Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 minute ago, Tsuga said:

I hope it was the doggy that did not meet the standard.  (Just because... I don't know actually. I guess it doesn't really matter as it would be upsetting regardless.)

LOL yes.  Juliet scarfed down her breakfast like she hadn't eaten in a week and then up it came.  On the carpet I had just shampoo'd a few days ago.  This very old carpet is going to fall apart from all the shampooing it's getting! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Probable offending pet is in his kennel for the day.  My day will be shorter than normal, so he will be fine.

Oh my goodness, at first I read it as, your husband came home and pooped on the carpet... obviously that wouldn't be something you'd post so nonchalantly, but that was how the sentence read. Glad you followed up.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, AMJ said:

*delighted gasp*  It worked!!!!  Thank you!!!!

You're most welcome.  It made me quite happy the day I discovered that.  I don't remember if someone else told me or I figured it out on my own, but it was a glorious find, nonetheless.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AMJ said:

Not Whole30ing.  I had just picked one up from the grocery store the day before and didn't get it eaten the same day, so I ate it for breakfast the next morning.  It made a wonderful breakfast prior to running Dad to a medical appointment.  I want more.

Much to my dismay I have to severely limit my intake of cruciferous veggies now.  DH figured out my bouts of GI distress were from eating more than a normal kid-sized serving of such veggies at a time.    Wah.  I like cruciferous veggies!

I always wondered how you ate so many veggies.  I thought maybe you took bean-o or something.

5 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

In case y'all are looking for a book of campfire songs with ukulele chords, google "The Incredibly Big Little Book of Scouting and Campfire Songs"  - print it out double sided and fold in half and you've got an awesome little book that fits in your ukulele case.

#exactlywhatyouwerelookingfor

Thanks!  I'll keep this little tidbit for the next time someone asks me if I know where they can get a book of campfire songs with ukulele chords.  You're the best, Susan!  And don't let anyone tell you any different. <insert tophat emoji>

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Hm. I don't appear to have the word settings anywhere on my account page. 

For me, I go up to my profile name in the upper right, and choose:

Account Settings > Signature

The "account settings" is one option/step not two.

• Like 3

I decided to skip writers' meeting tonight. The chapter I planned to read needs a serious overhauling, and I'm still working out the details. So there's no sense in getting it critiqued when I already know it stinks. There's not anywhere near enough conflict, mad people yelling at each other, and magical fireworks going off to suit me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I wrote my 1000 words for the day, did a couple of critiques, and now it's time for the pot to quit calling the kettles black and go deal with her own thorny plot issues. I seriously need chocolate, something sweet to drink, and a hot soak in the bathtub after I deal with this chapter.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I've got junk in my trunk.....and apparently a lot of gunk in my gutters.

Has anyone else watched the Art of Argument dvds? I have a favorable impression of the female presenter but not so much by the adult males...

You have pinkeye?

I told DH I wanted some chocolate but there wasn't any in the house.

He said he'd go get some.

I said that was sweet, but I should probably try to survive without it.

He said I might survive without it, but he was worried about the rest of the household.

So I guess I get chocolate after all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Slache said:

You have pinkeye?

Lol, no.

I need to make a dump drop-off of plywood scraps and my gutters are clogged with debris from the trees.  I've been talking to a lot of roofers lately getting bids on reworking the gutters because they've got more issues than just needing to be cleaned.  We're going to finish taking care of our trees issue and then get our gutters and roof cleaned up and fixed.