Menu

Ignore this thread!

Dd13 is making a carrot cake birthday cake.  It smells so good in here!

Yay! It's a Birthday Cake Booyah!

ITT Fight Song

We are ITT    
a happy lucky posting family   
We are ITT   
Get up everybody and sing!

Jean, 10/2020

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

In my county, having children does not exempt you from jury duty.  When I lived in The Big City, I was able to get out of it, but when I moved here I had to do it.  Undercover drug sting.  So exciting.

That's such crap. Oregon was the same way but if I was called Matt's employer would have given him time off.

Yay, drugs are fun!

3 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

I had jury duty once and got called in, but the defense didn't like me, so I didn't get selected.

Way to be unlikeable! Keep up the good work.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I got pulled for jury duty a few weeks ago but got exempted because Little Man. I have extreme fear of courtrooms/houses after a long drawn out situation many years ago. I never want to be part of a jury.

Son 23, OTOH, thinks it would be so cool! I told him he should go to law school then. He's been recruited twice for jury duty in the past year pre-Idaho and showed up only to be told the parties had settled out of court. He was so bummed.

• Like 4

I was called for Jury Duty a couple times.  Once I was early pregnant and needed to eat on a regular schedule or I would puke, and got excused.  Another time I was excused for young children/breastfeeding and no childcare.  

I haven't been called since the kids were old enough to be home alone. 

• Like 4

Good morning!

The thought of July (and August) make my anxiety levels skyrocket.  So Imma pretend it's May.

Ds17 and dd15 left at 6:30 to do a 10 mile hike.  They were back in about 3 hours - so much quicker than the 10 mile hike we did at the state park a few weeks ago.  That took almost twice as long.  They said they ran about the last mile - little whippersnappers, lol.

Coffee!

• Like 6

Morning. The offspring are tending their gardens. It's hot. It's the first day of Camp NaNoWriMo, and I've got editing and reading planned.

Also ordered a new journal for me with more room for artwork in it, and an air horn for my kids because they got chased by a big dog yesterday on their bike ride and one of them wrecked trying to get away. The dog was unharmed. Also scared, because wrecked bikes are kind of scary. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Slache said:

I'm hungry and I want to make bad decisions.

I had 8 people for dinner instead of the expected 5, including a mostly homeless vegan who only ate a spoonful of broccoli. So you are welcome to come over and have spaghetti - there's lots left over.  Willy_Nilly.  Surprise vegan meals are not easy to throw together at the spur of the moment.

Due to the stress, I am tempted to scarf down the rest of the carrot cake.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

Morning, Happy Saturday.

Camp week 1 is done and mostly went very well.   Yesterday one of the kids got hand sanitizer in his eyes.   We have a sprayer to use as an eye wash so were able to rinse it really well but it was still very uncomfortable for a long time.   He sat with a very wet washcloth and saline rinses for a while.   Nobodies fault, except maybe a wacky push spout on hand sanitizer bottle, but I felt so bad for him.  He's a really sweet kid that I had in class last year, and is one of my favorite students.  

Today I'm taking it easy, working on paperwork and plans.  Tomorrow I'll go in and do cleanup.

My mother and oldest dd are coming for dinner tonight.   Dd and her boyfriend of a few years broke up but she doesn't seem upset.  He was military and has health and ptsd issues he's dealing with and sometimes breaks away for a little while.   

Looks like one of youngest dd's friends is going to get to come visit from Michigan in a couple weeks.    She's a little older (16, dd is turning 15 this month) and they've been online friends for a while.  Her dad is driving her down and then picking her up at the end of the week.  Looks like she's coming the week of our 4-H Fair, which is also dd's birthday, so that will be really nice for her.   Hopefully that will all work out.  

• Like 7

Good morning. Due to my COVID exposure on Wednesday, I'm not at work today. I'm still not sick. I'm holding out hope that between my mask, my glasses, and my robust (and sometimes hyperactive) immune system that I dodge this one. Two more days until I can test and then resume work like the usual masked marvel that I am.

Got a ton of cooking planned for tomorrow. Today is going to be planning and writing, I think.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I folded linens and put a load of laundry in.  Next up, fill birdfeeder.  Ready, set, GO!

See, I already did the bird feeders, and folding laundry left over from yesterday is next. 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

My little herb seeds are sprouting - thyme, oregano, basil, and chives.  I think the Santa Barbara Daisies (also called Mexican Fleabane) are also sprouting.  I have been just a little obsessed with them since going to England.  They were blooming everywhere - cracks in sidewalks and stone walls and in formal gardens.  And they seem very unique in that their flowers first bloom white but then turn pink and dark pink, so there's always a pretty variety of color.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

My little herb seeds are sprouting - thyme, oregano, basil, and chives.  I think the Santa Barbara Daisies (also called Mexican Fleabane) are also sprouting.  I have been just a little obsessed with them since going to England.  They were blooming everywhere - cracks in sidewalks and stone walls and in formal gardens.  And they seem very unique in that their flowers first bloom white but then turn pink and dark pink, so there's always a pretty variety of color.

I love Santa Barbara Daisies. My mom grows a lot Of it. Never heard it called Mexican Fleabane. What an awful name.

• Like 3

Oh my word.  We finally got an email notifying ds17 that his Eagle project has been approved.  Finally finally.  After weeks of waiting.  We had to cancel the program that they scheduled so we are hoping ds can get it rescheduled for some time in the next 2 weeks before he goes to Philmont.  After Philmont will be tough because he's getting his wisdom teeth out and then school starts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Morning. Happy Sunday.  

I slept in a little bit.  Once I wake up and finish my tea, I'm heading over to work to do some cleaning and organizing (the story of my life!).   My upstairs storage is a mess again from when I cleared out downstairs after classes ended.   I need to get that fixed before I can put the stuff from the past week of camp back up there.   

Our contractor friend is here helping dh do the last few cabinets in our kitchen.  The new over-the-stove cabinet had to be moved up so the microwave could be mounted underneath it.  Then one other upper cabinet has to be mounted.  We're still waiting on the base cabinet since one was broken and won't be in until August.   But, today's fixes should make it easier for us to get stuff put away and make our long breakfast bar more usable.  Right now with the microwave, toaster oven, toaster, coffee maker, and all kinds of other little stuff on the counters, they aren't as usable as they should be.  

• Like 5

Hi! Doing nothing here but cleaning, a little baking, some laundry, and more school agonizing...I mean planning. Yeah, planning.

Today is DD 14's birthday. She is no longer DD 13. We celebrated last night with her favorite dinner of beef stew, biscuits, and cherry upside down cake. Delicious. Excpet for the cake, we have leftovers for dinner tonight. Win!

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon!

My alarm was set for the wrong time, so instead of making breakfast for those going to service early, I fell back asleep.  Then drove the Two Youngest and half their troop to Boy Scout Camp in the Big Van.  They have been so excited for the longest time.  It's going to be a hot hot hot week of camping, but they all have their kazoos, so I'm sure they'll manage.

On the way home I stopped at Kroger to pick up some things for dinner tomorrow.

Coffee!

• Like 5

I did my cleanup in my storage space.  I still need to organize files and my desk but I have all summer to take care of that.  

All my camps are fully planned, so now it's time to work on classes for the fall.  I WILL have them all planned before we start up in September.  I WILL DO IT!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Dh fixed our washing machine.  Now it should work without having to switch hoses and turning the water on and off.   Still can't do laundry today because the dryer is pulled off and isn't hooked up so he can get to the water softener/filtration system and see if he can get that working.  

Things are coming along.  Maybe one of these days we'll have a functional house.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm reading old posts on colonoscopies on here.   I'm getting my first on Friday.  The preps are all so different.  I wasn't advised to change my eating or do anything different until the day before the test.  Others have said they were told to eat low fiber/low residue for 3-5 days before.   I was planning to eat light in the hopes the prep won't be as bad so I guess I'll try and do the low fiber too.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1