Menu

Ignore this thread!

47 minutes ago, AMJ said:

(((Junie)))  Glad you checked in, glad you got taken care of, and glad you are okay now!

You are okay now, right?

I'm probably not the right person to ask.  I thought I was ok before...

Youngest has been saving her money to buy a LOL surprise doll. The first store didn’t have it (third time we’ve checked) but said another store did. That store was also sold out. Three hours in, we ended up at a third store where, blessedly, they had one.  Youngest now owns a toy cat that spits and has a litter box. Hurray. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

We all watched The Barkley Marathons (Amazon Prime) and the kids are now worried that that's what we are doing on our backpacking trip.  :ohmy:  Backpacking Frozen Head State Park seems a little more daunting than it did before.  :biggrin:

Yes!  A Backpacking Barkley Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends
It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

This is the thread that never ends....

• Like 5

On 5/3/2018 at 11:36 AM, AMJ said:

Really GOOD day with Dad today!  *bouncy cheerleader emoji*  He was cheerful and not resistant at all, and quite garrulous.  Today there were two other gentleman having phlebotomies, as well, both of them veterans of the process.  Dad chatted happily with them both the whole time.

One of them, looked to be in his 70s, had been having phlebotomies for about 2 years now.  When he heard Dad was only a month into this he reassured Dad that the frequency of blood draws will reduce.  He currently comes in once a month for his.  He also told Dad that he tried stopping the phlebotomies for about 4 months at one point and restarted because he felt VERY poorly -- this improved when he restarted his regular phlebotomies.  (Yay!  That was so helpful for Dad to hear!)

The other gentleman had a boyish face, so it was harder to judge his age.  Since he is still working (running his own business) I estimate he is likely in his 60s, and he has been doing this for 18 years!  He contracted PV at an unusually young age.  His frequency of phlebotomies has reduced to about every other month.  Dad happily visited with both men about how the need for the blood draws does taper off over time, which seemed to cheer and reassure him to no end.

Dad's blood flowed more quickly today, too, which is a promising sign.  With luck after Monday's appointment we can drop Dad's phlebotomies to once a month for a while.

Next time Dad wants to take a marker and have the phlebotomist sign his bandage afterwards, like signing a cast.  He was joking around a lot today, too, which I haven't seen him do in several weeks.

I am so relieved!

I also asked Dad to ask his breakfast friends for dentist recommendations.  Dad needs a check-up soon, and my dentist is a ways away from where Dad lives.  I'd like him to be seen by someone more local.

*partypartyparty emoji*

It's so hard for guys to find friends to talk to! I'm really happy for your dad. One heart was not enough. ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Slache said:

I had a dream Steve Buscemi was hiding out in our zoo disguised in a low quality lamb costume. 

This could be an actual Steve Buscemi movie. Watch it show up in theaters in like 4 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Good morning!  It's Saturday!

Ds22 graduates (with honors :smile:) today.  Fortunately the ceremony will be indoors - it will be raining ALL DAY.  

I woke up thinking about meals And how to keep Thai coconut lime soup warm for 6 hours.  I think the rain is keeping the birds quiet this morning.

Coffee!

• Like 8

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Saturday!!?

the cat woke me up meowing outside my window. So, i’m Up and drinking COFFEE And ITTing outside on the patio to keep her company. Of course she is ignoring me now and chasing an emoji ball all over the yard, but whatever. It’s a beautiful morning to be outside.

Congratulations to Susan’s DS!! 

• Like 3

I am so upset. (Well, not really, more like disappointed.....) I bought two cute little tops at The Afsa last night, just to wear around, you know, nothing big, but I loved the colors (one a smoky charcoal and the other a really pretty pinkish salmon type color) and they were cheap. I tried them on and they just made me look fat and dumpy. I couldn’t believe it. Must have been the cut or something.? I am taking them back.

• Sad 3

6 minutes ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

I woke up at 7ish, tried to start the day, and couldn't keep my eyes open.

I went back to bed.

Now I'm ITTing while the Goomba vacuums for me.  ?

I’m glad you could crawl back to bed. That’s the nice thing about Saturdays.....

16 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I am so upset. (Well, not really, more like disappointed.....) I bought two cute little tops at The Afsa last night, just to wear around, you know, nothing big, but I loved the colors (one a smoky charcoal and the other a really pretty pinkish salmon type color) and they were cheap. I tried them on and they just made me look fat and dumpy. I couldn’t believe it. Must have been the cut or something.? I am taking them back.

I got the salmon one and the hippie purple one. It's the material. It's awful. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

It's because they came from AFSA. 

I tried on a couple maxi dresses at kohls the other day, but it was not a good look for me (prolly too old to arouse suspicions of pregnancy, but not taking the chance, lol). I used kohls cash to buy a new bed pillow instead. (Shopping is not the thrill it used to be, lol). 

• Like 3

I wish that I didn't have to force myself to do everything.  Roll out of bed in the morning?  Force myself to do it.  (My bladder helps force me.  ?  )

Pooper scoop?  Force myself to do it.  OK - probably everyone has to force themselves to do that.

Go for a walk with my friend?  Force myself to do it. 

Go to this graduation this morning for my friend?  Force myself to do it.

There is an achy component to everything I do.  I think that's why I don't want to do anything.  I want to be like the puppy who does everything with joyous abandon. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

12 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I tried on a couple maxi dresses at kohls the other day, but it was not a good look for me (prolly to old to arouse suspicions of pregnancy, but not taking the chance, lol). I used kohls cash to buy a new bed pillow instead. (Shopping is not the thrill it used to be, lol). 

That's supposed to be the joy of buying t-shirts though! They're supposed to look acceptable no matter what, not cling to your rolls and shout "Hey, look at me! I like donuts!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Slache said:

That's supposed to be the joy of buying t-shirts though! They're supposed to look acceptable no matter what, not cling to your rolls and shout "Hey, look at me! I like donuts!"

Truthfully, all t shirts are too short unless they're tunics, and then they're too long. 

5 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I wish that I didn't have to force myself to do everything.  Roll out of bed in the morning?  Force myself to do it.  (My bladder helps force me.  ?  )

Pooper scoop?  Force myself to do it.  OK - probably everyone has to force themselves to do that.

Go for a walk with my friend?  Force myself to do it. 

Go to this graduation this morning for my friend?  Force myself to do it.

There is an achy component to everything I do.  I think that's why I don't want to do anything.  I want to be like the puppy who does everything with joyous abandon. 

Jean, sometimes I think we must be sisters...

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I tried on a couple maxi dresses at kohls the other day, but it was not a good look for me (prolly too old to arouse suspicions of pregnancy, but not taking the chance, lol). I used kohls cash to buy a new bed pillow instead. (Shopping is not the thrill it used to be, lol). 

I know. And I should know better than to buy my clothes from there. But, as I said, I loved the colors and I just wanted somethIng new and i’ve Been spending so much $ lately it had to be cheap. I think Slashie is right, the fabric is carp. Bleh!!

• Like 1