Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Burned the soup. Who does that??!

I have done that.  It's very discouraging!

Oh goodness, it's a Burned Soup Booyah!

Hope is brave, whether it's leaving a place to look for something better or staying and fighting to make things better.

Critter, 4th of July 2022

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

I want homemade cookies and cream ice cream.

I actually have to run out and get ice cream today.   I ran out to the science center at 8pm last night to load computer and robotics stuff into my car so I could move it upstairs this morning when there weren't many cars and it wouldn't be too hot in the car.   I made a comment to dh that maybe I would stop for ice cream (I would have needed to put on real pants, I was wearing pjs), and he pointed out that it was awfully late to pick up the ice cream since I'd be eating it at like 9:30pm.  And I needed to get up early this morning since I was meeting dd to workout.  Since he was right, I didn't stop for ice cream.  But he told younger dd that I was bringing home a treat.   But I didn't.  So now I need to get ice cream so she gets over the disappointment.   

I also have to buy the stuff for my liquid diet Thursday before my colonoscopy Friday.  

I ate sour cream & onion potato chips at 10pm since I didn't have ice cream.  

• Like 5

Older dd and I are going to dinner at Panera and then seeing Jurassic World tonight,   I have to remember I'm not supposed to have popcorn this close to my colonoscopy.   Doctor didn't say that, but I read every thread on here about prepping and that was a suggestion that came up a lot.  I'm also trying to follow the light(ish), low fiber suggestions.

• Like 4

I walked my mile. It was 90F at 8:30. I deserve an award, but got ice water instead, which was probably better for me.

Been sneezing, having congestion, no fever, no headaches. Still negative for COVID, so it's probably hypersensitivity seeing as how the air is basically dust at the moment. Ugh.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!! Yes, it does feel kinda weird. DH has today off, too. He’s taking the car in to the shop this morning. Hopefully they can get it fixed. We leave for Tahoe on Sunday.

I have a cut and color today. I also need to work on food for Tahoe. I think we’re going to just eat out once. They have a really really good pizza place up there, but otherwise, we weren’t thrilled with the options. Tahoe City is pretty small. We will have lasagna one night, enchiladas one night, spaghetti one night and some other thing I found on the Internet that I could bake and freeze another night. We are staying in a cabin,  but I don’t want to cook. I just want to throw something in the oven, open a bag of salad and cut up some fruit.

• Like 4

Just now, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!! Yes, it does feel kinda weird. DH has today off, too. He’s taking the car in to the shop this morning. Hopefully they can get it fixed. We leave for Tahoe on Sunday.

I have a cut and color today. I also need to work on food for Tahoe. I think we’re going to just eat out once. They have a really really good pizza place up there, but otherwise, we weren’t thrilled with the options. Tahoe City is pretty small. We will have lasagna one night, enchiladas one night, spaghetti one night and some other thing I found on the Internet that I could bake and freeze another night. We are staying in a cabin,  but I don’t want to cook. I just want to throw something in the oven, open a bag of salad and cut up some fruit.

That sounds like a plan. We have some cooking planned for today, too. I need to start things before it gets any hotter, because two of the things require the oven. Thankfully, not a super-hot oven.

• Like 3

I folded and put Mt. Laundry away and gave Emily the Chicken a block of ice to snuggle with and cleaned and refilled her waterers and gave the birds fresh water and food and got ds17 started on things to do and looked for the tyvek tent ground cloth from last summer.

Ds27 has the whole week off work and is spending time working on his computer which decided to shut down last week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

I'm down to my last few pages in my journal. New one has been ordered, but it's not here yet. Maybe today? That would be nice.

I make my own journals by covering composition books with that brown paper that comes in Amazon shipments. And then I decorate them with colored paper and fake jewels from the craft drawer. People have given me journals over the years, but for some reason I can’t bring myself to write in them. It’s like, what if I make a mistake? I know, it’s my journal, there are no mistakes, but….. I don’t know what it is. I just feel so much more comfortable with my homemade journals.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

I make my own journals by covering composition books with that brown paper that comes in Amazon shipments. And then I decorate them with colored paper and fake jewels from the craft drawer. People have given me journals over the years, but for some reason I can’t bring myself to write in them. It’s like, what if I make a mistake? I know, it’s my journal, there are no mistakes, but….. I don’t know what it is. I just feel so much more comfortable with my homemade journals.

I love buying journals.   And then not using them because I don't have something special enough to use the pretty journals for, so then I buy more that aren't as pretty so I'll use it.  

I have a lot of empty journals.   

And 5 million other notebooks of all different types and sizes.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I love a good bought journal. This one is unlined and a rather unusual size so that I can lay it flat and draw and write in it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I cleaned out the dishwasher today. I'm not sure it has been cleaned out ever. And it was DISGUSTING. I also don't think I'm quite done with all the disgusting yet. But it's less disgusting than it was. I've got to dig around in the bottom until I find the drain in this weird machine, and after that, I think I'll be done with the disgusting. 

It's hot. I gave the hot and tired birds some cold cantaloupe, then soaked their lemon balm plant where they like to wallow in the damp dirt. Ice blocks are freezing, but trying to rotate them out efficiently is hard. I watered the tomatoes to show solidarity with the hot birds, but I don't think they found it at all encouraging. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have one journal - a reading journal where I write down what I've read (mostly through the Challies challenge) and sometimes a comment or quote or two.  I start a new page for each month.  The journal has a nifty pencil holding loop.  I started it in 2021 and so far I have added at least one book to each month's page.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I propped up my raspberry twig with a tomato cage and sprayed it with neem oil spray because it had a lot of bird poop bugs on it.  I should probably give it some water - doesn't look like it will rain here for a good while, though I am hearing thunder rumbles.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I have one journal - a reading journal where I write down what I've read (mostly through the Challies challenge) and sometimes a comment or quote or two.  I start a new page for each month.  The journal has a nifty pencil holding loop.  I started it in 2021 and so far I have added at least one book to each month's page.

I've been thinking of starting a reading journal in one of the pretty notebooks I have.   I'm just not sure I'll stick with it enough to make it worth it.  I read a TON.  I've done challenges a few times and read over 200 books a year.  Now that I'm working a lot, I'd say I probably still read over 100, but a lot of them end up being light romances since those are easiest to pick up and put down as needed.  

• Like 4

Morning.  I skipped out on working out with dd this morning because I woke up with a headache.  I forgot to ask for no almonds on my salad last night and I'm mildly allergic.  I ended up picking up some benedryl while we were out to help but it still left me feeling yucky.  It's not a bad reaction, more like the same I get from hay fever, just slightly worse - sneezing, itchy eyes, runny nose.  

Tomorrow is my prep day.  Today I'm taking ds to get blood work.  He was supposed to get it back in 2020 but the lab couldn't find his script, then covid hit and the lab was doing all kinds of testing and I didn't want to bring him to sit there during all that.   And then the script was too old and we were waiting until they went back to the doctor, which he did a couple weeks ago.  

After his bloodwork, I need to go do some cleaning at the science center to get ready for next week.  I don't think I'm going to do anything tomorrow except laze on the couch.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

What's up?

🐔 (   )(   )

39 minutes ago, 73349 said:

*waves*

*waves back awkwardly*

7 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am trying to figure out what to wear to my great niece's wedding in a couple of weeks.  I absolutely hate trying on clothes.  But I won't go naked. 

I've recently learned that there is bunny agility and thought you should know. It's very cute.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slache said:

🐔 (   )(   )

*waves back awkwardly*

I've recently learned that there is bunny agility and thought you should know. It's very cute.

Yes, I've seen Youtubes.  My bunnies, however, have shown zero interest.  Boo!  Aria could potentially do it.  Rusty, however is partially paralyzed in his hind end now and couldn't. . . . 

• Like 4

Everything that normally happens during my week has not happened (except hula), and so I have no idea what day it is. Thank goodness Mr. Ellie will be home this evening and can tell me what I'm doing next.

That is all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1