Menu

Ignore this thread!

7 minutes ago, Junie said:

Oh, good.  I see that you have.

I had a burger and fries. There was a communication breakdown when the Celiac that was supposed to be at the party cancelled and the mom forgot to tell me. The one person expects to be catered to so she said she'd just feed us both but she's very pregnant and forgot. She almost dropped the cupcakes when she tried to give me one. Literally. I caught the tray. It was pretty funny. 

• Like 2

I printed 145 copies of the exhibitor invitations to send out to, well, exhibitors for our 2019 Central Texas convention. Mr. Ellie helped me fold them and stuff them into envelopes. I will mail them Monday.

Mr. Ellie is in an acapella men's chorus; next weekend is the big national convention, and today the men did some last minute rehearsal stuff, and then did two run-throughs with us as the audience. They were good, of course, because Mr. Ellie. :-) I could go up to Ft. Worth with him next weekend, which I would if I were a good wife, but I'm not a good wife; I'm going to stay home and goof off. Which will be different from my regular goofing off.

I am glad to see that Slache eated all the things. 

That is all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, I am still running Windows XP on my computer.

Yes, really.

Part of that is all the problems other people have had with the newer operating systems; I don't want to experience those. Windows XP works just fine, TYVM.

But the biggest part is that I use PageMaker 7.0 for many, many things, and Mr. Ellie is not sure that it will run on anything after XP, especially not whatever the current operating system is.

I use Mozilla Firefox. I don't like Chrome. I certainly don't like IE. But whether it's the browser (and I have the most recent, updated one) or XP, I can no longer watch most videos on YouTube.

::heavy sigh:: ?

That is all.

Edited by Ellie
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Home again, home again, jiggety jig.

It's a late night home - we will have to discuss church plans for the morning.  We had a really nice time at the college days - bbq cookout and the Incredibles 2 movie on a huge outdoor screen with free popcorn and candy Friday night.  The girls had fun sleeping in the dorm room.  Today we walked around an archaeological state park with ancient mounds and then went to an International Food & Arts festival in the town and watched dancing to a mariachi band and had Middle Eastern food (roast chicken, rice, stuffed grape leaves, & tabouleh) and bought a mum for dd20 at the farmer's market.  

Then we went back to campus and sat at the library patio and read books and lazed around with coffee and then had the university fair.  I went on the ferris wheel and fulfilled a bucket list item which was to have a Cuban (sandwich) from a food truck.  It was yummy.  We got ice cream cones and talked to the zoology department (with dd12) and got faces painted and launched nerf soccer balls at a dunk tank with a giant sling-shot and watched fireworks.  Then we drove home.  Just a couple hours.  I got twice my daily goal for steps today.  I think I have a blister on my foot.

Good night!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Yes, really.

Part of that is all the problems other people have had with the newer operating systems; I don't want to experience those. Windows XP works just fine, TYVM.

But the biggest part is that I use PageMaker 7.0 for many, many things, and Mr. Ellie is not sure that it will run on anything after XP, especially not whatever the current operating system is.

I use Mozilla Firefox. I don't like Chrome. I certainly don't like IE. But whether it's the browser (and I have the most recent, updated one) or XP, I can no longer watch most videos on YouTube.

That is all.

7 is very similar to XP. Slache likes 7. Slache does not like Vista, 8 or 10. Vista, 8 and 10 are butt.

You can have a Linux built to look like XP in every way but support all the things. I have no personal experience with this.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Slache said:

7 is very similar to XP. Slache likes 7. Slache does not like Vista, 8 or 10. Vista, 8 and 10 are butt.

You can have a Linux built to look like XP in every way but support all the things. I have no personal experience with this.

I'll ask my personal IT guy (aka Mr. Ellie) about 7. I don't think he knows Linux, though, but I will ask him.

• Like 1

Good morning.

iTired.  So much work to catch up on today.  A certain person was going to help me get something put together for school lessons but now that we are 4 weeks behind, I realize that I need to relieve him of that obligation. Unfortunately, the materials are now lost.  Sigh.  I'm going to have to order everything all over again.

Ds23 starts his new part-time job running sound st the church this morning.

I am not sure I can handle being among people today.

Coffee.

• Like 5

COFFEE!  

Susan, what a wonderful weekend!  Hope you survive today!  (Well, of course you will - rules and all.)

Ellie, you could always switch to Mac.  (Bwahahahahah  ??)

Jean, yay for a good meeting, a good walk and all the things!

Ds and I visited a nearby college campus Friday and liked it.  

Also, the state school where I graduated is now undefeated in football for like the first time in a million years.  I'm not a huge fan of the university, but it's an exciting time for those who are.  

And more fun stuff, a local bicycle ride is using our front yard for a pit stop today.  It's a country road kind of ride and we are out in the middle of nowhere, so a convenient place to stop.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning.

iTired.  So much work to catch up on today.  A certain person was going to help me get something put together for school lessons but now that we are 4 weeks behind, I realize that I need to relieve him of that obligation. Unfortunately, the materials are now lost.  Sigh.  I'm going to have to order everything all over again.

Ds23 starts his new part-time job running sound st the church this morning.

I am not sure I can handle being among people today.

Coffee.

I read this to dh and he said, "Job?"

He's been running the sound at our church for 20+ years and has not yet been paid.  :)  He loved doing it (mostly) except when people "borrow" things from the sound booth and don't return them.  Or when someone tells him 2 minutes before service starts that they need a mic at the piano.

• Like 2

House inspection went fine and buyer asked for nothing as a result.  Closing at end of Oct.  I packed more boxes.  My sister asked me if I was stressed over the packing yet.  I didn’t know I was supposed to be stressed.  Now I’m stressed. ? Phew!  (Have to make sure I do this moving thing correctly.)

Oh- Hello, ITT!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ellie said:

Yes, really.

That is all.

This is part of the reason why I have a new laptop on my desk this morning. Had the other not died,I would still be struggling along with XP. I like XP. I don't like 10. But I have to learn to deal with it.

Even then, I won't be watching any videos. I will have to go to town at least one a week to get connection speed to update. As I feared, our speed is too low to do anything much at home.

• Like 4

I'm having a gf breakfast sammich wiff bacon, eggs, cheese and salsa wiff an odwala smoothie. My dad tried to be kind by buying a bunch of things just because they're gf and now we have a bunch of stuff I'm not really supposed to eat but I'm going to because we broke and don't like wasting food.

The scale went down instead of up this morning.

Church, air show and rock museum. Mama needs to do school prep and we need to sit down and resume our habit training.

We have no plans next weekend. I am exhausted.

• Like 6

Back from church. I cannot get over this grogginess. I have no idea why I feel this way. I think I need more COFFEE~D!!!

IKSLO, I love your view. I have no view. Well, a view of the neighbor’s roof. That’s what we got.

The cat is whining. She wants to come in.

I have bread in the works.

And lastly, who in the world thought the Green Bay Packers’ uniforms were a good idea. Good heavens.  Can you say “hideous”?

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Back from church. I cannot get over this grogginess. I have no idea why I feel this way. I think I need more COFFEE~D!!!

IKSLO, I love your view. I have no view. Well, a view of the neighbor’s roof. That’s what we got.

The cat is whining. She wants to come in.

I have bread in the works.

And lastly, who in the world thought the Green Bay Packers’ uniforms were a good idea. Good heavens.  Can you say “hideous”?

Yes, hideous.  But if someone were to pay me whatever Aaron Rodgers gets paid per week, I'd wear it... and pay for 6 college educations.  And an advanced degree for myself.  With money left over.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

FWIW, my first attempt at reading What Color is Your Parachute for Teens was not terribly successful.  I did not think it was very inviting or very appealing to me, much less to teens.  I will try again, maybe this afternoon.  

I am feeling that way about "Tinkers" - which I am supposed to finish for book club tomorrow.  It won a Pulizer, so I suppose it is really brilliant, but I can't help but wish it was over already.  Kind of the way I felt about The Sound and the Fury, except I didn't bother finishing that one.

7 hours ago, Junie said:

I read this to dh and he said, "Job?"

He's been running the sound at our church for 20+ years and has not yet been paid.  :)  He loved doing it (mostly) except when people "borrow" things from the sound booth and don't return them.  Or when someone tells him 2 minutes before service starts that they need a mic at the piano.

I know - it's a fairly small church with very minimal sound needs, but they made it an official job a couple years ago.  Before that, there was a sort of schedule of volunteer people who would rotate Sundays.  Dh was one of those, and he still jumps in to help when needed.

6 hours ago, Ellie said:

::looks for the "when hell freezes over" emoji::

Sister.

6 hours ago, mama25angels said:

Good morning ladies!  Not sure I'm going to church, no real good reason other than I just want to lay in the bed, of course, I'll probably not be lazy and go.

I stayed home and went back to sleep.  Dh took the kids.

Ikslo, what a beautiful view!  I wonder what kind of birds come to visit the water?

• Like 5

I've gone through children's choir materials and made a rehearsal plan and reworked the remaining theory worksheets.

The responsible party found the lost materials and said they would definitely get it done today, even though I said I could easily take care of it.  So now I'm wondering if I should risk offending them and just quietly do it and never mention it again and hope they don't notice?

Backpacking menu has been finalized and the forecasted rain has disappeared, so I think it's a go for this weekend.  

• Like 4

Okay, I spent a little longer with What Color is Your Parachute for Teens.  This time I by-passed the intro and started straight with Chapter 1 and thought it was better.  We will use the first four chapters (part 1), but probably not the rest since it seems geared towards older teens or else has information I already know (i.e. take the SAT/ACT, complete the FAFSA, etc.)

Speaking of the FAFSA....  ?....  this is your friendly reminder that tomorrow is October 1 - the first day you can file for the next school year!  Find your key.  Find your kid.  Have him/her find his/her key.  Etc, Etc.  I hate once a year stuff, I forget all the stuff I'm supposed to remember.  willy-nilly!  runaway! 

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Yes, hideous.  But if someone were to pay me whatever Aaron Rodgers gets paid per week, I'd wear it... and pay for 6 college educations.  And an advanced degree for myself. With money left over.

* If you can still do it after being tackled about the head several hundred times.

I churched. I appreciate that place so much. The minister informed us that he has checked, and we are ranked #127 among local congregations on Yelp, lol.

I did not popcorn, because I was neighboring, and I expect DS to be annoyed when he gets home. Maybe I will make brownies instead and be SuperMom, according to him. (His SuperMom requirements center around screen time and desserts. Mine, unfortunately, do not.)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

We churched and rock museumed and are at the air show.

Pastor is out of town and that woman gave handouts to everyone at church with a list of my "mistakes" the past few months. Essentially she's arguing that the people who would vote the way she wants them to are still members but he ones who wouldn't are not. She has no actual say in this but she keeps the records and will now keep them this way unless Pastor steps in which he won't.

The rock museum was fine. We got in for free with our zoo membership this month. I'm glad we went.

7 hours ago, ikslo said:

House inspection went fine and buyer asked for nothing as a result.  Closing at end of Oct.  I packed more boxes.  My sister asked me if I was stressed over the packing yet.  I didn’t know I was supposed to be stressed.  Now I’m stressed. ? Phew!  (Have to make sure I do this moving thing correctly.)

Oh- Hello, ITT!

Yay! Moving is supposedly one of the top 5 stressful things a person can do but it never stressed me out.

7 hours ago, ikslo said:

It’s 58 here.  I have a blanket over me.  I can’t wait to move. 

Yo tampoco!

6 hours ago, ikslo said:

DH says you can hear the noise from the highway, but that’s to be expected.  It’s Tampa.

You get used to that very quickly.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1