• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

College girl just called me and asked if the doctor made the right diagnosis.  I was all, "I don't know.  You didn't tell me what the diagnosis was."   :lol:

Then she asked me if she should take steroids.  I was all, "You know I'm not actually a doctor, right?" :lol:

Then she asked me what would happen to her on steroids, and I was all, "I don't know.  They made me want to eat a lot."

Then she asked me again if she should take them, and I gave up. :leaving:

• Like 3

College girl just called me and asked if the doctor made the right diagnosis.  I was all, "I don't know.  You didn't tell me what the diagnosis was."   :lol:

Then she asked me if she should take steroids.  I was all, "You know I'm not actually a doctor, right?" :lol:

Then she asked me what would happen to her on steroids, and I was all, "I don't know.  They made me want to eat a lot."

Then she asked me again if she should take them, and I gave up. :leaving:

My rule of thumb is unless you have an intelligent, specific reason for thinking the doctor is incorrect you do what the doctor says. 

I do not sleep well on steroids, fyi.

My rule of thumb is unless you have an intelligent, specific reason for thinking the doctor is incorrect you do what the doctor says. 

I do not sleep well on steroids, fyi.

She seems to think I am some sort of doctor when I only play one on TV. :lol:

I'm good with rashes, though.  The number one question is "Does it blanch?"  If not, that is bad.

• Like 2

No coffee at this hour for me. But hot chocolate would be good. Even if it isn't really cold outside. 'Tis the season and all that.

I cooked most of the afternoon, and sorted books. The shelves look good, and I have a nice turkey breast, mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce all made. 

• Like 2

Alas, my computer has died. Mr. Ellie is trying to save all my data to install on a new computer. I don't know when everything will be back to normal and I can play here again. Love y'all. If I'm not back by Christmas, I hope you all have a wonderful blessed holiday.I

• Like 8

Alas, my computer has died. Mr. Ellie is trying to save all my data to install on a new computer. I don't know when everything will be back to normal and I can play here again. Love y'all. If I'm not back by Christmas, I hope you all have a wonderful blessed holiday.I

Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

Is everything for extremely gifted kids? John's above his age group, but he's not anything special.

It's aimed at gifted, but my DS is also not gifted. He much prefers this grammar to anything else we have done. I would say it is fine for average kids, good for smart kids.

I ordered the grammar island package and the mud trilogy, as well as the if the wolf discussion guide with the RFP published books that went with that.

No, I have not come across anything anti-religious.

Wishing you the best re: computer.

Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

It's aimed at gifted, but my DS is also not gifted. He much prefers this grammar to anything else we have done. I would say it is fine for average kids, good for smart kids.

I ordered the grammar island package and the mud trilogy, as well as the if the wolf discussion guide with the RFP published books that went with that.

No, I have not come across anything anti-religious.

I bookmarked those, the aesop stuff for younger than MCT, and the philosophy stuff for 7th plus.

• Like 1

Lordy, what is Wrong with you all? I leave for 14 hours and everything goes to hell in a henbasket.

The van was packed and we even had space for the kids.

The Cumberland Plateau and Virginia are as stunningly beautiful as I remember, especially with a bit of mist fogging some areas.

Speaking of Crimes of Flatulence, we had a few entertaining miles in which I attempted to pass and then escape the presence of The Very Stinky Truck, which was more difficult than you would think.

Toward the end of the drive we listened to Peter and the Wolf (narrated by Captain Picard, of course) and the first bit of A Tale Dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz.

The drive is shorter tomorrow, so we may sleep in a tad. Or more likely wake up much too early (EST) and putz around the breakfast buffet.

Night all!

• Like 8

Merry Christmas, Ellie!  Don't be away long because things really go downhill without you. :hat:

• Like 4

Well, he's considerably older than Bruce Lee ever got, so not any more. And he's never worked out to the extent that Bruce Lee did.. . .

I can't imagine that Bruce Lee would ever get that ugly.

Neither of us work out like Lee either. I'm just saying, HOT.

• Like 1

Good morning.  Watched Episode V last night with dd13 (and dh and ds15).  Somehow, the surprise at the end was a surprise for her.  I'm amazed that it hadn't been "spoiled" for her.

Probably should finish my Christmas shopping today.  It is always so hard to buy for the littlest girl.  We already have so many things that a 5-year-old girl could want...

• Like 4

All fine. A little tired. The thunderstorms early this morning were something right out of March or April. Oh, what can I say? We've had tornadoes in February around here. 

If the power stays on I'll start pie-work this morning. On the list: maple pecan pie, dark chocolate caramel walnut tart, and a blueberry pie just because I want one.

• Like 3

Is everyone ok? I am worried.

Good Morning!

Good morning. Wow, I'm a little surprised. Don't have much to catch up on here on ITT. No frolicking in the wee hours. Well, the kids have another play date this afternoon. I managed to survive yesterday's play date. If I can get through today, I'll be good!

Those pies sound good, Critter. I'll take a blueberry!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 6

We were dealing with day 2 of nosebleeds and a lot of coughing with low-grade fever with Gymnast. Her nose was bleeding so much, I finally just let her drip in a cup instead of using rolls of tissue paper and paper towels.

Today, I'm finally going to clear out the living room of junk, taking out a low shelf (it used to belong in a classroom) and replacing it with a small bookshelf we've had since before dd16 was born, and clean out the refrigerator.

Someone gave us a ham and I decided that I will, for the first time, have a New Year's Eve dinner - ham, black-eyed peas, greens, and cornbread. Of course, I will have to make the greens without bacon  and the black-eyed peas without hamhock, in deference to my newly-vegetarian dd16. Well, hamhock is hard to find around here anyway.

Guess it's time to get up.

ETA: withOUT hamhock. Sheesh.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 2

:grouphug: gymnast. I hope and pray she gets well soon.

Time to start making cookies. I am about an hour and a half behind schedule. Oh, well. No place to go to today so it is ok.

I will probably try to wrap some presents later so maybe I won't be up until 3 a.m. Christmas eve or Christmas morning rather.

• Like 2

Hi, everyone!  We survived two days of shopping in Big City!  The second half of the drive down was in heavy snow, but it was warm (32-33 degrees) and the road was fabulous (we made it to the interstate.)  Our hotel was inexpensive but clean, and the employees were awesome.  The night we got there we took a cab to the fancy-schmancy mall-two blocks away because ICE and SLUSH.  Our cabbie was great and the shopping was fun.  Dinner was pizza on the bed in Nana's room (DD's idea of the coolest.meal.ever. [We did that one time when we got snowed in after a flight into Big City when she was 9.  She's never forgotten it.])  Then we got up and shopped most of the next day.  I cannot tell you how much more fun that was when I did not have to drive two hours before the shopping even started-Yay me!

Now we're safely home, and God answered our prayers for a white Christmas with a resounding YES.  We probably have a good 18 inches on the ground and more is falling (I think I'll take the yardstick outside with me. bounce.gif) (Hopefully, DH followed directions and hayed the ponies heavily last night in preparation of last night's/this morning's snow, because breakfast is super late.)

Catch-up time:

Safe travels, Susan.  pray.gif

:grouphug:  for Gymnast.  Poor baby!

Merry Christmas, Ellie!  And many well-wishes for your poor computer!

The rest of y'all:  You got pretty gross there for a while!  :lol:

#nonetipotevereverever

• Like 7

We were dealing with day 2 of nosebleeds and a lot of coughing with low-grade fever with Gymnast. Her nose was bleeding so much, I finally just let her drip in a cup instead of using rolls of tissue paper and paper towels.

Today, I'm finally going to clear out the living room of junk, taking out a low shelf (it used to belong in a classroom) and replacing it with a small bookshelf we've had since before dd16 was born, and clean out the refrigerator.

Someone gave us a ham and I decided that I will, for the first time, have a New Year's Eve dinner - ham, black-eyed peas, greens, and cornbread. Of course, I will have to make the greens without bacon  and the black-eyed peas with hamhock, in deference to my newly-vegetarian dd16. Well, hamhock is hard to find around here anyway.

Guess it's time to get up.

I think at that point in an ER, they'd be packing her nose with gauze. Careful about how much blood she might be losing. I hope things improve soon!

• Like 2

I spent a good chunk of last even cleaning out my backroom, still have a lot to do today.  Then I watched "unfriended" with ds17, it wasn't that good of a movie.  Today I have a few last minute errands to run (pay $40 at eye dr that I forgot I owed, pick up library holds and return some stuff, buy the gift card I am giving my folks for xmas and get the cash I am giving my older 3), Today massive amount of laundry also need to be done so that I can pack the kids things, we head to the city tomorrow night but the kids won't be back until the 30th so I need to pack 5 days worth of stuff for each of them.  I want them packed and bags loaded in the car today if we can manage it, to make xmas eve go that much smoother.

• Like 2

I think at that point in an ER, they'd be packing her nose with gauze. Careful about how much blood she might be losing. I hope things improve soon!

Oh, ok. The first day, off and on it was about an hour of trying to stop the bleeding. Day 2 was 20 minutes, so an improvement. So far, Day 3, there has been no nosebleed. Thank goodness.

I was trying to figure out how much blood a 30-lb preschooler could lose before needing to be taken in, but never found that info. I know that yesterday I eyeball-measured about 1.5 tablespoons in the cup. 

• Like 1

Do you need your posse?  I can get out my nunchucks.

Yesssssssss.

It's kinda bad.  It's been bad for a very long time, but the current bad is about setting limits with folks who have Narcissistic Personality Disorder.  It was destined to go badly.  

Bottom line:  Some people don't deserve to have me or my kids in their lives.  It took me almost 20 years to get there but yep, there.  And the reason I stayed and pretended not to notice I was being treated as a nonperson is dead.  So I'm outta there. :hat:

• Like 5