• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

No. Goofed off on FB for awhile (I'm a member of several Harry Potter fan pages :D so those are always pretty good for goofing off), fixed a cup of Fleur Delacour tea (from Adagio Teas, which has a whole line of HP-themed teas), and am just checking in before going off to bed, perchance to sleep.

• Like 5

So, it seems that I am teaching Muggles to do hula. The other day I asked a question about one of the steps and they answered correctly. I said, "Ten points to Gryffindor!" and they looked like this.. :blink: 

Also, it seems that we have an infestation of wrackspurts. The Muggles claimed that they did not know the dance I had been teaching them for four weeks. The only explanation is wrackspurts.

• Like 8

Good Morning!

Dawn, sounds like you did well at Panera!  Yummy!

We had a nice family time last night for my Mom's birthday, except for the basketball game (UK Wildcats - lost). 

I was going to add my testimony regarding the stench of goats, but I learned something new from Dawn - I did not know that it was the males that were so bad.  For the record, sheep do not stink like that.  I asked my Dad once years ago if goat milk tasted good (since he had to milk them when he was a little boy).  He said, "If you can get past the smell."  :lol:  Kind of de-romanticizes Heidi's stay with her Grandfather, lol.  

(((Junie)))  Hope you kick that headache to the curb for good today!

Hope Ellie, and Bill finally got some decent sleep.

• Like 5

I liked Tanglewood Education. I have the corebook saved on my computer.

Me too! 

Any name suggestions? Or, do I have to list what Tex suggested? Please don't make me do that.  :lol:

Do it!  Do it!  Do it!  (So, are you naming just one class?  Or is it more of an umbrella name for all the classes you will offer?)  Spanish through Children's Literature.  (Tex's suggestions couldn't be worse than that?)

I'd rather shovel cow pens & horse sheds first, fwiw.

:iagree:

One of my all-time favorite quotes is a goat quote.

"Somebody bring me a bowl of coffee before I turn into a goat!"

J.S. Bach

#hehadtwentykids

Yes!  Great quote!  He must have been quite a character.

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

We milked the goats as well, and there is a slight smell. It is not horrific, but I couldn't drink it growing up. Many people loved it though, and for those with stomach issues, I hear it works wonders. I had a favorite goat growing up, but I can't remember her name. My stepdad always cut the boys, and they never really smelled.

I don't know if I'm going to church or not. I have a headache and didn't sleep well.

• Like 3

I slept well.

The headache feels like a sleeping giant that could awake at any moment.

Am iffy about church because if the giant awakes at church that could be really bad.

I don't know anything about goats.

I don't know anything about lacrosse.

I don't drink coffee.

I think I'm a muggle.

• Like 7

I think I'm a muggle.

If you have not read HP, or seen the movies, then yes, you are a Muggle, bless your heart. We still loves ya. We even have a class at Hogwarts on Muggle Studies. :D

Sending happy, healing thoughts your way this morning in hopes that the migraine giant continues to sleep. :grouphug:

• Like 5

Hello friends...it's time to make the donuts. (Points to anyone who gets the reference, but you have to be well over 40, I suspect.)

It's another day of helping young lads to peddle candy to  cranky old folks at the small town grocery store.   :lol:   My duties are pretty limited today, thankfully.

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 13

Good Morning everyone! This is the day that The Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it!

Mary, glad you will be able to make it to the second service!

Ellie, I read the first book once years ago. I guess I am basically a Muggle, too!

Tex, looks like you had a nice, relaxing day! Not! ;) Wow, just reading that made me tired. So happy for your dd and the kindness of her teammates!

Regarding goats... never smelt one, never had one, but I have sung the song, "Bill Grogan's Goat." So, that's gotta count for something!

Bill, good luck with lacrosse. You need a programmable coffee maker. It's a necessity.

Junie, hope the headache stays away!

Have a good morning everyone!

• Like 6

Me too!

Do it! Do it! Do it! (So, are you naming just one class? Or is it more of an umbrella name for all the classes you will offer?) Spanish through Children's Literature. (Tex's suggestions couldn't be worse than that?)

:iagree:

Yes! Great quote! He must have been quite a character.

It is an umbrella name for the classes I'll be offering.

And, yes, Tex was offering silly, terrible names. They included words like "smarmy." 'Nuff said.

• Like 6

Hello friends...it's time to make the donuts. (Points to anyone who gets the reference, but you have to be well over 40, I suspect.)

Fred the Baker in Dunkin Donuts commercials.  I grew up with them, so I get the reference.  But I'm only 39.  :D  It was an 80's thing, no?

• Like 5

The boy just now discovered that one of the side effects of diagramming sentences in grammar is to make it a cinch to translate a moderately convoluted Latin sentence. 

Exact quote: "This looks familiar. Haven't we been doing something like this in grammar?"

Me: "Yes, dear."  :svengo: Glad you finally noticed. :lol:

• Like 7

And, yes, Tex was offering silly, terrible names. They included words like "smarmy." 'Nuff said.

Spanish for All

Spanish the Easy Way

Enjoyable Spanish

Spanish Conversation and Literature

Spanish for Tongue and Heart  :lol:

Step by Step Spanish

Imma learn some Spanish, Yo!  :lol:

• Like 6

:seeya:

We've had DD's bestie since Friday afternoon.  (YESTERDAY.  Sheez.  My coffee consumption is less-than-adequate this morning.) After a hard morning of shlepping around and WiiUing, they decided that they were up to adventure.  So we tied Nana on the top of the wagon and drove 1 1/2 hours to the Barnes and Noble. 

Good times.

And I really need to get back on a schedule.

How does one schedule middle of the night bathroom breaks for a semi-continent dog?

Edited by JoJosMom
  • Like 2

What is wrong with Smarmy Senorita's Spanish Soire????  So catchy AND points for alliteration.  :lol:

Fred the Baker in Dunkin Donuts commercials.  I grew up with them, so I get the reference.  But I'm only 39.  :D  It was an 80's thing, no?

Yes!  the '80's were so fun!

• Like 7

We don't have cable - just rabbit ears - but there is a channel called ANT TV (antenna t.v) which airs shows like "I Dream of Jeannie", "Bewitched", and "It takes a thief".   I watched "Hart to Hart" the other day - also with Robert Wagner! 

Kewl. We get CoziTV, and GetTv, and Ion; one of those has "Hart to Hart" and "Murder She Wrote" and other similar series, but so far not Jeannie or Bewitched or Thief. But they are free, so I am not complaining. :-)

• Like 3

I went to church. It was good. I'm glad I went. The headache is still there, but it's not too bad.

So the visit with my foster mom went well. I took a card (with a little donation). A blank one, in which I wrote: I was so sorry for her loss. She and her husband had made a difference in my life, and that it would never be forgotten.

She is lost, she said. She is trying to get in a routine, but it is very hard being alone after being married 53 years. I am going to try to visit her more. She said she hasn't even seen the twins which is true, sad, but true. I am hoping if I visit her some, she will start to come visit us.

The shopping went well. I bought a dress for a wedding in June. My DH is performing the ceremony. It is his niece. It is pretty, navy blue with white dots, a full skirt just below the knee.

I'm ready for bed. It seems as if it should be about 5 or 6 p.m. It's gonna be a long day.

• Like 4

I'm not sure what I'd do about the semi-continent dog bathroom breaks at night. I'd probably try to palpate the bladder before bed and judge based on what I felt as to when the bladder would need to empty again. I assume he's still retaining some urine? (Not every dog lets me palpate the bladder well. They have to relax a little bit, and not all dogs will do that!)

• Like 3

The rest of my day will be spent making freezer meals and ignoring the FAFSA.

The Anti-FAFSA Booya!

#nohforslacheypoo

Sing it with me!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends...

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 7

I'm not sure what I'd do about the semi-continent dog bathroom breaks at night. I'd probably try to palpate the bladder before bed and judge based on what I felt as to when the bladder would need to empty again. I assume he's still retaining some urine? (Not every dog lets me palpate the bladder well. They have to relax a little bit, and not all dogs will do that!)

Dude.  This is the boy who lets the vet insert a catheter.  Without dope.  Or duct tape.  They just have to avoid his mouth.  Because he will gently lick their faces to say, "Please don't."

He'd let me.  I'll talk to Dr. Smart.  Thanks for the idea, Critter.  Now can you fix him?  Pweez? :crying:

• Like 7

Time to ketchup.

I read a few of the HP books and I think one or two? of the movies.  The fact that I can't remember probably confirms that I am a Muggle.

I went to church.  The giant still sleeps.

Texasmama -- You should not sell chocolate in warm climates.  There should be a law against this.

:party: Congratulations to little dd scoring a basket.  Happy tears.

I barely remember the donut commercial, but since I have a dad who likes to quote commercials and shows and other stuff (randomly and for no apparent reason) the donut commercial is still in my head.  sigh

Renai, no tengo idea sobre un nombre para tu clase.

Dawn,  :grouphug:

• Like 6