Menu

Ignore this thread!

Oh, and in elementary school.  My fifth grade teacher placed our desks in "islands" of 3 desks facing each other.  I found out quickly that I was usually placed with the trouble makers because the teachers knew that I was a good little girl.

So, for much of the year I sat with two boys whom I had known since kindergarten.

My fifth grade teacher was one of my favorite teachers ever, though.  He gave candy for any extra credit projects that students did.  I liked school, so I did lots of extra credit and earned lots of candy.

I found out that if I shared my candy with the two boys on my island, they would be nice to me and stand up for me if others picked on me.  :)  And, thus, I survived fifth grade.

• Like 11

Oh, and in elementary school.  My fifth grade teacher placed our desks in "islands" of 3 desks facing each other.  I found out quickly that I was usually placed with the trouble makers because the teachers knew that I was a good little girl.

So, for much of the year I sat with two boys whom I had known since kindergarten.

My fifth grade teacher was one of my favorite teachers ever, though.  He gave candy for any extra credit projects that students did.  I liked school, so I did lots of extra credit and earned lots of candy.

I found out that if I shared my candy with the two boys on my island, they would be nice to me and stand up for me if others picked on me.   :)  And, thus, I survived fifth grade.

So glad you didn't get voted off the island.  :D

• Like 11

I found out that if I shared my candy with the two boys on my island, they would be nice to me and stand up for me if others picked on me.   :)  And, thus, I survived fifth grade.

My 1st grade teacher tied me to my desk because I was always getting up to talk to friends. I was embarrassed, but my stubbornness prevailed. I just scooted my desk around the room.  :lol: 

My mom was livid, though. I was never tied to a desk again. 

• Like 7

My 1st grade teacher tied me to my desk because I was always getting up to talk to friends. I was embarrassed, but my stubbornness prevailed. I just scooted my desk around the room.  :lol: 

My mom was livid, though. I was never tied to a desk again. 

I will remember this story next time you tell us something funny (hardheaded) your dd does.  :lol:

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 9

My 5th grade teacher was openly rude to me, a lot. She wasn't like that to other kids so I came to believe that I must really be a stupid person for a teacher to treat me that way.

Things actually got a little better in Jr. High because we weren't stuck in the same class with the same kids all day, and by the time I was in high school, I found a decent group of friends through my German class and band kids. I wasn't in band, but as the lone violinist without a school orchestra, they had compassion on me and accepted me anyway :D .

• Like 5

I will remember this story next time you tell us something funny (hardheaded) your dd does.  :lol:

HAHA - please remind me of it as well. Though, something tells me that I will be reminded of it frequently. 

My third grade teacher was of the devil.  She hated children.  I never got into any trouble ever at school, and I was always in trouble with her.

That was my 4th grade teacher. I hated school and I hated her. It was her first year and she was older. She was not a good teacher. :( 

• Like 2

Eek!  At 10:15, dd tells me that she liked doing school at the library yesterday.  Can we do it again today?  We start school at 10:30 and I really really really needed to shower today.  We got to the library at 10;45 so I think I showered, dressed and gathered up school things in record time.  My hair is sopping wet, though and I've already run into people I know.  ;)

• Like 6

The last person who got through Boston in under 3 hours was yelling "The British are coming! The British are coming!"

Ok, this made me laugh the first time I read it.

And...... It made me laugh again. I just picture it in my mind and crack up!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 7

I can see the hummingbird feeder from my sick bed. Yes, I am on my sick bed again. I'm convinced I'm dying. Either from a sinus infection (thank you Tex) or a suspicious mole on my tummy (I have an appt. with my derm next week). But the feeder is empty. I felt like I was playing a dirty trick on the hummingbirds by leaving it up empty (hasn't been empty long) so it's in the dishwasher. But now I have no entertainment.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

I can see the hummingbird feeder from my sick bed. Yes, I am on my sick bed again. I'm convinced I'm dying. Either from a sinus infection (thank you Tex) or a suspicious mole on my tummy (I have an appt. with my derm next week). But the feeder is empty. I felt like I was playing a dirty trick on the hummingbirds by leaving it up empty (hasn't been empty long) so it's in the dishwasher. But now I have no entertainment.

First the sinus infection and now the bad mole. :w00t:

I'm sorry.  I don't think you are going to die, if that helps. :leaving:

• Like 6

I have $300 worth of stuff sitting in my cart at Rainbow Resource for next year. I've been messing with my shopping list for a week now because I'm sure I'm going to forget something. I've even cleaned up my school room to make sure everyone has their stuff accounted for, I think.  I'm going to go double check my list this evening.

Does anyone else get this paranoid? I almost think I should break up my order into 2 shipments, just in case.

I've had about four years in a row where I forget that one last thing, iykwim.

• Like 5

I have $300 worth of stuff sitting in my cart at Rainbow Resource for next year. I've been messing with my shopping list for a week now because I'm sure I'm going to forget something. I've even cleaned up my school room to make sure everyone has their stuff accounted for, I think.  I'm going to go double check my list this evening.

Does anyone else get this paranoid? I almost think I should break up my order into 2 shipments, just in case.

I wish I was this organized.

• Like 4

Break it up.  That's what I do.  I tell DH it's so it doesn't hit our wallet all at the same time.  It's more for me to get those extras! 

• Like 6

I make a list of curricula that everyone is going to need along with whether we have it or not.  Do you have such a thing?  I usually order piecemeal here and there throughout the year and split up the cost that way.  I also am a big fan of amazon and ebay.

• Like 5

Sharp cheddar in soup is amazing. But 2006. After 10 years, it's time to go.

I do keep a list. This is for the stuff I haven't been able to pick up used or where the prices are cheaper on RR than amazon.  Most of my curricula gets handed down kid to kid, but my SN guy needs different things, and oldest just needs stuff.  

I need to order lab supplies soon too, but I'll do that later this summer.  I have a mini fridge to store the dissection stuff. **squick**

• Like 4

The school I taught in for a short time had a refrigerator in the science lab.  It was supposed to be for the teachers to put their lunch in.  However, lab experiments (not dissections) were also stored in there.  Or, the teachers' lunches became the lab experiments.  Anyway, it was scary.

• Like 7