Menu

Ignore this thread!

Just now, Susan in TN said:

Mt. Laundry has been dealt with.  Boxes have been flattened.  2/4 essays are written.  Paperwork is ready to go for tonight's various activities.

Dang, girl, did you burn it in the back yard? You did not have a mountain of laundry if it was dealt with that quickly in the usual way. Molehill, maybe, a small swale of laundry......but not a mountain.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Also, my hammock underquilt has won 1st Prize!  It fits and functions well; warm, simple to make and use, lightweight, and cheap.  

(By cheap, I mean it cost about $17 for the lightweight sleeping bag, cord, and 4 cincher things,  plus about 2 hours of work to put it together.  Most lightweight backpacking underquilts cost $65-175.)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

What?

Babiness.

6 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Secret Easter chocolate stash? Kittens?

No, thank goodness.

2 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Ok, query for those with autoimmune stuff......should I wait until I am well to get my inflammation marker labs done?  I'm still pretty well down with this cold--coughing like a chain smoking asthmatic in a pollen factory, but no fever.

---edited for grammar

Yes.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Dang, girl, did you burn it in the back yard? You did not have a mountain of laundry if it was dealt with that quickly in the usual way. Molehill, maybe, a small swale of laundry......but not a mountain.

You're right - probably closer to molehill size, though the boxes made everything look much bigger and more treacherous.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Prairie - I don't find anything anywhere that says that a cold virus would affect autoimmune markers.  And no doctor has ever asked about colds etc. when scheduling them (and I've had them don't many many times over the years.) 

Mine told me I had to wait.

38 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Prairie - I don't find anything anywhere that says that a cold virus would affect autoimmune markers.  And no doctor has ever asked about colds etc. when scheduling them (and I've had them done many many times over the years.) 

My doctors have been split on the point. I am sure my WBC is high at this point and the Sudafed, etc May be messing with my liver enzymes. I will put a call in to the nurse and see what this rheumy’s thoughts are. My previous rheumatologist said my cr-p would be up but not my sed if I was sick. I just don’t want to risk being targeted for a med switch if my real problem is that I have a cold and had to miss my immuno-suppressor injection.

It's time to go - I haven't heard back from Choir Boy's mom, so we will skip the visit and head straight to lessons.  The essays are more like  3 or 4 word paragraphs but they will have to do.  My kids will not likely ever be awarded a music lesson scholarship based on essay writing or personal charm.  :D

• Like 3

DD has a big lump on her neck all of the sudden. It's about where an adam's apple would be and hurts. Tell me it's a swollen lymph node and fine...but she's not sick and hasn't been sick. She has a doctor's appointment Thursday.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Oh and out of the blue a councilwoman has emailed to ask me to discuss the city's garbage contract with her.  Why?  I said that I would be open to meeting for coffee. 

Jeannie for President!! Vote ITT!!

just let me know when to start passing out the yard signs!!?

• Like 2

It’s actually a beautiful day out. I need to make lunch. Sigh!! I need staff!!

My Green beans are sprouting. And my kitty has appointed herself garden inspector. Every hole I dig she needs to personally inspect it for depth and strange odors.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, lanalouwho said:

The children have been properly schooled. Then I cracked the whip; now chores and showers have been completed as well. 

Weapon X is a 7 year old boy who has been acting very much like a 7 year old boy. It's aggravating me.

My fourteen year old boys have been very fourteen today. I have assigned them some hard physical labor. They griped, grumbled, and grouched, but they are working. 

• Like 3

I used to get kind of growly when dinner wasn't served around five or six. Today, I have dinner that I could make, but I seriously would have to start cooking now to be ready by six, and I notawanna. Notagonna either. People can eat leftovers.

ETA: Booyah! 

Notawanna, Notagonna

Notawanna, Notagonna,

Nope! Nope! Nope!

Notagonna cause I lackawanna...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paige said:

DD has a big lump on her neck all of the sudden. It's about where an adam's apple would be and hurts. Tell me it's a swollen lymph node and fine...but she's not sick and hasn't been sick. She has a doctor's appointment Thursday.

(((Paige's dd))) Glad you have an appointment for her.  It's probably a swollen lymph node.  Wish they could get her in quicker.  

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

It’s actually a beautiful day out. I need to make lunch. Sigh!! I need staff!!

My Green beans are sprouting. And my kitty has appointed herself garden inspector. Every hole I dig she needs to personally inspect it for depth and strange odors.

And...it’s snowing here.  Again.  I’m sure it won’t amount to much, but still.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Ahem!  Some of you are not taking this thread seriously!

Here, Ikslo, I'll share some grapes with you for your movie.  :-D

Well, I had to tackle Mt. Washmore and make dinner.... iTired. And grouchy. Don’t know where the grouchy came from.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Chapter 6 edited. As much as I appreciate the need to remove certain elements from my writing, I find the flow is somewhat compromised. I'll have to look and see what I can do about that.

Flow is very important. Keep the flow. But stay out of the seas.

obviously I have no idea what I am talking about, but Lynn was complaining about people Ignoring this Thread, so I just felt I needed to contribute something.

• Like 4