Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 minutes ago, maize said:

That is not how I look when I do them.

My neck says I need to stop trying.

Listen to the neck! Our bodies are so much smarter than we are. If only we would listen to them.

There. Booya. Stop doing bad things.

-OBB

Edited by Slache
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

(((Krissi)))  Do you have any boxes you haven't unpacked?  Do you have any unlabeled boxes that you put miscellaneous stuff in?  Did you get it before or after you moved?  You stuck it _________ instead of putting it away because you knew you'd need it soon.  Office?  Bedroom?  Closet?  Ack!  Where is it?  Just go look everywhere again.  And think about what you did when you got it.  Do you remember other things that happened that day?  You opened the box and stuck it _________ because you were..... walking out the door, or having company, or........  😩  

No.... it’s nowhere. And I just ordered it. I remember opening it.... and I stuck it............. i don’t know. It’s Hake Grammar, Spelling Workout and a few novels for DD3. I’ll just have to keep looking. Things like that don’t just disappear. Einstein proved that to be true with that whole mass and energy thing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Not really.

But I must say I think I have the cow pose and the cat pose down, finally. I love “cat”. Oh and “table top.” “Table top” is good, too.

And bird dog. This completes the daily lower back sequence for me. I also like side bends, seated spinal twists and I don't know the name but I'll lay on my back with my ankles to my tail bone and my husband will force my knees down while I bend forward. Extremely unflattering but man is it good.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, maize said:

I haven't been to Norway but my parents lived in Sweden for several years and it was lovely.

My sister and her husband lived in Scotland, his job takes them back for a summer every few years. I have a niece who was born there.

Either sounds nice to me!

Norway is lovely, but I wouldn't want to live there.

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

No.... it’s nowhere. And I just ordered it. I remember opening it.... and I stuck it............. i don’t know. It’s Hake Grammar, Spelling Workout and a few novels for DD3. I’ll just have to keep looking. Things like that don’t just disappear. Einstein proved that to be true with that whole mass and energy thing.

So. Frustrating!

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Eww! Lynn! No.

Slachey, don't hurt Mr. Frog's feelings!  :laugh:

• Like 2

I would live in Norway. They have cold. 

Today I have to be out and about all day. I have to take a day off from writing. I might puff up and die, but ITT regs. I am taking some character work and a short story that needs editing in case it gets to be a desperate situation or something.

• Like 8

Good Morning!  It's Friday!

Last day of Fiddle Camp!  Ds14 has a cello lesson this afternoon, so we have a road trip to take.  But the town has really low prices on gas, so it's nice to fill up the van while we're there.  I have several chigger bites from our hour in the park on Wednesday.  Stupid things.  Liquid bandaid stuff helps with the itchies.

Coffee!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

It seems like lots of us are dealing with pain, loss, life issues, wayward children, etc. lately; or maybe that is my skewed perception. Anyway, for all of us I hope for a better month. Let's make July rock!

I feel like the past month or so has just been all crap.  But I'm trying to remember my perspective may be skewed since I'm still not 100% over the bronchitis and didn't sleep well because of my back so it's hard to pull up some optimism.    On the bright side, it ended up not being MILs gallbladder again.  Just an ongoing issue she's had for years that can be helped with lots of fluids.  She's doing better today so should be going home after lunch.  Then dh will come home, we drive the dog down to his niece tomorrow (back down near in-laws) and come back home right away, then leave on vacation Sunday.  I didn't get the laundry, dishes or errands done thanks to my back.  As soon as the Advil I took kicks in, I'm going to try and get some stuff done.   

If MIL stays in hospital, I'd have to drive dh's car down with the dog.  92 degrees and no air conditioning, with the dog on a 2 1/2 hour drive, with a sore back.  Really hope that doesn't happen.

((Renai))

I like the frog.  I like frogs.  I wanted to raise tadpoles at the science center but never got to the lake or the river to collect tadpoles in time.  

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Friday!!!!

Day #2 of our June cool down. It is so nice. Tomorrow it gets back up into the 90’s, but no 100’s in the forecast.

I got my car back. The shifter cable needed replacing. And they flushed the transmission fluid. That last one was routine maintenance, which was overdue. Lots of $$$😩😩. But, that’s what you get for owning a car. And the people at the repair shop are good people, so we trust them.

Nothing much going on today. DD1 has to get her allergy shots. I gotta figure out what Marvel Movie we are watching tonight. I think it’s Thor.

• Like 3

Happy Anniversary Mr. & Mrs. Jean in Newcastle.

We used to have these neighbors when we lived in the big city. He was a former university professor/author/what-have-you, and he would always say, “My wife and I have been married 60 years. But I don’t think it’s gonna last.”😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Slache said:

Eww! Lynn! No.

But, the whole Prince and riches thing...

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

Well, I guess you don't need a Prince Charming since you're already married.  

But, the Prince might give them loads of money as gratitude for breaking the frog curse! Then her husband will have enough to be a prince too!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

It seems like lots of us are dealing with pain, loss, life issues, wayward children, etc. lately; or maybe that is my skewed perception. Anyway, for all of us I hope for a better month. Let's make July rock!

No, it’s not your skewed perception. The more you get to know people, the more you realize that everyone is hurting to some degree or other. Whether it is child or marriage problems, health issues, financial issues..... whatever. Nobody has the perfect life, no matter how hard they try to hide it or buck up under it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you go further with the physics thing, your theory runs into problems. The multiverse is a very big place.😳

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

"I am not going to be frustrated.  I am not going to be frustrated.  I am not going to be frustrated. . . "  OK - I am frustrated but know that it isn't ds' fault that he worked and worked on getting his car to work and can't.  Took him to work again this morning.  Did not get my much needed shower.  Maybe later.  Or I might just embrace the goat. 

• Sad 3

I am glad that I didn't have time to jump in the shower yet because I had totally forgotten that someone was supposed to come and change out our gas meter and the dog WENT NUTS.  Fortunately this guy was smart enough to call me before he drove up (because he was actually about an hour early) and to knock on my door before just going into my backyard.  So  the dog was going nuts while firmly locked up indoors.  Now I need to go outside to make sure that he latched the gate behind him when he left. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Nothing much going on today. DD1 has to get her allergy shots. I gotta figure out what Marvel Movie we are watching tonight. I think it’s Thor.

I like Thor.   It's a more stand-alone movie rather than part of the series though.

I managed to burn my hand with a hot glue gun.  Again.  I really probably should not be allowed to use one anymore.  I was making wands for wizard camp.  They came out cool but my hand really hurts.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Slache said:

I'm fairly positive that I'm supposed to be doing something right now but I have no idea what that is.

Same.

I'm supposed to put my things to do in order of priority, but I spend too much time figuring out priority order, thus still not completing much, which was the purpose of putting things in order in the first place. :svengo:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Renai said:

Same.

I'm supposed to put my things to do in order of priority, but I spend too much time figuring out priority order, thus still not completing much, which was the purpose of putting things in order in the first place. :svengo:

I have never done this in any way, shape or form even once, ever.

What?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, JoJosMom said:

Well, we're supposed to be packing, but the short person is caught up in a math problem and I'm trying not to tear my hair out.

Patience is a virtue I've yet to master.

Which college in Texas is she going to?

• Haha 3