Menu

Ignore this thread!

47 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

It’s currently 62*

#ducksbehindgothicchapel

I’m on my way, Susan. Wait for me at the King’s Legs.

Seriously?? I got a Booya/h for that? I want a refund.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Green Bean said:

Morning! IKEA returns and hopefully buying a new bed. Thankfully, we kept out old mattress while testing out the Casper! But we did throw out the old broken frame so need a new bed.

What mattress do you like for back pain? Firm? Medium, or plush? Brand matter?

Going to be roasting here today, too, and probably until October.

Nectar.

• Like 3

Happy Thursday Afternoon.

Another long, hot day but the landlord did send an AC contractor out to check things out.  Another is supposed to come Monday.   So maybe they will actually fix this is a normal amount of time.   I'm not sure if they are still thinking we are going to pay for it or not, but our lease seems pretty clear.  We are going to do a consultation with an attorney just to double-check that and maybe send a letter, and to let us know our options for breaking the lease over things not being taken care of/fuzziness over our renewal.  

Dd stopped by today to do laundry and have me chop some of her hair off.  It was getting really long, she could probably sit on it, and she hasn't had time to go get it cut.  Her hair is bone straight and fine but she has a lot of it, so very different than my very wavy, course, ton of hair.    I think I did a great job, now she's cutting herself some long bangs.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Happy Thursday Afternoon.

Another long, hot day but the landlord did send an AC contractor out to check things out.  Another is supposed to come Monday.   So maybe they will actually fix this is a normal amount of time.   I'm not sure if they are still thinking we are going to pay for it or not, but our lease seems pretty clear.  We are going to do a consultation with an attorney just to double-check that and maybe send a letter, and to let us know our options for breaking the lease over things not being taken care of/fuzziness over our renewal.  

Dd stopped by today to do laundry and have me chop some of her hair off.  It was getting really long, she could probably sit on it, and she hasn't had time to go get it cut.  Her hair is bone straight and fine but she has a lot of it, so very different than my very wavy, course, ton of hair.    I think I did a great job, now she's cutting herself some long bangs.  

When we were first married, I would have DH cut mine. He did a fine job, but as soon as we had a better paying job, he refused to anymore.

SUSAN! Greggs!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Green Bean said:

This is what DH wants, too.

Base version or upgraded?

There was only one version when we bought it which is probably the current base version. If you call they will tell you where you can go try them out.

• Like 2

Ugh.  I have lost my blank checks.  And things are such a mess of boxes from remodeling that despite looking all over I can't find them.  I think that I will have to go to the bank and order new ones despite knowing that I shouldn't have to.  I need Mary Poppins to come here and declutter/straighten things up.  Susan - if you see her in Merry Olde England will you send her my way? 

• Like 4

Dh and I drove a cabinet up to dd's apartment and close by is an ice cream place that has the best ice cream ever.  It's homemade and it's called double dark chocolate fudge crunch.  Dark chocolate ice cream, fudge sauce, and ice cream cake crunchies.   Yummy.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday!!!

Busy day. Too much driving, and with these gas prices…. Svengo. I have to go to the Big City to the North for an end-of-the-year meeting with my supervisor, taking all the girls because mid-afternoon I will then leave oldest DD there for a sleep-over birthday party for one of her besties. Then, I will drive to Big City in the South to pick up DS. He was whitewater rafting this week with some church group and they are coming home this afternoon.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I'll second this!

Remember when you said ITT was confusing because we had our own language? You're a part of that now.

*baptizes Servie in brine*

10 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

I don’t ever ever want to drive in England.

Coffee!

I've heard that!

Tea. You want tea.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I ordered guinea pig fleece cage liners for the rabbits.  I think that this will be a good change. 

Why? Because since this rabbit apparently isn't going anywhere anytime soon, I want to know all the things.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Renai said:

Why? Because since this rabbit apparently isn't going anywhere anytime soon, I want to know all the things.

Because I can shake them outside (to get off the hay and bunny pellets) but then toss them in the wash (for pee).  It's just less waste.  And I'm hoping less money over time.  I had thought that the bunnies would eat them but I've experimented with using one this week and had no issue and people online say that they are safe for rabbits 

• Like 6

It’s almost 8pm here.  I have gone into some Very Old Towers.  There was an organ lesson going on in St. Mary’s cathedral - how cool to get to be a fly on the wall there!  

Very Sad News: The Eagle and Child (favorite pub of The Inklings) has closed.  Good News: someone has bought it and is working on licensing to reopen.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Ugh.  I have lost my blank checks.  And things are such a mess of boxes from remodeling that despite looking all over I can't find them.  I think that I will have to go to the bank and order new ones despite knowing that I shouldn't have to.  I need Mary Poppins to come here and declutter/straighten things up.  Susan - if you see her in Merry Olde England will you send her my way? 

Susan is ignoring my plea to send Mary Poppins my way. . . .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I finished putting all my books back on shelves/in cubes/etc.   I have a bunch set aside to donate when we go to the used bookstore in August but my favorites are all arranged.  

EdPo:  I love to read.  LOVE LOVE LOVE to read.  I always have a book going, read over 100 books a year easily.  

My kids don't like to read.   They do read some stuff.  Mainly fanfic.  Ds is now in college so out of my hands (mostly).  Dd is in 9th/10th grade.   She claims to have trouble reading novels because she has trouble concentrating.  She has adhd and is on medication so that should be helping but we haven't really had stable school time in a while to really know for sure.  I'm really hoping the many many MANY high school appropriate novels I'm holding on to are read at some point. 

• Like 3

Doing Things today. I took the older boys to see Jurassic World a bit ago. Less dinosaurs eating people in this one. I think it is a fine wrap up to the series.

Top Gun: Maverick is better.

DH is off getting a COVID super test because a lady in his close working group tested positive today. He said she sounded rough Wednesday. His whole group has to show negative tests now which is an annoyance as they are in the work with the customer phase. If they have to shut down for quarantine, that’s money and delivery delays. DH has had the vax and booster so we doubt highly he has it. So do we all here at home need to test? No one is sick.

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 2

I could fanfic as reading. It's also an amazing way to break out of a writing or reading slump for many, many, many pro-writers.

My kids like to read, but it's always on their terms. One of them is a fiction and non-fiction reader. The other prefers non-fiction. 

Just got back from finishing up with helping my art teacher move house. She leaves tomorrow. Tears were shed. 

Tomorrow, my guys go take their ACT, and I may go pick blueberries after I drop them off for the testing. Technically, they could drive themselves, but I opted to drive them so they won't have to concentrate on too many things at once. Did I tell you they both passed their driver's test so I now have two more drivers at the house?

I still have hair, too. I'm astonished.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Junie said:

Mom! Krissi's using big words!

I’m not sure if I used proprioception correctly. It means knowing where your body is in space. He is good at that with the car.  He can back my dad’s big ol’ Chevy pick-up into the garage with only inches on either side. I can hardly back up in an empty parking lot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Today, I went downtown and parallel parked for the first time in probably more than 10 yrs. I hit the curb a couple times and had to start over (there was no traffic) but didn't hit the cars. All this with 2 bickering boys in the back. I was impressed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I’m not sure if I used proprioception correctly. It means knowing where your body is in space. He is good at that with the car.  He can back my dad’s big ol’ Chevy pick-up into the garage with only inches on either side. I can hardly back up in an empty parking lot.

I can back up in an empty parking lot; it just won't be straight, and a great idea that the parking lot is empty.

• Like 3