum (I consider ADD and ADHD to be on spectrum). I have also found when you find things that are most the effective to educate or "normalize" special needs children you can apply them to neurotypical children with even more dramatic results.

I am a chiropractor in Chesapeake, Virginia. I have a four year old, a two year old and I am pregnant with twins. That information is mostly provided to make OhElizabeth not nervous. Although I'm very unlikely to read over 20,000 posts.

It's good to be reminded how public this board really is.  If we post it, it's public.

And, I agree about OhElizabeth.  She's a smart mom.

Blessings to you and your babies!  You are going to have 4 dc under age 5.  You are in for a wild ride! :hurray:

• Like 1

And some very cautious people......we have had some really weird situations over the years. They usually don't start out with such direct questions. :)

Well, as the OP and others have pointed out, everything we type here is public.  But it's not like we've cataloged it all nicely for you - unless the tag system still works and was used for OHEliabeth's threads?  That is another way to search posts on specific topics but it is so dependent on people deciding to use it correctly.  

Oh E offers some fabulous advice and insight into special needs. I don't blame you for stalking her posts at all. I would search for her posts on the learning challenges board in particular for what you are after. :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the book recommendation. I need it. My oldest is adopted. My first pregnancy and C-section ( I had fibroids removed surgically so I had to have planned C- section or no baby at all) were so easy. This pregnancy, NOT! I am just starting to feel functional at 13 weeks. I ate a whole pizza myself today. Ha ha. I've only gained 5 pounds and I can't believe I haven't lost weight since I haven't been able to eat much until today.

I was afraid to have twins because of the potential for problems and discomfort at the end of the pregnancy but was blindsided by the early symptoms.

I have a lot of help and my two boys are really easy. There is probably little chance I'll have two more easy ones, is there? I was going for a girl and what do you know, two more boys. I'm hoping that new gender blood test is inaccurate, but they say it is reliable.

Yes, lots of smart people here. I'll stalk someone else later. Sorry if I scared anyone. I was trying to be too blatant to be up to anything nefarious.

• Like 5

Can we have a show of hands for who thought it was probably OhE that she wanted more posts from?  (Or does that make me look too stalkerish myself, now that I think of it.()

I will admit, too, that once I decided it was probably OhE and I thought about how many years she's been here, I sort of had a giggle at the notion of scanning ALL the posts she's written.

• Like 4

I have a lot of help and my two boys are really easy. There is probably little chance I'll have two more easy ones, is there? I was going for a girl and what do you know, two more boys. I'm hoping that new gender blood test is inaccurate, but they say it is reliable.

This is such a breath of fresh air! 

So often if people have a couple of easy kids, they think it's been all their doing. On my strong days, I am thankful for not having easy kids because I would have thought I was the best parent in the world and looked down on all those poor parent's who struggle in raising their more challenging children.

None of my kids were easy due to SPD, but my oldest two have grown up very well so far. I try not to take credit because I don't want to be blamed if the others wind up in not having more difficulties as they get older.