Menu

Ignore this thread!

12 hours ago, Slache said:

Matt did his first home inspection today. The house had scorpions.

I love Texas.

There is not a suitable reaction available for this and my updated keyboard app doesn't have the right emoji, either. 'Jaw drop to the floor' is the image that comes to mind.

Jaw dropping booyah!

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The chat board has a thread on pulmonary embolism recovery. That's what my lungs finally did at the end of my pregnancy which is why Isaac was a month early. I had no idea that recovery was so hard and that medication was usually prescribed. They gave me a steroid inhaler but it caused more problems and I was already so bad. I wonder if that's been some of my problem. I'm still mostly bedridden and I sleep all the time. It's been almost 2 years though.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Adam is home. He was in the shop for 144 days. I haven't seen him yet but Matt says he looks beautiful. We can only hope that he and Sienna get along as neither have been properly socialized.

It took me until the word shop to remember who Adam is.  So glad that you finally have him back!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Junie said:

It took me until the word shop to remember who Adam is.  So glad that you finally have him back!!

It's taking me longer. I might know, but just cannot remember. I'm too busy policing children so maybe just maybe they will make it into adulthood.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 3

Just now, Servant4Christ said:

It's taking me longer. I might know, but just cannot remember. I'm too busy policing children so maybe just maybe they will make it into adulthood.

Adam is our Corolla that was hit in February. My father is now complaining that our van's name isn't Eve.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hello.

I think I'm super behind on reading this thread.    It's been a busy few days.

Today was camp day #2.  This week is robotics camp and it's going really well.  It's small - 9 kids - because I only have so many robots.  They are all getting along well, and they are a group that will take an idea and run with it and expand on it.  Which is great.  Instead of having to pull teeth to get them interested in something and constantly offer ideas, they are coming up with their own games and activities.   It makes it much easier on us.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

To anyone who cares, I do not like the ClearPlay streaming editor. When we used VidAngel it deleted the sounds so instead of "Where the **** are you going?" it was "Where the SILENCE are you going?" But with ClearPlay they skip it so that it's "Where the are you going?" which is fine in this instance, but if there's a long, drawn out OMG or swear word the character is probably swearing for a reason and you miss that. As an example in The Amazing Spider-Man Uncle Ben was standing there and then suddenly dead with no explanation. I am positive that with ClearPlay we have missed important plot points. We used it free for a month and will try something else now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

So, Mr. Ellie and I drove to Seattle, then down to Fresno-ish, then back home to TEXAS. We had several boxes of childhood things for each dd that I wanted to give back to them instead of continuing to store them at my house, KWIM? We had a good trip--good time with the dc and their spouses and one grandchild and inlaws of one dd, no car problems or road problems in general, good weather, all that stuff and everything. Also, I can tell you that right now, it's definitely less expensive to fly than to drive, because gas. Oy. And also, I did not know that there could be such a variety of desolate barrenness until we drove through New Mexico. o_0

And also, as AAA members, I had gone to the office storefront, where the nice employee looked at the map and made hotel reservations and did a "TravelTik" for us, and I loved it. The TravelTik can be accessed through the AAA app, so we had not just a paper map, which I appreciate, but also GPS directions. FTR, between Austin and Seattle there are no major, diagonal freeways; we had to go north and west and north and west and north and west, all the way up. It was *much* easier driving down to Fresno-ish. And also, while in Fresno we went to the Forestiere Underground Gardens, which was quite interesting.

I enjoyed visiting with my dc, and I kind of liked the drive, TBH, but boy howdy, I'm so glad to be home!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Morning, Happy Thursday.

Hard to believe it's almost July.   Summer always feels like it flies by too fast.  

Two more days of camp and it's one down/six to go.   

I had a couple of students who were in classes and this was their first time being dropped off all day.  That's actually pretty common, students who do classes where mom waits in our lobby, try camps as a chance to try dropping off somewhere familiar.  All my camp teachers are my usual teachers and I'm working all of them this year.   Mom was a little worried the first day but the kids loved it, never even asked when mom was coming back, and at pick up the younger one (6) flopped on the floor and said she didn't want to go home.   

I have never had a mom look soooo happy that her kid didn't want to leave.  It was extremely heart-warming and sweet.   

We get a lot of quirky, shy, quiet, anxious, reserved kids in our classes.  It's always nice to see them start to open up and start reaching out.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Speaking of road trips: We got a call yesterday morning that DS had tested positive for Covid at camp, so we had to drive out to the mountains and fetch him. (They had to test the whole troop--no other positives so far, which the leaders attributed to DS's conscientiousness in masking.)

We think he caught it at a day camp last week. He was one of the only kids masking, and lunch was indoors. One kid was out sick and missed the final performance.

DH and I will test this morning. We have some sniffles and I have a headache, but am caffeinating. UPDATE: FWIW, both negative! 🙂 But obvs we're not going anywhere for a week.

Edited by 73349
  • Like 2
  • Sad 5

Morning. I got exposed to plague yesterday. So now I have to stay close to home for several days. I was masked (always mask and have since the beginning) but it's frustrating because this is the worst possible time for this to happen.

Fingers crossed I don't get it. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

33 minutes ago, Slache said:

I got out of jury duty today because children. I've never done it but I guess it's coming for me eventually.

I wouldn’t mind serving on a jury at some point, but not when childcare arrangements have to be made. Several years ago I made it to the selection room, but wasn’t placed on a jury. I found the process to be very interesting.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Slache said:

I got out of jury duty today because children. I've never done it but I guess it's coming for me eventually.

In my county, having children does not exempt you from jury duty.  When I lived in The Big City, I was able to get out of it, but when I moved here I had to do it.  Undercover drug sting.  So exciting.

• Like 4

Good morning!

Today is the 27th birthday of my eldest.  🎉

A friend tested positive for covid a few days ago - she was super sick, but then tested negative twice and her doctor thinks she just had the regular flu.  He said sometimes "regular" flu tests positive for covid.

Ds17 has an appointment and I am planning to go to Aldi.

Coffee!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Today is the 27th birthday of my eldest.  🎉

A friend tested positive for covid a few days ago - she was super sick, but then tested negative twice and her doctor thinks she just had the regular flu.  He said sometimes "regular" flu tests positive for covid.

Huh.

• Like 2