Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Wednesday morning!  I'm up and the boys are up but no one is raring to go, I would've slept well except my Dh and kitty can't seem to handle that and decided to wake me every couple of hours.  We have regular lessons today, orthodontist appointment (hopefully braces off soon) and church tonight.  I think I'm making pulled pork for dinner.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Openhearted said:

This is the key to camping: the dad and children go camping; mom stays home. ALONE. It is magical. I quit camping 10 years (or more) ago. They go camping every year and seem to forget how miserable it is.

What part of my state? Southern? Are you trying to get rid of them? ?

Yes, this!! It’s a win-win situation!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Points for quoting self.

I decided to get What Color is Your Parachute for Teens instead.  I think Do What You Love is better for adults who have lived in the real world, so to speak, and need some encouragement to take a risk.  I'm not sure it's the message I want for teens who are already seeing things through rose colored glasses (perhaps) just due to their lack of experience, iykwim.  

I thought of What Color is Your Parachute but wasn’t sure if was still a current book. I didn’t know that there was  a teen version!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Eclectic stuff. But the specific book that I was wondering about was an Usborne book on coding. At a very very elementary level. 

Very interesting! I'm pretty anti-tech at the younger grades, but I totally see the other side. Imma google the book.

• Like 1

I live vicariously through Jean.

Okay, last set of pictures. The last were from Matt, these are mine. One duplicate because he intentionally set the crater lake family pic to be blurry in the background. The crater lake pictures are completely unedited, that is what the water looks like.

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people standing, mountain, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: 1 person, child and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people, child and outdoor

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, child, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: 1 person, tree, plant, child, outdoor, closeup and nature

Image may contain: sky, mountain, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: one or more people, tree, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, tree and outdoor

Edited by Slache
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

There is also a Hobby Lobby app that you can use to bring up the current coupon on your phone.  Usually 40% off any regular priced item.

Ok, well, I wish I would have known this before. Although, being technologically challenged I couldn't Have figured it out. My +-#$&*£¥€€ printer wouldn’t print up the coupon. ???????? But all fall stuff was already 40% off. So, I did all right.

oooooh, it’s a Hobby Lobby Booya/h!! Woohoo!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 8

That was scary!  Dd and I took Juliet to the park one block away for a training session. We used a long lead and worked on sit, down, stay and recall. She did better for me than dd because she knew that I held the training treats. ?. Anyway we had just gotten home and somehow  her collar came loose and she ran towards me on the road just as a car was coming. I can yell pretty loudly for a “sit”. Phew!  

• Like 8

Dd just got the weirdest birthday party invitation that we've had in several years.  It's from a kid in her class which she doesn't know well (ok, that happens), printed on cardstock to look like a ticket (ok, whatever, but 3 tickets to a page, so cheap photocopying win).....but the invite has four pictures of the birthday boy holding toys he likes (cars, nerf guns, spiderman, hot wheels).  On one hand, it's good to know what the kid likes, on the other, WTH?!!!  I think I just leveled up on exposure to tacky invites.

I'm really relieved that we have a schedule conflict for then.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

I did all the things that don't require heavy lifting or are gross. They came back early to go fishing mañana and Matt's doing the rest. This is why I don't want a big house. It would take some of you all day to do what I did. It just takes you too long to get from one place to the next.

• Like 2

Dh brought a white chocolate raspberry Nothing Bundt Cake home from work for me.  :wub:  It has the magical powers of helping me decompress from children's choir.  This particular choir is not accustomed to being required to pay attention and sit and stand properly and not act inappropriately.  Fortunately, I am perfectly comfortable being a Bossy McBossypants/drill sergeant.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I really really want some pie ? on my plate. 

50 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Dh brought a white chocolate raspberry Nothing Bundt Cake home from work for me.  :wub:  It has the magical powers of helping me decompress from children's choir.  This particular choir is not accustomed to being required to pay attention and sit and stand properly and not act inappropriately.  Fortunately, I am perfectly comfortable being a Bossy McBossypants/drill sergeant.

I want pie too.  But I'll settle for white chocolate raspberry anything.  ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2