Menu

Ignore this thread!

27 minutes ago, Junie said:

I'm having visions of Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn.

Those adorable mud-covered turtles!

It’s a Turtle-y Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Critter, that is really the coolest idea I have ever heard of. I would love to send my DS out there to join them. How long would each of these trips tend to take them?? A couple of days?.

Hard to say. With the river, probably a few days. With the trails, maybe a week or more.

• Like 3

Junie! That wasn't the sea, that was the Bermuda triangle!

8 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

I have two kind of big things planned for the boys as part of their year. One is floating the length of their favorite river by themselves, camping along the way by themselves, etc. The other is hiking the length of one of their favorite mountain trails. So a lot of wilderness exploration in there. I think they'll like that.

Put together a rough idea of what I'd like them to work on academically. So I think this is happening!

I wanted to say travel. You're pretty central and could plan some road trips. I didn't because the economy and such, but travel was the best thing for me as a kid.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Slache said:

Junie! That wasn't the sea, that was the Bermuda triangle!

I wanted to say travel. You're pretty central and could plan some road trips. I didn't because the economy and such, but travel was the best thing for me as a kid.

Yeah, we could do some for sure!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am reading “The Remains of the Day.” I’d heard of the movie, but never saw it.  Picked up the book because I felt like it was something I should read. And I love the title. It’s not really my usual fare, but I am liking it. It’s about a world that is completely foreign to me…. the world of people who have butlers. Real butlers. 

• Like 3

I had a great day! Did the ironing. Saw 2 friends. Ran some errands. Came home and back to yard work. Apparently one of those people who doesn't learn their lesson. Wore short sleeves and shorts and flip-flops and got scratched worse. I got sap in my hair too. Just a little pruning grew to more and more. Solo uno mas! It looks much better but dh will have to dispose of 2 truckloads of sticks and branches and sticker bushes and weeds. So much stuff. I'm reclaiming land that the forest had reclaimed. I hope dh notices and likes it. He'll notice the piles but I hope he notices where they came from. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First evening of my 41st high school class reunion.  It was very nice to see a few classmates that I haven't seen in 41 years.  Others I see fairly often.  I told my dh that these people probably see my most unvarnished personality of anyone outside of him.  They know my history and lived parallel lives to mine in many respects. 

I am tired.  I have to get up and go go go in 8 hours.  I sure hope that I can regain some spoons by morning.  I am on the cusp of being too tired to sleep.  (It's a thing.) 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I am reading “The Remains of the Day.” I’d heard of the movie, but never saw it.  Picked up the book because I felt like it was something I should read. And I love the title. It’s not really my usual fare, but I am liking it. It’s about a world that is completely foreign to me…. the world of people who have butlers. Real butlers. 

I really liked the book.  Haven't seen the movie, I don't think.

• Like 2

Good morning!

Hope you've been able to collect some spoons for today, Jean!

Dd23 is coming up for the weekend and bringing her boyfriend along to take her younger sisters to a concert.

I found the Moroccan chicken recipe, though I have so much of last night's vegan dinner left over, I'm a little tempted to just have leftovers.  My kids are so tired of leftovers.

I have some cream baking in the oven (clotted cream) and plan to make some scone dough today.  My dishwasher is leaking again.  Sigh.  It may be time to invite Pup's favorite appliance repair guy over.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good morning! Unpleasant weather so no outdoor fun. More laundry, housecleaning, clean out car, paint baby crib, order curriculum, cook and bake because dh will be home.

@KrissiK I thought of you yesterday. I accidentally bought 2 boxes of crunchy Raisin bran instead of regular. I buy generic so the boxes were very similar. Have you tried Afrin? 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Spirea said:

Good morning! Unpleasant weather so no outdoor fun. More laundry, housecleaning, clean out car, paint baby crib, order curriculum, cook and bake because dh will be home.

@KrissiK I thought of you yesterday. I accidentally bought 2 boxes of crunchy Raisin bran instead of regular. I buy generic so the boxes were very similar. Have you tried Afrin? 

Afrin.... I love Afrin. But DH forbids me to take it, as did the tele-doc I talked to the other day. It's the only thing that helps me breathe. But I don't take it. I do push up on my cheekbones and that helps.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

We took a ferry, got ice cream and are now taking the ferry back. I got raspberry sorbet in a gf cone. Very yummy. 

Baby wants to make a melon sorbet. She found a recipe for it in a magazine she was perusing when the electricity went out.

• Like 3

Why do people that are over 500 pounds that get gastric bypass not also get liposuction? I just think that if they're ready to take their health to the next level it would be easier without so much excess weight, but it's not really a thing so there must be a reason.

I keep getting clips of My 600 Pound Life in my Facebook feed and it's so hard for these people that can't walk to lose weight I don't understand why they don't make it so that they can walk more than 5 feet but I have no idea what I'm talking about so I'm probably missing something.

• Like 1

DS is off to scout camp tomorrow for the first time (and only his second time at a sleep-away camp).

Footlocker is stocked, day pack is ready, food is in the cooler (They can't feed him safely, so he is bringing his 18 meals + snacks), he can unlock his combination lock on the first try... I think we've done what we can do. #WeArePrepared

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Afrin.... I love Afrin. But DH forbids me to take it, as did the tele-doc I talked to the other day. It's the only thing that helps me breathe. But I don't take it. I do push up on my cheekbones and that helps.

Ever tried this? Costco has also.

Too bad about Afrin. I just discovered it and I think it prevented two infections.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Why do people that are over 500 pounds that get gastric bypass not also get liposuction? I just think that if they're ready to take their health to the next level it would be easier without so much excess weight, but it's not really a thing so there must be a reason.

I keep getting clips of My 600 Pound Life in my Facebook feed and it's so hard for these people that can't walk to lose weight I don't understand why they don't make it so that they can walk more than 5 feet but I have no idea what I'm talking about so I'm probably missing something.

There's so much fat maybe they'd have too much trauma with liposuction. Maybe more infection risk? Have you seen liposuction surgeries? Looks gruesome.

Ok, googled:

"Liposuction is not an effective treatment for obesity. The procedure only removes subcutaneous fat—the outermost layer of fat under the skin. With obesity, the main concern is visceral fat—the fat that surrounds your internal organs and causes health problems"

"The maximum amount of fat that can safely be removed with liposuction is between six to eight pounds (three to four liters). An increase in the volume of fat removal heightens the risks of complications.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spirea said:

Ever tried this? Costco has also.

Too bad about Afrin. I just discovered it and I think it prevented two infections.

. Afrin will do the rebound effect if you take it longer than three days. I used to do the sinus rinse and didn’t really get a whole lot of relief. I just need to stay on top of it with Flonase. The doctor said I need to do that on a regular basis.

• Like 2

Just now, KrissiK said:

. Afrin will do the rebound effect if you take it longer than three days. I used to do the sinus rinse and didn’t really get a whole lot of relief. I just need to stay on top of it with Flonase. The doctor said I need to do that on a regular basis.

Yes, I was very careful and only used afrin for 2 days. I start flonase when any child gets a cold so it will be working for me if I am ill. I was prescribed a nasal spray by and ENT once that worked well, but it was expensive and I don't remember what it was.

• Like 2