Menu

Ignore this thread!

43 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Do you find out or wait and let it be a surprise? I find out and then give DH a choice of knowing or waiting. I like the idea of a surprise but have an overwhelming need to plan and prepare.

We chose the surprise route for our first five but found out with the last two. I think with dd4 my reasoning was that I had just had two boys in a row and ds7 in particular was extremely intensive to parent so I thought if I was having another boy I would need a few months to prepare myself for that fact. Also dd12 desperately wanted a little sister and I figured if it turned out to be a boy she would also be better off with time to adjust to the idea before the baby was born.

With ds2 they were worried about markers for genetic defects and did genetic testing (using my blood) early on so the sex was on that report before an ultrasound even would have revealed it. It just felt weird to me that the midwife knew and I didn't so I chose to find out. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Slache, since you've stopped posting about boy names, can I assume you've decided on Duane Scott once I reminded you of it?

Yes.

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

What should we have for dinner?  People are getting hungry.  I might send dh out for McDonalds burgers.

Yes.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

(((Slache)))

(((Servant)))

I *prayed* to be pregnant with Cheeto, and it still took me awhile to be excited about him. It's okay to feel ambivalent, especially when you're also feeling sick and tired. That's not necessarily selfish or a lack of faith. There will be time to work through your feelings and get to the contented part. There's a reason God made pregnancy so long.

Slache, since you've stopped posting about boy names, can I assume you've decided on Duane Scott once I reminded you of it? 🤣Someone should really use it. Emily Grace is lovely.

Servie, are you and DH sharing possible name choices, or keeping them to yourselves for now?

What should I do for an otherwise delightful 6yo who has suddenly developed a habit of spitting, including at other people?

Put a bowl of m&m's in a cupboard for him and tell him he can help himself to one every time he feels an urge to spit but doesn't.

(Something like this helped with a behavioral issue for one of my kids; obviously it won't work if he's the type who will just gobble the entire bowl in one day.)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We found out early with all 6 of ours.  It was always a surprise - just a few months earlier than birth.  I was wrong in my guesses for the first three, so I stopped trying to figure it out.

22 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I was wrong with our first two.  DD of course was a surprise.  I "knew" with ds12.  The only one we found out during pregnancy was ds12.  And we didn't want to.  But we had gotten rid of all things baby three times and only wanted to buy things that would be just right for whatever it was going to be.

1 minute ago, Paradox5 said:

I always found out. I don’t have enough patience to be surprised. I was wrong before the ultrasound with all but 2. I knew Son 1 was a boy and The Girl was a girl.

We always just placed an order and we got what we asked for.🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Slache said:

Your numbers are hypo. You need Synthroid or the equivalent. Anyone feel free to correct me.

We said that once we had one boy and one girl that we wouldn't find out because we already have everything that we need, but John had to know and now all three are going to want to know so we'll find out.

They've been praying for twins. I could go for that. Not two girls though. 3 female teenagers at one time is not on my todo list.

I've had 3 female teenagers since last summer.  It's not so bad.

And dd11 is almost dd12, so in 2021 I'll have 4 teenage girls -- the girls will be 11, 13, 15, 17, and 19.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Had anyone's kid played in a flag football league?

Did they enjoy it?

I'm clueless about football because, well, I didn't grow up in this country. I'm considering signing a couple of my kids up for the spring so they won't be as clueless as I am. And of course hoping they will have fun.

5 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

All I have so far is whatever the results are from my recent pregnancy labwork so I don't think my T3 was tested. I think that's one of the numbers my thyroid Dr will check. My T4 is elevated but I can't remember the actual number and my TSH is less than 0.01 right now. I'm praying I finally get some answers and a game plan other than just, "let's watch and see." I went through all this once before and the end result was no answers and no treatment plan.

Tell him we want TSH, Free T3 and Free T4. We want them free and we don't want arguments.

• Haha 3

I have over reacted.  I have no more reactions left.  Pretend I liked all the funny, clever things you said.

We are home from a swimmeet.  I need another weekend day.  Unfortunately, tomorrow won't help.  Two have consultations for wisdom teeth removal.  Additionally, music lessons, swim and basketball are still on.  So no 3 day weekend for us.  Willy - Nilly.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, maize said:

Had anyone's kid played in a flag football league?

Did they enjoy it?

I'm clueless about football because, well, I didn't grow up in this country. I'm considering signing a couple of my kids up for the spring so they won't be as clueless as I am. And of course hoping they will have fun.

Ds19 played flag football for one season.  He enjoyed it, but preferred baseball (his true sports love).  He would have continued playing it if transportation hither and yon between two sports hadn't been such a nightmare.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Excellent idea. I love McDonalds.

Cheeseburgers, fries, and a pack of chicken nuggets to share. A Very Special Dinner!  (I had 2 eggs with cheese in a whole wheat wrap and a cup of popcorn. Also yummy!)

2 hours ago, Junie said:

I've had 3 female teenagers since last summer.  It's not so bad.

And dd11 is almost dd12, so in 2021 I'll have 4 teenage girls -- the girls will be 11, 13, 15, 17, and 19.  

Svengo!  We will pray for you!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have that feeling that I get right before my immune system packs it in. (As in fails and I get deathly ill. I am not getting a cold or something like that.). Hopefully my immune system drugs will continue to do what they are supposed to do. I haven’t been in the ER since starting them so they do have a pretty good track record.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have that feeling that I get right before my immune system packs it in. (As in fails and I get deathly ill. I am not getting a cold or something like that.). Hopefully my immune system drugs will continue to do what they are supposed to do. I haven’t been in the ER since starting them so they do have a pretty good track record.

((Jeannie))

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Slache said:

Question. When I'm pregnant my LES goes on vacation which basically leaves my stomach open like a cup. If my mouth is lower than my stomach all of the contents just pour out like a spilt cup. Is there a solution to this?

#sleepingsittingupsucks

Raise the head of your bed? 

• Like 2

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

Maybe school.

I'm still not walking very well, but I did make it to church last night.  I was limping heavily, leaning against walls, and generally trying not to take very many steps.  Several people asked if I was ok.  "No, not really."  When my health is poor and someone asks, I tend to sugarcoat, but still tell the truth.  Especially in church.  I mean, do people expect me to lie in church and say that I'm doing well?  Probably not, but they always seem so surprised when I tell the truth.

• Like 6

Good morning!  It’s The Queen's favorite day!  Happy MLK Day!

IT IS SNOWING!!!!

I made the executive decision last night that we would take the day off of lessons today. It’s a rare day that ALL outside activities are off and dh has the day off work. We have lots of things to get done around the house. 

Coffee!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Huh, I wonder why you can’t see it..anyway, yep one five year old boy with three older sisters. He’s surrounded! 😉

(((The Boy Who Broke Quiet Time)))

It's a this child needs prayer BOOYA!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Spudater said:

It’s a girl!  Luckily ds took the news really well and there has been no pining after a brother. She was super active in there. At one point the midwife squished my stomach to the side to tryto “held her down” in an attempt to keep her still enough to count her heart rate. 

Yay!!  :wub:

• Like 1