Menu

Ignore this thread!

I make stock for soup when I'm in a good mood. I have learned the hard way that any broth I pour from the pot must be poured in the sink. My dutch oven is heavy, but the sad truth is I really don't like cleaning up my messes. So I try to make messes in a place where clean-up is easy.

• Like 1

Ed-Po! Drink more coffee! Avert your eyes!

I am compiling my to-buy list for summer and fall.

French-I want some comics in French for translation, and I want MP French 2, and an illustrated French Dictionary (there's one at the library I covet).

Latin-I want Winnie the Pooh and Harry Potter in Latin for fun translation.

Math-I want CLE 800 (have to order that like last week!) and Algebra. Also need to purchase Key to Algebra.

Writing-oddly enough, I think I'm set for fall, but I want CW Intermediate Poetry. 

Literature-also set, but I want MP Merchant of Venice because I love that play to death.

History-Probably get Human Odyssey 3 because the boys take HO 2 and I never can find it when it's time to plan for lessons. They love that book.

Science-Undecided. We need to finish our Physical Science this summer, and I'll think about something for biology and botany this fall.

Art-probably just more sketchbooks, but I have a drawing resource I want that is currently on clearance at the store. May pick it up on Thursday along with the sketchbooks. 

• Like 2

The husband tentatively looked at the cost of artificial greens last night. Here's where I faint. I think I'll just tell the boys that they can work on their chipping every day but putting is going to have to happen once a week at practice.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

He does mop his floor, but I do the kitchen on Tuesday. I told him this is the perfect time to learn to mix OJ in the sink where it belongs. Think before you sticky and all that. He was a pretty cantankerous chelonian when I called him in the second and the third time to redo his chore, but I do believe the sticky is gone now.

That deserves a trophy!

#nomoresticky

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

The husband tentatively looked at the cost of artificial greens last night. Here's where I faint. I think I'll just tell the boys that they can work on their chipping every day but putting is going to have to happen once a week at practice.

I must have food on my mind.  I was aghast that anyone would try artificial greens, wondering what kind of a salad that would make.

Time for more herbal tea, methinks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

See, now I think it would be cool to do the dirt-work, build a putting green, choose the grass, and make that a boy-landscape chore. However, I have been informed by DH, the golf guru, that my idea is not as cool as it sounds. Greens are hard work. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Critterfixer said:

See, now I think it would be cool to do the dirt-work, build a putting green, choose the grass, and make that a boy-landscape chore. However, I have been informed by DH, the golf guru, that my idea is not as cool as it sounds. Greens are hard work. 

Think of the experience, though, and how it would play out in interviews when your boys are older!  "Built and maintained putting green at uber-exclusive private country club"

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ikslo said:

I’m the only one up.  DS is sleeping.  DH is not here.  So he may be up.  I have no idea.    All my communication today has been on one device or another, as I’m working from home.  The only noise has been the microwave and the toilet, lol.

And the coffee pot?  I was sure you said the coffee pot.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I want to spend more time in the kayaks and the canoe this spring and summer. Maintaining a putting green might cut into my water time.

Now here is the real issue.  Must not cut into already-too-little water time.

I want some water time.  I need the weather to start cooperating with the family schedule.

• Like 1

This is the time of year when I wish I had a squillion dollars and could retire to a tiny stone house in the Ozarks above the Buffalo river, and spend my mornings writing and my afternoons messing about in boats. Oh, and host an ITT get together in the fall when the ticks and chiggers are in retreat, complete with good food, waterfalls, and lots of napping opportunities in sunlit rooms with soft curtains that move ever so gently in the October breeze.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I recently spotted a kayak that I need to add to the fleet. I love my canoe, but it's a heavy sucker, and I'm not interested in killing my back more than necessary. Must not die and all that.

Will you have a chance to sit on it and get a feel for it before buying it?  We bought a 2-seater a few years ago because it was a "good deal", but it proved to have too little leg room, especially in the back.  We ended up giving it to my much shorter SIL.

• Like 1

This is the time of year when I wish I had a squillion dollars and could retire to a tiny stone house in the Ozarks above the Buffalo river, and spend my mornings writing and my afternoons messing about in boats. Oh, and host an ITT get together in the fall when the ticks and chiggers are in retreat, complete with good food, waterfalls, and lots of napping opportunities in sunlit rooms with soft curtains that move ever so gently in the October breeze.

This is the time of year I wish I could afford tutors and taxi drivers, maids and chefs, and I could go sit on the beach alone.  (Oh, wait, that's all year long, lol.)

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

That sounds delightful. I’ll come, even though I’m not a real boaty person. But I’d be happy to learn. Navigo = I sail.

• Like 4

I probably ought to own a hundred acres and have a bigger stone house for the ITT retreat thing.

If you find the right property Lars says he'll build both the larger ITT retreat lodge and your smaller cabin.  Beaufort says he'll lay the gravel drive.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AMJ said:

Will you have a chance to sit on it and get a feel for it before buying it?  We bought a 2-seater a few years ago because it was a "good deal", but it proved to have too little leg room, especially in the back.  We ended up giving it to my much shorter SIL.

Yeah. Never buy a boat you don't sit in first.

ETA: Booyah!

If you're gonna buy a boat, sit in it first!

Don't go and spend the money,

If your fanny isn't comfy,

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

And the coffee pot?  I was sure you said the coffee pot.  

Ergo the microwave.  I nuked yesterday’s leftovers.  I know it’s not at all what a die-hard coffee drinker is supposed to do, but sue me. I like strong coffee and I don’t like to waste it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

What kind of seizure? 

I have no idea. Benign.

6 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Unhappy about the seizure, Slache. 

Me too! I'm exhausted now.

1 minute ago, prairiewindmomma said:

No bueno, Slache.  This is not new to you, right?

Not new and completely benign. I had my first one when I was like 11. I was likely having them long before that but that was the first one I had noticed.

4 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Yeah. Never buy a boat you don't sit in first.

ETA: Booyah!

Don't go and spend the money,

If your fanny isn't comfy,

I need the gut-bustin' laughin' guy emoji!

Now I need to sing that one to my kids.  Perhaps all the way to music lessons this afternoon....

• Like 1