Menu

Ignore this thread!

There is plenty of Hallelujah Chorus to go around! ?

Some Progress has been made on the pantry.  I find it felpful to listen to "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" while working on it.  Dh and ds23 are walking downtown to the church because Music Festival means no parking available in a 5-mile radius.  It's only a mile-and-a-half to get there.  

Krissi, I'm with you on the painting hire.  How do you like the paint color?

• Like 3

Good morning. I did not sleep enough.

We leave for camp por la mañana.

We're out of breakfast foods! We have 2 eggs. The kids had burgers. I'm having coffee.

Alex tended to my imaginary wounds with his doctor kit. It was quite painful and I'm not sure he's destined for the medical field.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Apparently everything I've been saying about our camping equipment the last few days is right and everything someone else has been saying about our camping equipment the last few days is wrong and now someone else is mad at me because I "wasn't clear enough".

The ENB specializes in clearing up these kinds of misunderstandings if he's having trouble apologizing.  Just let us know!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm irritated with people today. The jumped from behind thread is not helping. I was beat up in high school, but not for long. After he smashed my face into a locker and I got in trouble for it I stopped going to the principal for help and I think he got bored.

And no one is listening to me today and it's annoying. Everyone is excited or stressed. I hate camping.

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

If you ever meet my FIL, he will show you the hospital picture from when he cut off his nose with a chain saw.

That won't bother me. I have issues with nails. Nails and bodily entry points. I could probably saw my own arm off in an emergency but I'm paranoid about my middle right toenail which is a smidgen too short on the left corner.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Slache said:

That won't bother me. I have issues with nails. Nails and bodily entry points. I could probably saw my own arm off in an emergency but I'm paranoid about my middle right toenail which is a smidgen too short on the left corner.

It didn't bother me, either, and FIL was a little disappointed. 

• Haha 2

The pantry is done for now.  Jam and canned plums all have their own spaces.  Sheets and towels are in the washing machine.  Peppermint extract has been blended a bit and put back to sit in the dark.  Plum kuchens are cooling.  I'm eating leftover spaetzle with mushroom gravy for lunch.  Coffee is next.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

I'm painting DS's bathroom because we're too cheap to pay the contractor to do it. Apparently since they didn't tear those walls out the insurance won't pay for it to match the rest of the basement. Boop de boop, back in the painting grind! It's much easier to paint a bathroom with no toilet, sink, or vanity.

Funny thing is that we've lived here over 3 years and we just realized that the ceiling in DS's bathroom was painted a dark blue/gray! No other ceiling that I've found is painted. We must never look up. I wonder why it was painted? It doesn't match the hideous orangey cream walls. 

Edited by Paige
  • Like 5

My neighbor and her boxer and me and Juliet all went together to our favorite pet store's grand opening (after they moved to a new location).  While I was signing up for a $100 raffle ticket, Juliet helped herself to the open treat bar.  Everyone was laughing and I was (just a bit) mortified when I turned around to find out why.  They also had free pet photos.  I was impressed at how well Juliet did modeling with no leash on to keep her there.  We also got treat bags with stuff for kitties, doggies (and bunnies since the bunnies will steal the cat toys). 

Juliet is 46.8 pounds for anyone who is interested. 

• Like 5

Warning! Reptilepo!

So we had decided on a leopard gecko for Mr. John because he was anti-snake. Well, I found out yesterday he thought they were slimy because they're shiny. So we're looking at corn snakes and ball pythons. Any experience with those?

Pros:

• Less frequent feedings.
  • Less frequent cleanings.
  • We wouldn't be breeding the food. I don't want to breed the food. Breeding the food is butt.
  • Snakes don't require as much handling which would be good as he goes through different seasons of life.

Cons:

• Larger tank.
  • 20-40 year lifespan. This is a major con. We were hoping the leopard gecko wouldn't make John's 18th birthday, freeing up the responsibility before he left home.

49 minutes ago, Slache said:

Warning! Reptilepo!

So we had decided on a leopard gecko for Mr. John because he was anti-snake. Well, I found out yesterday he thought they were slimy because they're shiny. So we're looking at corn snakes and ball pythons. Any experience with those?

Pros:

• We wouldn't be breeding the food. I don't want to breed the food. Breeding the food is butt.
  • Snakes don't require as much handling which would be good as he goes through different seasons of life.

Cons:

• Larger tank.
  • 20-40 year lifespan. This is a major con. We were hoping the leopard gecko wouldn't make John's 18th birthday, freeing up the responsibility before he left home.

Dd20 trained dd15 on the care of her bunnies before she left for college.  By that time, dd15 pretty much considered herself the bunnies' primary caregiver.  John will need to start the transition a year or so beforehand...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Dd20 trained dd15 on the care of her bunnies before she left for college.  By that time, dd15 pretty much considered herself the bunnies' primary caregiver.  John will need to start the transition a year or so beforehand...

We might run out of kids before this thing dies.

10 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

When I was young, we babysat a king snake in our house for a neighbor once.  Someone forgot to put the brick on the lid one night and it got out of it's tank and we never saw it again.  

So sad!

We will do better than a brick because Mooies is probably getting a cat in several years.

I'm anti-reptile.  and rodent.  Maybe anti-the whole animal kingdom.  ?  Except cats.  Because cats kill *m-words.*

Sorry I'm no help.  But I would think a lizard would be less ick than a snake and have a shorter life.  So, just tell John that most snakes are slimy and whatever he read that said otherwise was wrong.  You're welcome.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I'm anti-reptile.  and rodent.  Maybe anti-the whole animal kingdom.  ?  Except cats.  Because cats kill *m-words.*

Sorry I'm no help.  But I would think a lizard would be less ick than a snake and have a shorter life.  So, just tell John that most snakes are slimy and whatever he read that said otherwise was wrong.  You're welcome.  

Lizard=more work

Snake=long lifespan

Rodents need more care than I think he will want to put in in his teen years.

16 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

But in your case, Slache, I would stick with a gecko.  Ds11 now knows he wants a bearded dragon.  He's waiting a few more years.

That's what I want but I'm not willing to put that much work in. They're hands down my favorite caged animal, possibly my favorite animal.

6 hours ago, KrissiK said:

You want to come help me paint, Paige?? We’re painting our bedroom and I hate it.

Sure. I'll do the edging and you can roll. 

DH does not approve of my painting the baseboards the same color as the walls in the bathroom. I say he who does not paint gets no say in how it's done!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!

It's raining raining raining here, too.  Church picnic has been cancelled.  I wonder what is happening with the music festival.  Our power flashed off and on in the middle of the night and made Wally start vacuuming.  :dry:  I stumbled around in the dark looking for him and he eventually sent himself home.  

Ds13 has misplaced a part of his formal choir uniform.  Have to go help him find it.

Coffee!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Good morning. I was able to sleep last night without extra medication. 

Oh and I vacuumed the hall, dining room and living room last night and it was. no big deal. The fact that it was no big deal is a very big deal. It wasn’t that many years ago that it would have taken me HOURs to vacuum that much ( our house is not super big) AND I would have been confined to bed for days afterwards. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Slache said:

Warning! Reptilepo!

Pros:

Cons:

• Larger tank.

We have a corn snake and she's beautiful and wonderful.  We've had her 4 years and she's about 3 1/2 feet long.  She is super-chill and is regularly handled by the kids in my 4-H club and the kids at my classroom.   I have usually seen 20 years for a corn snake lifespan, except under rare circumstance.

We are up to 3 mice (which we order frozen from Amazon) once a week.

ETA:  We find her a lot easier than most lizards or other snakes would be because we live in an area that is a native habitat.  No super crazy exact control of temperature and humidity. She does have a heat pad but when we lost power, she was fine because she hadn't eaten recently (need belly heat to digest). 

20180313_100241.jpg

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 3