Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

This is just me talking, but I think the minimum is a high school diploma. I am also insistent on some sort of post high school training. No, college is not for everyone, but everyone, including women who want to be SAHM, needs to have a way to support themselves. Life has a way of not turning out how you planned it when you were 18.

This is how we approach it with "writer" dd17.  I think she has a college in mind that she would like to attend if she's accepted, and we think it would be a good fit for her.

A Maybe College Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends
Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps
But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in
That what seems a little nuts might actually save me
From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends...

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I want brownies and ice cream.  We don't have either or the stuff to make either.  Plus I really don't need either.

We're having pulled pork and mashed potatoes and some green vegetable for dinner.  Then tomorrow night we can have pulled pork bbq as leftovers since I have 4-H.  

I have a high schooler now.  We're just continuing on with what we've been doing except he's doing Algebra 2 and Geometry this year.  I'm pretty sure he'll do CC first or go directly to an online school like Thomas Edison.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

I want to go hiking.  But I know ds12 will be the only other one excited about it.  

We just got back from the river. Maybe we'll go hiking with you when we get there. 😄 

9 hours ago, Slache said:

I have a new plan, too. I just recently found out that ice cream has no calories for pregnant women (how did I my know this!?) so I'm going to live on ice cream and the baby is going to eat all of my fat.

Thanks Renai!

No problem.

6 hours ago, Spudater said:

Getting some kind of certification at a CC is what I’ve been gently proposing as a good default plan. We could actually afford that, and I think it sounds more financially secure than just getting a minimum wage job or going to a university and taking on debt while not knowing how you would pay it off.

That was the plan with Dancer. We did not follow a traditional college path, but will get her into college if she needs it. The plan was a minimum of a certificate, and if she wanted to continue, get a terminal Associates degree. They just passed a law for free dual enrollment for high school students, so that's the path we took. If she had continued with an Associates, she only needed business math for the degree(s) she wanted.

5 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Thanks. DH may veto me on this one. He's concerned there may be some of the nonresistance and Mennonite bias in them. I told him I don't think it's in the earlier years, but I also understand his wariness after our recent experiences with some of the CLE reading and social studies as early as third grade. If it sticks to Bible stories and vocab, that would be awesome. If there's something else out there that's similar from another Christian publisher, I'm all ears.

It's just Bible.

5 hours ago, KrissiK said:

This is just me talking, but I think the minimum is a high school diploma. I am also insistent on some sort of post high school training. No, college is not for everyone, but everyone, including women who want to be SAHM, needs to have a way to support themselves. Life has a way of not turning out how you planned it when you were 18.

Exactly. One needs a skill.

3 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

I want brownies and ice cream.  We don't have either or the stuff to make either.  Plus I really don't need either.

We're having pulled pork and mashed potatoes and some green vegetable for dinner.  Then tomorrow night we can have pulled pork bbq as leftovers since I have 4-H.  

I have a high schooler now.  We're just continuing on with what we've been doing except he's doing Algebra 2 and Geometry this year.  I'm pretty sure he'll do CC first or go directly to an online school like Thomas Edison.

Thomas Edison State College? 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

My daffoldils are coming up!  And I saw the teeniest little pinkish-red peony bud peeking out of the dirt.  We sure could use some flowers around here.

Coffee!

So early!  I hope they don't freeze their pretty little heads off.  

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Monday!!!!!😩

I definitely have a sinus infection.😞

I slept horribly. Can’t breathe, Sudafed always makes me have bad dreams, work has me stressed out.

Our daffodils are quite up and will likely bloom soon. Spring comes early around here. Almond trees bloom by Valentine’s Day.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Morning. Last day of editing, I think. At least for a while. I have two chapters to proofread this morning, a blog post to write, then I need to go over the first 50 pages and make sure those are as good as I can make them. After that, I have synopses to check for clarity and continuity with this draft, and then sent the whole thing off. 

Other than that, the boys are starting a new Henle this morning--we finally finished the first one. I say we--I didn't get to finish due to having to write full-time for a while. But I have my study guide now, and plan to start working on it again. I think I can get through it without too much trouble, other than dealing with the small print.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

So early!  I hope they don't freeze their pretty little heads off.  

Yes!

My tulip showing was pretty miserable last year.  Maybe they'll do better this spring.  Oh, and I have THREE flower buds on my indoor orchid that I got for Mother's Day 2 or 3 years ago and has just sat on my kitchen window sill doing nothing since then.

• Like 3

DS did not gain enough weight this year. Blood tests are in processing, but AFAIK I need to go back to How Can We Get More Calories Shopping. Dude hates avocados, can't eat raw nuts with the braces on, and informed me the other day that he's tired of lunch meat. *sigh*

I saw someone on FB suggested making cocoa with heavy cream, which he is willing to try. Wish us luck.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I don't think that's what happened, did it?  Never heard of it.  Have a link?

I don't know, that's what it looked like. All of the melty ones were marked and the oil drilling was everywhere, but the drilling amongst the turbines was funny.

No link, I just saw it. In or around Midland.

1 hour ago, whitehawk said:

DS did not gain enough weight this year. Blood tests are in processing, but AFAIK I need to go back to How Can We Get More Calories Shopping. Dude hates avocados, can't eat raw nuts with the braces on, and informed me the other day that he's tired of lunch meat. *sigh*

I saw someone on FB suggested making cocoa with heavy cream, which he is willing to try. Wish us luck.

What about cashews?  They might be soft enough for braces.  At least ds seems to think so. 😬😆

• Like 1

We just watched Mary Poppins (dd9, dd11, and dd13 for the first time) and there's a lot of singing and dancing going on while people are getting ready for bed.

Just a spoonful of sugar...

Close your eyes; don't go to sleep.

We might watch Mary Poppins Returns tomorrow night.  Dd15 has been waiting a while to see this, but we decided that we needed to wait until everyone had seen the original first.

• Like 3

I cooked and prepped all the things today.  Quiche.  Homemade tomato soup.  Chili.  Taco meat.  Three trays of mini-meatballs for 6 batches of future Italian wedding soup.  A whole jar of homemade taco seasoning.  Six bags of shredded cheese (which used to be blocks, but I shred them myself).   Ironically, knowing that Dh was bringing home take-out pizza inspired me to cook up a storm. 

Oh, and I laundered sheets and towels!  I'd forgotten that.  My feet hurt.  Someone remind me tomorrow to bag up the frozen meatballs before they get frostbite.   

'Nighty-night, everyone!  Tomorrow I get up early, because I'm way behind on Bible study homework for the week.    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4