• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Google epicurious phad thai and instead of the tamarind sauce and all that, mix two tbsp of thai kitchen thai red curry sauce, one tbsp peanut butter, about 1 tbsp of peanut oil, really well, adding peanut oil so it will be smooth and coat the noodles. Fish sauce stays the same. We just did the thai red curry sauce because that's what we could get at QFC. We go for fun, not authenticity, figuring... we're not Thai. In this kitchen, everything is fusion, even the goulash and spaetzle.

• Like 1

I just used cuisenaire rods to explain how long a pregnancy is, how long I've been pregnant, and how much time I have left to John.

Good idea. Deals with the whole issue of "Wait, a month isn't actually four weeks? And it's not exactly a moon cycle either?" Apparently only women who've had babies know this.

• Like 5

when will I learn not to go on the chat board? I was enjoying the Ingalls thread & then... 

And I posted on something else and then.... 

Lesson learned. Back to ITT my happy place. I think my motto will be "other places can be visited but cautiously and with the Post button mostly disabled"

I went back for the drama, which I no doubt had a part in starting, and it's gone.  :001_rolleyes:  I was trying to be respectful of people's sensibilities but oh well.

I just had homemade pad thai leftovers for breakfast. I make such a great pad thai! We had it with chicken to please the kiddies. Nom.

I always miss all the excitement.  :leaving:

• Like 2

:seeya:  I looked at my calendar today after church and it's super crazy for the next eight weeks. Does anyone feel like all events are scheduled for spring and fall in an attempt to avoid bad weather? In any event, in sketching out the next two weeks of my life, it looks like my ITT time is going to be short. :thumbdown:   I wanted to give a heads up while I'm thinking about it so that no one sends out a search party with the elephant ninjas & bazookas.

• Like 5

I did the exact same thing, except I got back at 6 a.m.   :leaving:  And my dad was not pleased.

How have we not been best friends all of our life? We seem to be far too similar. 

I really like the idea of charging your kids for your time. It's simple.

I like iPhones, iPads, and iPods but I do not care for Apple computers. I might if I owned one and got used to it, but they are different than their app based products.

I never mind the time change. We have very casual Sunday mornings because we don't go to Sunday School because we're heathens so we really don't notice. By the time we get home our biological clocks are reset.

My school Mac was a nightmare until I got used to it. Now, PCs give me heck. However, when I quit the school and give back the Mac, I'll have to convert to PC again. It hurts my heart a little, but DH is adamant that we aren't getting a Mac since he can't work on them.  :crying:

I just used cuisenaire rods to explain how long a pregnancy is, how long I've been pregnant, and how much time I have left to John.

Tiger mom.  ;)  :D

• Like 4

I always miss all the excitement.  :leaving:

It wasn't even exciting, not even snarky; just mild jostling.

It's just that this is so nice. It's like the whole ITT is a JAWM thread. It reminds me of that sigline that someone had... something like "encourage one another" ? I always loved seeing her posts. (Who was that? Anyone remember? It was a long time member but I don't think I've seen her in a while..) 

If I want to snipe at people or have people snipe back at me, I have fb for that  :laugh:

• Like 5

I've been working on tax preparation stuff so dh can then actually do the taxes.  I am done except for adding up the amount spent for phone/internet and for the arduous process of going online and searching for checks that might be church gifts and then asking the bank to look these up and then getting the church to sign off on the total once I arrive at it.  I think I will tackle that next week.  I always put off the tax preparation and then it is not as horrible and scarring and soul-sucking as I had feared.

• Like 5

:seeya:  I looked at my calendar today after church and it's super crazy for the next eight weeks. Does anyone feel like all events are scheduled for spring and fall in an attempt to avoid bad weather? In any event, in sketching out the next two weeks of my life, it looks like my ITT time is going to be short. :thumbdown:   I wanted to give a heads up while I'm thinking about it so that no one sends out a search party with the elephant ninjas & bazookas.

:grouphug:   Give us a "fly by" when you can!

• Like 4

I don't have a free weekend for the next 6 weeks. My introvert self is already curling into a fetal position just thinking about it. 

• Like 2

when will I learn not to go on the chat board? I was enjoying the Ingalls thread & then...

And I posted on something else and then....

Lesson learned. Back to ITT my happy place. I think my motto will be "other places can be visited but cautiously and with the Post button mostly disabled"

I was pretty disgusted by that thread. I'm not going to say anymore!
  • Like 1

You might be a bad Christian parent if your child thinks that Easter is Halloween and talks about trick-or-treating for eggs.

She also tried to steal from the Easter candy donation buckets. (She's got a bit of a sweet tooth.)

Or your son is telling about Palm Sunday and how "Jesus was walking into the city and people put the Palm branches down and then there was a huge explosion and everybody died...." What????
  • Like 6

I've been blissfully unaware of the Chat Board lately!

Just completed my six weeks of intense activity and now it will be a downhill slide until summer.  Summer will be busy, too, and then the fall starts.  At the current moment (or rather, right before this current moment), I am looking at next year's high school English and getting nervous.  Now off to do a course description for the co-op director to put in the information.

• Like 3

Or your son is telling about Palm Sunday and how "Jesus was walking into the city and people put the Palm branches down and then there was a huge explosion and everybody died...." What????

My nephew tells the Easter story quite well.

Did you know that there was a T-rex that comes and rescues Jesus from all the mean men? Yep. T-rex eats the soldiers and Jesus runs away happy. 

Between your son and my nephew, we could have some good Easter movies in the making. haha

• Like 5

Ps. I talked to dd this morning about last night's situation. I explained that I understood that it was hard to predict how things are going to go when she's out with friends. And I understand that she doesn't have a car and is at the mercy of others. Plus, it's just fun. But I needed her to understand the situation from my point of view as well. I said "yes " partly based on the information that she would be home at 10:30. And when that changed, she didn't text me to discuss it. I had to reach out to her at 11pm to find out the situation. And then she wasn't home for another 25 minutes despite telling me that she was leaving from a location only 5 minutes away. So we've discussed it but no consequences have been set yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Here she comes! I think the storms will drop in intensity before they get here. Hail is expected.

There's apparently hail all around us right now, but not in my town. I still have to go to school do to sub plans for tomorrow (dd is having her yearly food allergy testing). Here's hoping I get done before the worst gets here. 

• Like 1

:seeya: .  Duck is here.

And all ketchupped, too! :hurray:

Yay for Jo!!!!! 

Super proud cheering for the ITT Falcons!!!

Welcome to the newbies!!!!

And Welcome Back, Slashaboo!!

I have been pretty much all  :willy_nilly: and  :svengo:  for the better part of a month now.   My house is suffering from serious CHAOS.  The struggle is real. 

I need a party.  ITT one-year anniversary ideas, anyone?   

• Like 7

Lynn, how is running going?

I've been watching TGC Essentials of Strength Training and now I want to dissect a human.

I'm on a run once every 2 or 3 weeks schedule.  :svengo:   I had a cold and recovered.  Then it was freezing outside.  Now it's not, so I'm outta excuses.  I'm hoping to get going again this week.  Thanks for asking!  :o

• Like 3

Ps. I talked to dd this morning about last night's situation. I explained that I understood that it was hard to predict how things are going to go when she's out with friends. And I understand that she doesn't have a car and is at the mercy of others. Plus, it's just fun. But I needed her to understand the situation from my point of view as well. I said "yes " partly based on the information that she would be home at 10:30. And when that changed, she didn't text me to discuss it. I had to reach out to her at 11pm to find out the situation. And then she wasn't home for another 25 minutes despite telling me that she was leaving from a location only 5 minutes away. So we've discussed it but no consequences have been set yet.

Hugs, Jean. I will remember your patience I hope when my oldest is that age (step DD is super responsible and also I don't discipline for stuff like that).

• Like 1

I'm on a run once every 2 or 3 weeks schedule. :svengo: I had a cold and recovered. Then it was freezing outside. Now it's not, so I'm outta excuses. I'm hoping to get going again this week. Thanks for asking! :o

Do you notice much loss in ability after an extended break?
  • Like 1

I finished planning for dd16's week. I had found the TOS ebook planner I had downloaded last school year, so started filling out in that. History and English I'll read with her at night and she'll do the written work next day. Math, chemistry, and Spanish she'll do while Im at work. I hope it works out.

Now to finish planning my prek class week...

• Like 2

Do you notice much loss in ability after an extended break?

Yes!  And I expect the loss has compounded compared to the last time I ran.  I will probably do a few days of week 1 day 1 trying to push the pace a little.  Then jump to one of the days in week 6 (10 min run, 3 min walk, 10 min run).  If I stay consistent for two weeks, I'll either proceed on from week 6 or possibly add a third 10 minute run, hoping to bridge up to week 10 (I think) which is four 10 minute runs.   

• Like 3

Hugs, Jean. I will remember your patience I hope when my oldest is that age (step DD is super responsible and also I don't discipline for stuff like that).

I'm leaning towards no consequence beyond the talk at this point. If I had gotten attitude, that might be different. I did tell her that figuring out how to navigate the increased freedom and responsibility of the teen years can be tricky sometimes.

• Like 9

Yes! And I expect the loss has compounded compared to the last time I ran. I will probably do a few days of week 1 day 1 trying to push the pace a little. Then jump to one of the days in week 6 (10 min run, 3 min walk, 10 min run). If I stay consistent for two weeks, I'll either proceed on from week 6 or possibly add a third 10 minute run, hoping to bridge up to week 10 (I think) which is four 10 minute runs.

Good to know. My workouts are not measurable like yours, so I don't notice a difference. I know after my pregnancy I'm back to square one, but that's to be expected. I'm contemplating C25K if I live in an apartment with a safe place to run and I know I'll be in week one, but that's okay. I'm really hoping to move somewhere where we can get outside.
  • Like 3

I finished planning for dd16's week. I had found the TOS ebook planner I had downloaded last school year, so started filling out in that. History and English I'll read with her at night and she'll do the written work next day. Math, chemistry, and Spanish she'll do while Im at work. I hope it works out.

Now to finish planning my prek class week...

Sounds like a good plan!

• Like 2

Was the person naked except for their socks prior?

HAHAHAHA!!!  Well see....around here...you never really do know.

Actually, my boys are very modest. They are mortified for somebody to see their "nakedness".  My daughter, on the other hand...ditzy thing she is (much like her Mama), will walk out of the shower at the Y with a towel covering her belly but...nothing else.  Completely oblivious.  

• Like 3