Menu

Ignore this thread!

::EdPo::

12 Brownies - 2 Brownies Eaten Tonight With Ice Cream = 10 Brownies

10 Brownies - 1 Slightly Mushy Undercooked Brownie in the Corner of the Pan That Would Be Unfair to Give to Anyone = 9 Brownies

9 Brownies 5 Ducklings = 1 Brownie Per Duckling for Dessert Tomorrow Night.

With a remainder of 4 Brownies.

Plus 1 Slightly Mushy Undercooked Brownie in the Corner of the Pan.

And More Ice Cream Hidden in the Garage Freezer.  :ph34r:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I have 100 pounds to lose. Bite me.

Apparently MIL know's SIL's baby's gender but B/SIL don't. MIL is throwing a gender reveal party where the parents find out. I don't know how they worked it out but I think that's cool.

With ds2 we had the midwife write the gender on a slip of paper and put it in an envelope without showing us. We opened it at Thanksgiving dinner with dh's family.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

I cleaned out my school supply drawers, made a bunch of stuff for Nursery, and now I need to deep think with my IEW book. Do we try it or not? I don’t know why I buy things so much.

Oh and I’m fighting destroying The Girl’s BJU English book. I know I shouldn’t, but I want to! I did stop the horrible history.

”Cute” is never a word I would use for any snake. Glad they are not at my house.

I'm an official nursery person now after being in there unofficially for a long time. Funny thing is I just got ds2 weaned off of needing me in there with him and now I'm back.

Which is fine, I like nursery and one hour is way easier than the two hours we used to have. We've got a small nursery right now since the three years olds all moved up at the beginning of the new year.

• Like 2

I paid bills. Now I am full of woe.

5 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Slachie, you stopped at 3? I thought this one will be number 4. Is my calculator malfunctioning?

Yes, it's number 4. A general rule of thumb is if I'm being a brat (telling Junie she has too many kids) that I'm being sarcastic. I wanted 12 but my body can't take it. ITT knows that or I wouldn't have said something so snotty to Junie. I very much despise the whole "you have too many kids" thing. It's actually funny how different it is down here from Oregon on that front. In Oregon people were appalled we had three, in Texas people keep asking when we're having another.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

I paid bills. Now I am full of woe.

Yes, it's number 4. A general rule of thumb is if I'm being a brat (telling Junie she has too many kids) that I'm being sarcastic. I wanted 12 but my body can't take it. ITT knows that or I wouldn't have said something so snotty to Junie. I very much despise the whole "you have too many kids" thing. It's actually funny how different it is down here from Oregon on that front. In Oregon people were appalled we had three, in Texas people keep asking when we're having another.

Yeah California was like Oregon. Random strangers thought they were free to tell me I shouldn't be having more kids when I was pregnant with my third.

I'm third of ten kids so seven actually feels like a smallish family to me. Dh has a sister with twelve.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, maize said:

Yeah California was like Oregon. Random strangers thought they were free to tell me I shouldn't be having more kids when I was pregnant with my third.

I'm third of ten kids so seven actually feels like a smallish family to me. Dh has a sister with twelve.

YOU'VE BEEN PREGNANT SEVEN TIMES!?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, maize said:

And given birth seven times. 

I'm not sure how I survived either.

How did men get off so easy in this reproduction gig?

"Their eyebrows grow together. That's their lot in life." -Dorothy Zbornak

Edited by Slache
  • Haha 5

Good Morning!!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Sunday!!!

Church!

Sportsball!!! 

we have. a Mexico meeting this afternoon and I have a parent meeting in a smallish City to the Southwest. Usually I don’t plan parent meetings on Sunday, but this family is traveling, and we are meeting halfway between them and me, so I just agreed to whatever was convenient  for them. We are meeting at Starbucks, which is right next to Costco, and since I need to do a Costco run anyways, it’s all good.

• Like 5

I blame being 51 years old and being on hormone replacement therapy for the weight. My eating and exercise habits do not promote weight loss, but I am working at being more healthy, cutting out sugar, exercising every day, drinking a lot of water and I’ve gained 12 lbs. since last May. I went on HRT in May after an absolute ranger of a UTI that came on overnight and had me laid up and in pain for two days until the antibiotics kicked in. Overall, the HRT has been great - no UTIs,no hot flashes and much more comfortable teA.  So, now I don’t know what to do. Honestly, I need to lose the 25, but if I had to stay at this weight, I could deal. It’s just scary looking at that scale creep up, despite my best efforts to at least stay where I am.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I blame being 51 years old and being on hormone replacement therapy for the weight. My eating and exercise habits do not promote weight loss, but I am working at being more healthy, cutting out sugar, exercising every day, drinking a lot of water and I’ve gained 12 lbs. since last May. I went on HRT in May after an absolute ranger of a UTI that came on overnight and had me laid up and in pain for two days until the antibiotics kicked in. Overall, the HRT has been great - no UTIs,no hot flashes and much more comfortable teA.  So, now I don’t know what to do. Honestly, I need to lose the 25, but if I had to stay at this weight, I could deal. It’s just scary looking at that scale creep up, despite my best efforts to at least stay where I am.

Hrt?

I need to lose about 25-ish pounds to be in overweight rather than obese range.   Then another 30 to be "normal" weight.   That's if I'm right and the 10 pounds I put on over the holidays is truly gone.   I haven't checked again.   I'm exercising, yoga/tai chi, watching fat and calories, going for whole grain and healthy carbs.  I'm more worried about my cholesterol and LDL which were on the high side with my last blood tests.   I was also super close to being hypothyroid, which I know isn't going to make anything easier.   And I'm 50 years old.  

Although I guess not quite menopause yet since I seem to have my period despite having had an ablation a few years ago.  Looks like mine is getting to the point of not working anymore.  So far it's just an occasional day here or there and I'm kind of hoping that's how it stays.  

• Like 4

Good Morning!

Happy Sunday!

I'm watching church from home this morning. 😞  I didn't sleep well -- less than 3 hours -- and I'm in quite a bit of pain.  My left foot is pretty bad and I'm having a hard time walking.  Walking around church would have been difficult and standing for choir would have been nearly impossible.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

10 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

I gave everyone reactions so you all feel loved and validated.

Slache- I hate the name Amy any way you spell it. It’s your baby, though. Emily is pretty and goes with your theme of simple names.

Captain dropped my steel insulated water bottle on his toe. Thankfully it was empty. He won’t put pants or shoes on now.

I threw out The Girl’s BJU English book. It was pointless.

There's an Amy on ITT. :laugh:

BOOYA!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

We weren't expecting Youngest or this new baby but who am I to question God's blessings or HIS timing? 

I am really struggling with this. My health has taken some unforeseen and major downfalls the last few years. I have no idea what this baby is going to do to me. I know I'm being selfish, but I have yet to get excited about this situation. The kids are going to be so excited when we finally tell them. I'm happy for them, but I'm afraid of what will happen to me by the time I get this thing out of me. I'm definitely showing a lack of faith.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

(((Slache)))  I understand your fears.  I've been there.  I wasn't excited about all of my pregnancies either.  And I wouldn't be excited about one now.

Dh and I decided before we got married that we would let God decide how many children and when.  We have never used birth control.

If it had been up to me, I would have waited to have children.  If I had kept teaching for one more year, my student loans would have been paid off.  As it happened, it took 15+ years to finally pay them off.  But, we wouldn't have had the blessing of ds19.

I probably would have stopped after dd13.  I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis shortly after her birth and life was difficult.

God decided to give us dd11.  Her middle name is Faith as a reminder that God is in control and that if He gave me this child He would give me the resources to take care of her.

Then I really would have stopped after dd11 was diagnosed with a genetic birth defect that I also have.  I knew that if I had any more children I would have a 50/50 chance of passing the defect.  God decided to give us dd9 (who also has the genetic defect).

If I hadn't decided to stop before, I would certainly have decided to stop after dd9's birth.  Six children under age 10, two with genetic defects.

And apparently, God decided that six children is enough for me.  At least for now...

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Junie said:

(((Slache)))  I understand your fears.  I've been there.  I wasn't excited about all of my pregnancies either.  And I wouldn't be excited about one now.

Dh and I decided before we got married that we would let God decide how many children and when.  We have never used birth control.

If it had been up to me, I would have waited to have children.  If I had kept teaching for one more year, my student loans would have been paid off.  As it happened, it took 15+ years to finally pay them off.  But, we wouldn't have had the blessing of ds19.

I probably would have stopped after dd13.  I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis shortly after her birth and life was difficult.

God decided to give us dd11.  Her middle name is Faith as a reminder that God is in control and that if He gave me this child He would give me the resources to take care of her.

Then I really would have stopped after dd11 was diagnosed with a genetic birth defect that I also have.  I knew that if I had any more children I would have a 50/50 chance of passing the defect.  God decided to give us dd9 (who also has the genetic defect).

If I hadn't decided to stop before, I would certainly have decided to stop after dd9's birth.  Six children under age 10, two with genetic defects.

And apparently, God decided that six children is enough for me.  At least for now...

We're talking Emily Grace as a marker of our year of constant grace.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

(((Slachie))) I'm so sorry. I don't know all of your health troubles, but I do understand it taking time to get excited. Being on the older side for having babies coupled with my own health concerns and past delivery complications made it hard for me to jump for joy initially this time, but I truly believe it was just my own fears and insecurities plaguing me. God will see me through this and He'll see you through it, too. I'm struggling more with how to physically keep up with them all and somehow find balance. I feel bad complaining about how hard it is to keep up with a high energy 1yr old while homeschooling a 9yr old who's going through the "I don't wanna do school" stage when there are moms here with way more children than me somehow doing just fine.

I swear the more you have the easier it is. I don't know why. I know that's not logical. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning/afternoon!

We went to early service and then I got groceries at Aldi. Came home, got most of it put away and then brought ds15 to orchestra rehearsal in the Big City. It’s cold outside, but the sun is keeping the van warm. I’m working on an embroidered kitchen towel thank you gift.

Sportsball - go Titans!

Coffee!

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I agree, labor-wise. Keeping up with them all energy-wise after this one gets here is what has me the most concerned. Just taking a trip upstairs and back is exhausting, these days. I'm hoping that getting my thyroid issue addressed soon will help, though.

Oh, honey. You have no idea how getting your thyroid fixed is going to change your life. You don't even know how tired you are. But, to set your mind at ease, it is easier energy-wise as well. They wear each other out! They talk to EACHOTHER! It's amazing.

24 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

That's a beautiful name, Slachie!

Thanks!

5 hours ago, KrissiK said:

(((Krissi)))

Oddly, I didn't lose all my baby#5 weight gain until about 3 years later, when I was finally cleared to start HRT.  I always credited the HRT for that. But about the time I started HRT, I also acknowledged the fact that in spite of all my lofty goals, I pretty much get ZERO exercise, so I recalculated my fitness pal calorie-counter to reflect that fact.  After plugging into my profile the fact that I only move slightly more each day than the typical corpse, my acceptable calorie consumption was lowered, so maybe that really was what helped me, not the HRT. Who knows.  That said, it's definitely much more difficult to maintain healthy weight now that I'm in menopause, in spite of all my low-calorie healthy eating habits.*

*(Ummm...Pretend I never posted about those brownies last night...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

(((Slachie))) I'm so sorry. I don't know all of your health troubles, but I do understand it taking time to get excited. Being on the older side for having babies coupled with my own health concerns and past delivery complications made it hard for me to jump for joy initially this time, but I truly believe it was just my own fears and insecurities plaguing me. God will see me through this and He'll see you through it, too. I'm struggling more with how to physically keep up with them all and somehow find balance. I feel bad complaining about how hard it is to keep up with a high energy 1yr old while homeschooling a 9yr old who's going through the "I don't wanna do school" stage when there are moms here with way more children than me somehow doing just fine.

No need to feel bad... it can look like others have it all together, but I've never met any mom IRL who said it was easy or that they were doing just fine, no matter how many kids they had or how great it all looked from the outside.  It's all just different kinds of circumstances and so different kinds of hard. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Go Sportsball!!! I am really struggling here because I want both KC and SF to win today, but I don’t want them to play each other in the Super Bowl because after the Raiders, they are my favorite teams. 

#thestruggleisreal

I have a very simple solution for you.  Go Pack Go!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I'm not sure if they can actually do anything for hyperthyroid, but I'll find out at my upcoming appointment.

Do you find out or wait and let it be a surprise? I find out and then give DH a choice of knowing or waiting. I like the idea of a surprise but have an overwhelming need to plan and prepare.

Your numbers are hypo. You need Synthroid or the equivalent. Anyone feel free to correct me.

We said that once we had one boy and one girl that we wouldn't find out because we already have everything that we need, but John had to know and now all three are going to want to know so we'll find out.

They've been praying for twins. I could go for that. Not two girls though. 3 female teenagers at one time is not on my todo list.

• Haha 2