Menu

Ignore this thread!

I spent the morning helping decorate the venue for the high school formal and then came home, ate lunch, and made a corsage (on a wristlet) for dd15.  It's going to be a gorgeous dinner.  I think they are having someone come and teach them line dancing.   I really need dd19 to be here to do dd15's hair, but I will have to forge ahead without her.  Right now she looks like a character out of Dr. Seuss with little buns twisted and tied with strips of fabric all over her head.  :biggrin:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Cute kids, Slache! Are you also strawberry blonde?  

Ish. There seem to be a variety of factors that contribute to my hair color not including what color it was the day before or whether or not I've done anything to change it.

36 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I am taking a 20 min break before I have to do the next thing. 

.......I bought myself a Diet Pepsi as a reward for surviving ds’s medical appointment today. The paperwork was 12 pages of detailed single line stuff long. Progress, though.

How is it going with Events Planner? 

Ok. Lots of waiting. 

• Like 4

Dh left work a couple minutes early so he could take dd15 to the formal dinner thing.  Dd's hair turned out OK - a decent messy/curly look.  She wanted some daisies in her hair so I managed to get a couple in her hair clip.  :biggrin:   I like the fact that the event is only for tutorial students and no one is allowed to bring a date, so it's really just a bunch of kids who get to have a fun night without any awkwardness.  

• Like 6

On 5/2/2018 at 9:14 PM, Slache said:

Edpo: I haz Minimus from the library. I will not be buying. 

I don't make homemade bread! :svengo:

Not ordering because you don’t like it, or because you don’t need to now that you’re borrowing it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

Has anyone heard from Junie this afternoon? Did she get an appointment?

We have not been updated. I'm worried because she hasn't checked in.

29 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Day 105

Woot!

15 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Not ordering because you don’t like it, or because you don’t need to now that you’re borrowing it?

I don't love it. I was considering it for later but I wanted to see it now because spoiled brat. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Slache said:

We have not been updated. I'm worried because she hasn't checked in.

Woot!

I don't love it. I was considering it for later but I wanted to see it now because spoiled brat. 

Hoping Junie’s okay...

I was looking at it, too.  What makes it meh?  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Slache said:

Junie! What's going on?

Hi.  Sorry to worry everyone.

I went to my ob/gyn this morning and she ordered me to go to the hospital to get blood.

So I got two units of blood and it took most of the day.

At least I had a good book (My Antonia by Willa Cather) and playoff hockey to keep me busy.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, ikslo said:

Do you feel better with the extra blood, Junie?

I don't know yet.

I've been tired/not 100 percent for so long that I don't know what normal feels like.

I don't know how much of my fatigue was from the RA and how much was from the low iron.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

When I got to the hospital they said that I would have to wait a few hours because they didn't have a bed.  Then they decided to check other units in the hospital to see if I could get a transfusion in another part of the hospital.

I ended up in pediatrics.  This was actually wonderful for me because a friend of mine is a nurse in pediatrics and she was on the floor when I got there.  She was very reassuring.

• Like 8

Booya. :coolgleamA:

Two days out of Whole30 and I'm feeling quite poopy. I'm going to reconsider things.

31 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Hoping Junie’s okay...

I was looking at it, too.  What makes it meh?  

I don't know. It was fine, but not amazing. Oxford is gorgeous. Totally smoochable. I'm trying to figure out if we should just dive in or do something first like GSWL/KGWL, Visual Latin or Minimus. I really think we can just dive in which is tempting because that gives me several years before I have to worry about it.

26 minutes ago, Junie said:

I went to my ob/gyn this morning and she ordered me to go to the hospital to get blood.

At least I had a good book (My Antonia by Willa Cather) and playoff hockey to keep me busy.

Yay! We like to worry. : )

20 minutes ago, Junie said:

I don't know yet.

I've been tired/not 100 percent for so long that I don't know what normal feels like.

I don't know how much of my fatigue was from the RA and how much was from the low iron.

It will be a few days before you feel better but I truly can't imagine that you won't  

17 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I don’t why this suddenly double posted an hour later. 

ITT is proud of you.

• Like 4

Good morning!  May the Fourth Be With You!

Junie, glad your blood has been updated.  Hope you start feeling better by this afternoon!  

Dh generally has too much iron.  So he donates blood to the Red Cross regularly and always feels better afterwards.

Yay for coming home from college!

Slache, I suspect that dairy is a likely candidate for making you feel crummy.  :mellow:

I don't make bread, either.

This afternoon dh will drive to dd19's university to pick her up for the weekend, and I will drive to ds22's university with the van to help him move out of his apartment.  Tonight we will all go out for a special graduation dinner at ds22's favorite restaurant.

Coffee!

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Slache said:

I've decided it's not keto flu. I've been doing 75/20/5 for about a week, it was the reintroduction of dairy that is wiping me out. : (

Have you had just cheese and not also milk/yogurt/etc? You will need to sort out whether it is a dairy protein issue or a lactose issue. For my girls, it is just lactose. They are good with cheese and lactose free milk. The half life of dairy protein is about 17 days....so give it some time to clear out before you reintroduce again.

• Like 5

My final editing quote is supposed to come back some time this afternoon or evening. I'm nervous. After today, I'll have to choose between three people I don't know, based on how I've interacted with them through email, their vision for my book, and how well I think they connect to my premise, characters, plot and setting. No pressure or anything.

• Like 4

Junie: Can you eat clams? Clams in tomato sauce cooked in a cast iron pot is a great source of heme iron (think linguine with clam sauce or Manhattan Clam Chowder. ) My hemoglobin dropped  to the high 4s once, and I  learned to love the red clam  chowder.  My doctor had mercy on me and didn't make me get a transfusion,  but he was not amused. (This was post-childbirth drama and I was at peak medical PTSD, especially  wrt needles.  And blood.)

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

So, I was thinking of working on my closet today and finishing storing away school work stuff.  This might call for some decaf and a handful of chocolate chips.  

points for quoting self.

So, I cleaned out the litter box first and discovered we are low on litter.  really low.  doesn't-cover-the-bottom-of-the-box-low.  So, I might be going to the store soon. 

eta:  So, I tried typing a sad face instead of click on an emo.  But it turned it into an emo.  And then turned the emo into a question mark.  So, I'm going to type a sad face with spaces lol.  : - (

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Junie said:

(((Junie)))  Glad you checked in, glad you got taken care of, and glad you are okay now!

You are okay now, right?

• Like 1