Menu

Ignore this thread!

11 minutes ago, Spirea said:

There's so much fat maybe they'd have too much trauma with liposuction. Maybe more infection risk? Have you seen liposuction surgeries? Looks gruesome.

Ok, googled:

"Liposuction is not an effective treatment for obesity. The procedure only removes subcutaneous fat—the outermost layer of fat under the skin. With obesity, the main concern is visceral fat—the fat that surrounds your internal organs and causes health problems"

"The maximum amount of fat that can safely be removed with liposuction is between six to eight pounds (three to four liters). An increase in the volume of fat removal heightens the risks of complications.

Ah. I should have looked it up. I had heard stories of people having 50+ pounds removed, but I guess that's old or not true.

Liposuction Booya!

How awful.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Slache said:

I had good eyebrows one time and it's singed into your brain.

But you have the potential!  My eyebrows are so thin that there's really no hope for them.

12 hours ago, 73349 said:

DS is off to scout camp tomorrow for the first time (and only his second time at a sleep-away camp).

Footlocker is stocked, day pack is ready, food is in the cooler (They can't feed him safely, so he is bringing his 18 meals + snacks), he can unlock his combination lock on the first try... I think we've done what we can do. #WeArePrepared

Have fun!  Dds15&13 leave in a week for Scout camp.  They have been waiting impatiently for the time to come for weeks now and are nearly packed.  I still need to spray their clothes.  They puffy heart LUV scout camp.

• Like 5

Good morning!

The kids got back from the concert near midnight last night, so are very sleepy.  But since dd23 is here they woke up early anyway.  Ds17 and dd19 went in to church already with ds26 to play in services.  I made clotted cream and scones for breakfast.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good morning! I was up at 2am with a headache and couldn't sleep for a couple hours. Finally feel asleep and dreamed that my credit cards and driver's license were stolen. I was trying to cancel everything. It was so real, I woke up thinking it was true. But I got incredibly happy when I realized it wasn't. And the headache is pretty much gone. So now it's a great morning!

Church picnic today. Have a great day!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

The kids got back from the concert near midnight last night, so are very sleepy.  But since dd23 is here they woke up early anyway.  Ds17 and dd19 went in to church already with ds26 to play in services.  I made clotted cream and scones for breakfast.

Coffee!

You have retained your fancy eating from the UK. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

You have retained your fancy eating from the UK. 

😁  The scones I had in England were not like any scones I've seen or eaten anywhere else.  They were more like very soft sweet rolls with a very slight brown top but not the more crusty usual scone top.  I can't find a recipe for them anywhere.  Here's what they looked like:

BADA2373-CD65-4CB1-9474-D2CBD6322BD6.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

😁  The scones I had in England were not like any scones I've seen or eaten anywhere else.  They were more like very soft sweet rolls with a very slight brown top but not the more crusty usual scone top.  I can't find a recipe for them anywhere.  Here's what they looked like:

BADA2373-CD65-4CB1-9474-D2CBD6322BD6.jpeg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/tea_time_scones_77839

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I can see the texture of those aren't the same.  I'll see if I can look up the tea shop - maybe they have something on a website.

OR - maybe they ARE the same and the scones I had at the tea shop were a fluke of nature/baking.  They were definitely different from a "normal" scone, lol.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

Some of my friends are visiting Gatlinburg. I have a lot of friends from Cincinnati so I've seen probably 15 sets of friends visit Gatlinburg on Facebook and none of them have ever looked like they were actually having a good time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Morning.   Happy Monday.

First day of first camp of the summer.    I'm tired since I didn't sleep well but it shouldn't be a difficult day.   This camp is a fairly easy one since it's robotics.  Lots of project type work rather than directed experiments.  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

I've never been to Gatlinburg.   

Coffee!

I went and didn't like it. I liked the grandfather clock store and the aquarium because I love aquariums, but everything else was dumb. Matt wants to take the kids and I just don't want to waste the money, time and energy when we could do something else.

• Like 5

Good morning.

The picnic yesterday was a bit of a bust for me. Baby dd didn't get a nap and was unpleasant. No one for dd12 to talk to and she wanted to leave. Her one friend (and her friend's mom who is my friend) wasn't there. It's a small church and we are the new people. The boys and dh had fun. It's easier for boys and guys to make friends. It is definitely hard with a tired toddler.

I'm going to try to school a bit today. We haven't in a month. I haven't been able to find dd's math book.

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Monday!!!

This is the last week in June, people! Make it count!

Hot!!!🔥🔥🔥🔥☀️☀️☀️☀️🔥🔥🔥☀️☀️☀️😩😩😩

It’s supposed to be 107#$@#🔥🔥🔥 degrees here today. And then cool down again. The forecast is 89 degrees on Independence Day. This summer has been a roller coaster with the weather. Of course. I am not really complaining. Better than 20 straight days of 100 +degree temps, which could still happen, by the way.

Don’t know what I will do today. Sinus infection is still hanging on, so I should probably continue to take it easy.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Given all of the issues we've had with MIL we've had a lot of discussions with the older two about toxic behavior, parental alienation, parentification, manipulation, etc. As a result we've learned a lot about things MIL has done behind our backs, none of which is surprising, but John just came to me with some concerns regarding a church member from our old church. I knew she was quizzing them on school content because she was anti-homeschooling, but she apparently used to ask them how much time they spent alone during the day, asked if I had people over during the day and asked them if she could check for bruises. We haven't seen this person in maybe 5 years, but sheesh that's scary.

She never did do anything inappropriate like check for bruises because I had a rule about no closed doors. 

• Sad 4

31 minutes ago, Slache said:

Given all of the issues we've had with MIL we've had a lot of discussions with the older two about toxic behavior, parental alienation, parentification, manipulation, etc. As a result we've learned a lot about things MIL has done behind our backs, none of which is surprising, but John just came to me with some concerns regarding a church member from our old church. I knew she was quizzing them on school content because she was anti-homeschooling, but she apparently used to ask them how much time they spent alone during the day, asked if I had people over during the day and asked them if she could check for bruises. We haven't seen this person in maybe 5 years, but sheesh that's scary.

She never did do anything inappropriate like check for bruises because I had a rule about no closed doors. 

Oh my word, Slashie. I can’t even….seriously? People over during the day?? Really?? I’m so sorry.  That lady isn’t just anti-homeschooling. She is on a witch hunt and has some serious boundary issues. Worse than that, actually.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Oh my word, Slashie. I can’t even….seriously? People over during the day?? Really?? I’m so sorry.  That lady isn’t just anti-homeschooling. She is on a witch hunt and has some serious boundary issues. Worse than that, actually.

Yeah. She wound up leaving the church over drama and we don't talk, but it was really upsetting hearing him tell me that. I guess good for him for seeing it. He had to have been under 7 at the time and thought nothing of it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Good morning!

How are you doing this morning, Jean?  

I am going to try to get a couple errands done today - a return and a couple other things.  A friend of the girls slept over, so I will probably need to wait until she goes home.  I got a couple misc. emails and payments done and need to take the Pup on his morning constitutional.

Coffee!

• Like 2