Menu

Ignore this thread!

Something so unexpectedly nice happened today at co-op...no less than TWO teachers smiled at me and said a pleasant hello! Typically I feel like the untouchable leper (which is better than the outright hostility of last semester), but today I felt like a bonafide human! It's another ITT Birthday Miracle!

• Like 9

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I have been feeling funky all day. Massive headache when I first got up, some nausea involving lying on the bathroom floor for a few minutes trying not to hurl, lots of sleeping all day. No fever (in fact, it's my normal hypothyroid 97.7). I have finally managed to wash my hair and face. I must go to choir rehearsal tonight because there are only three of us in the alto section and I won't try to sing Sunday if I don't go to rehearsal tonight. Whine, whine, whine.

That is all. :sad:

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

I am adopting a new dinner strategy:  making only the meals that get no complaints or whines or rejection.  

That limits us to baked ziti and (homemade) mac-n-cheese.   Until they can't stand either anymore.  

Think it'll work?*

*I know I know.  Kids.  They can eat either of those items forever.  

#quailandmanna

#dontknowhowmosescouldstandit

• Like 7

My traumatized cat is feeling better. She found a bird my other cat killed, dropped half of it in DH's work shoe that is on the porch and is gnawing on the other half. Don't ask me why I am watching her do this! I have no idea!

Because DH's shoe is involved. Which makes it amusing. Duh.
  • Like 3

I am out of likes. :(  "You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day."

You know what I don't have a positive vote for? Being audited for expending FSA funds on dental work.

Getting your cavities filled is awful.

Paying for it is worse.

Having to submit additional paperwork to verify that you expended funds correctly? CRAP!

• Like 4

I have been feeling funky all day. Massive headache when I first got up, some nausea involving lying on the bathroom floor for a few minutes trying not to hurl, lots of sleeping all day. No fever (in fact, it's my normal hypothyroid 97.7). I have finally managed to wash my hair and face. I must go to choir rehearsal tonight because there are only three of us in the alto section and I won't try to sing Sunday if I don't go to rehearsal tonight. Whine, whine, whine.

:grouphug:

Someone needs to hand over the bunneh slippehs to the Queen!!! 

• Like 1

The Ides of March bit me in the bum.  I've got to go deal with two different insurance companies and a FSA one.   :cursing:   :rant:

I am so sorry.  But I thank you for mentioning the Ides of March.  I remembered yesterday that Rocky's birthday was on pi day.  But I totally forgot that one of my brother's birthday is on the Ides of March!  Until you said the magic words.  I guess I'd better wish him a happy birthday. 

• Like 2

My husband wants to know if he can put Red Bull in our hummingbird feeders.

Uh...no.

What if he treats it like a science experiment and documents it all? Who knows which of life's mysteries he might solve?

On second thought...uh, yeah...no.

• Like 2

The Ides of March bit me in the bum. I've got to go deal with two different insurance companies and a FSA one. :cursing: :rant:

Oh yeah, it's the Ides of March. Annnndddd..... That's why Slashie put that poem up. Annnndddd.... Boy, howdie, I am really slow on the uptake today. Wow! Blame it on allergies!
  • Like 3

Chicken poop is toxic.

I put the speech up because Professormom called for speeches and I don't do speeches.

We went to the theater. I wanted to see The Jungle Book but we were afraid it would scare Mary so we saw Zootopia and it scared John. :lol: Now Mary wants to see The Jungle Book.

• Like 6

Well, my potato soup boiled over. Cause I was down the block making dd7 apologize to the 5yo neighbor boy for saying, "You gonna cry like a baby now, b - - - -?" to him.

Apparently, "J" found a "super cool" yellow golf ball in the creek, which dd7 thought should be hers since he found it in our creek and it didn't really belong to anyone. J and dd9 came to tell me about it after dd7 made her statement and kicked dd9.

I found her bawling her eyes out under a tree down the street. She had to apologize to J and shake on it. I told J that I was also sorry, and that it wasn't OK for anyone to talk to him like that.

Despite the fact that he was the one who taught that very phrase to dds, and has been reprimanded many, many times (by me) for using that kind of language toward my girls. He's got a mean daddy. Sigh.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

That reminds me...got to put out hummingbird feeders soon. I need to locate said feeders. I have a Phoebe hanging out on my front porch that is taking his cues from Hitchcock. He is periodically attacking my window, then clinging onto the screen with his sharp bird toes and pecking the window in a very threatening way. I assume it's a male, because I can't imagine a female bird wasting her time like that. Between "Da Bird" on the front porch and two more Phoebes building a nest over the garage, and the two Wrens occupying the other corner of the porch, my chance of avoiding toxic bird poop is nil.

(I have chickens, and yes, my boys do help me clean the house. We clean it every week.)

Edited by Critterfixer

That reminds me...got to put out hummingbird feeders soon. I need to locate said feeders. I have a Phoebe hanging out on my front porch that is taking his cues from Hitchcock. He is periodically attacking my window, then clinging onto the screen with his sharp bird toes and pecking the window in a very threatening way. I assume it's a male, because I can't imagine a female bird wasting her time like that. Between "Da Bird" on the front porch and two more Phoebes building a nest over the garage, and the two Wrens occupying the other corner of the porch, my chance of avoiding toxic bird poop is nil.

(I have chickens, and yes, my boys do help me clean the house. We clean it every week.)

Every week?  You're a better chicken parent than I am, Critter.  A muuuuuuuch better chicken parent.  

• Like 1

That reminds me, I need to clean and refill the hummingbird feeder!
  • Like 1

Wait...this is the one year anniversary of ITT?

CONGRATULATIONS!

:hurray:  :party:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :party:

You guys have spent a whole year talking about--

I mean, it's been a whole year of meaningful--

That is to say, you've absolutely spent MANY valuable hours, um...

Um, CONGRATULATIONS!

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

SWB

CONGRATULATIONS!

Um, CONGRATULATIONS!

SWB

SWB wins ALL the points tonight!  Have a piece of cake, Susan!

post-37635-0-43570200-1458043227_thumb.jpg

post-37635-0-43570200-1458043227_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

CONGRATULATIONS!

Um, CONGRATULATIONS!

SWB

::: verklemptish sniff :::

I hardly know what to say.  

:blush:  :D  :lol:  :001_wub:

• Like 9

CONGRATULATIONS!

Um, CONGRATULATIONS!

SWB

Exactly.   :lol:

• Like 10

(I think she puffy-hearts us. :001_wub: )  

To Susan! without whom I would never have known the joy of owl pellets stuffed into sofa cushions, cuisinaire rods stuffed up the nostrils of toddlers, and priceless little minds and hearts stuffed to the brim with all things good and true and beautiful.   :cheers2:

I'll buy you a coke someday.  

• Like 14

ITT

How happy this group has grown

Ramblin’ in this thread alone

Expressing one’s hope, another’s fear

Offered up for help to bear

Each member plays but one tiny part

Daily love to the others to impart

And members, in order to stay carefree,

Know not to go swimming in the sea

• Like 10

(I think she puffy-hearts us. :001_wub: )  

To Susan! without whom I would never have known the joy of owl pellets stuffed into sofa cushions, cuisinaire rods stuffed up the nostrils of toddlers, and priceless little minds and hearts stuffed to the brim with all things good and true and beautiful.   :cheers2:

I'll buy you a coke someday.  

Hear, hear!

• Like 3

CONGRATULATIONS!

Um, CONGRATULATIONS!

:thumbup:  :thumbup: 

SWB

:blushing:  Aw shucks!  We couldn't have done it without you.  Thanks a million!  :001_wub:

• Like 7