Menu

Ignore this thread!

5 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Re. Weight loss. Perhaps I am misunderstanding but you can’t make someone else lose weight. It’s hard enough to lose weight when you want to on your own. 

I'm not trying to get him to lose weight, he has to lose it for health reasons, I am concerned about him trying to do it the quick and easy way. 

Edited by mama25angels
  • Like 3

Good morning!

Jean, I understand, I'm not ready to be awake either!

(((Junie)))

We will have a short day because we got all of our work done this week!  My plan is to get the lawn done, win the battle between us and the ants, right now the ants are winning and get a few loads of laundry done.  Oh yeah, and work on the budget and schedule bills.  I'd like to take a nap too.

Edited by mama25angels
  • Like 5

Good morning!

Nicely done booya/h, mama!

Go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep little Jeannie...

(((Junie)))  hope things go OK with the MRI.

Dh is working from home today.  We are leaving this afternoon for dd20's university to go to Family Weekend - there's a BBQ and outdoor movie tonight.  The girls get to sleep in dd20's dorm and the rest of us are staying in a cheap nearby hotel.  Tomorrow we'll go to a national archeaology site in the morning, an international food festival for lunch, and then back to campus for the univeristy's family festival for games and dinner and fireworks.  We'll drive home afterwards.  

Coffee!

• Like 6

True Ant story.

On Thursday there was a giant black ant in my bathtub, so I did the sensible thing and poured a bit of mouthwash on him.  He was still alive a while later, so I poured some hydrogen peroxide on him.  Then nail polish remover and New Skin liquid bandage.  It was the Pantene hair mousse that finally did him in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Good morning!

Can't get enough coffee!

Ants: 1/2 box of borax plus 1/2 cup of sugar. Mix in large baggie. Snip off  corner of baggie and sprinkle around the outside of your house. This is safe for animals and children. At least that is what I've heard; I haven't tested it. Borax: it is in the laundry section at the store. It is called 21 muleteam or something like that. It also works well in the washer to remove funky smells from laundry.  I do this at the first sign of ants, usually in the springs, and they are gone quickly.

I hate autocorrect!

more coffee!

• Like 6

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Friday!!!!

The cool down has begun. It’s supposed to be in the upper 70’s by Tuesday.

DD1 has another allergist appointment. They want to re-check the two out of seventy things she was not highly allergic to, to see if maybe she really is allergic to them, too. Ugh!! 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

True Ant story.

On Thursday there was a giant black ant in my bathtub, so I did the sensible thing and poured a bit of mouthwash on him.  He was still alive a while later, so I poured some hydrogen peroxide on him.  Then nail polish remover and New Skin liquid bandage.  It was the Pantene hair mousse that finally did him in.

Wow, that’s some super-ant.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

I need to do this, I'm in desperate need of some self care right now

You should pick up this book.  It is the ultimate in self-care. She was pretty devastated by the divorce, but it’s an awesome book. She did everything I would love to do right now.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I was reading escapist literature last night..... Susan Banch’s memoir about how she ran away from heartache and impulsively bought a cottage on Martha’s Vineyard and fixed it up. 

My escapist literature usually involves zombies.  Because as difficult as things may be, at least I am not having to deal with the zombie apocalypse.  :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

22 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

I don't think Martha's Vineyard is warm enough to be ITT Island, but I'd definitely try it out with you, because I'm really accommodating by nature.

I agree that it's not warm enough.  I'm thinking of leaving the country entirely for awhile though, I'm thinking Italy for the wine or Spain, lol

• Like 3

I don't know how much more of this getting out of bed nonsense my body can take.

4 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

But not in the house, right?

No, at the fishing place. :laugh:

2 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

Depends.  It would be totally normal in my family.  I'm fb friends with sil family members.

I accepted so as not to cause drama for them but I really don't like this woman. I'm hiding her posts.

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

True Ant story.

I think we should all stop using Pantene...

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have needed my big girl panties this week for this new adventure in starting our own non-profit and me being the director.  I think that I need steel reinforced big girl panties even though that sounds uncomfortable. 

"My goal this year is to get out of my comfort zone." -Jean

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have needed my big girl panties this week for this new adventure in starting our own non-profit and me being the director.  I think that I need steel reinforced big girl panties even though that sounds uncomfortable. 

You go, Jeannie!! You’re going to be awesome!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, we had our second set of allergy testing today. DD1 is officially allergic to...... everything. Absolutely everything. And she’s going to have shots. This child, whom I had to put in a full-body hold when she was little to get her vaccinations, is going to have to do immunotherapy. Sigh.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Sad 5