Menu

Ignore this thread!

ETA: I am told it is my honor to say BOOYA now. I truly feel honored.

It is an honor. Some people.... certainly not moi... will post-pad like crazy to get a Booya/h. And of course, there's the whole "h" or "no-h", which, as we can all see, you have chosen which camp you will belong to. Some of us, tend to straddle the fence, on the "h" controversy, not wanting to offend either side.

• Like 2

I am trying to ketchup, but mustard and pickled. I did not sleep worth a durn last night. The raccoons started in on the feeder sometime around one in the morning. I was ready to wring some ring-tailed little critters when they never did settle down. Fought on and off all night.

Early bedtime for me tonight.

No rejections today.

• Like 5

I could not find Firefly, and I checked two libraries. Very little sci-fi and fantasy are available at the big library. I don't know why, but it stinks to be an adult fantasy fan, it really does.

I think Prairie is really pushing my speed-reading skills with Eye of the World. But it looks awesomely delicious, all 657 pages of epicness.

• Like 3

It is so worth it to put in a lot of time and effort in the beginning with both puppies and babies. I’m telling myself this because I am tired!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It so is. Since you'll likely have grandbabies within her lifetime I would like to make a suggestion. I always teach the command "go to bed", bed being determined my mom. This way if Juliet is bothering the baby you have somewhere to send her and you'll know where she is.

• Like 2

It so is. Since you'll likely have grandbabies within her lifetime I would like to make a suggestion. I always teach the command "go to bed", bed being determined my mom. This way if Juliet is bothering the baby you have somewhere to send her and you'll know where she is.

We use the command “crate†or “go to your crate†but I agree.

• Like 4

ETA: I am told it is my honor to say BOOYA now. I truly feel honored.

Wow! This thread is a commitment! I posted only 7 hours ago, and already it's onto the next page with comments.

Hope you're not annoyed if I say I have not idea what that is. :laugh: However, I live in South Africa, and over here the most common variety of tomato is called a "jam" tomato, and some people actually do make jam with it. Someone gave me a jar once. Do you have jam tomatoes in America? I am American, and my mom does grow tomatoes every year in her garden, but I don't remember ever hearing of these. They are not round, more oblong and oval.

"A. Meyer" Lemon tree. I didn't know there was a lemon tree named after me. :) When life gives you lemons...

You get 50,000 points for making me laugh. Thanks!

Nicely done Booya!

Now I know what to name my lemon tree! Amy :)

I wonder if a "jam tomato" is like a Roma - often used for sauces and things because it's more fleshy and less seedy/juicy? They are shaped like a big, long egg.

• Like 3

Everything is picked up and I am eating gluten. I worked out, showered, folded laundry and washed the sheets. Matt's off to help Cambodian friend with taxes. He's in trouble. Matt helped him fill out his W-4 but another friend had him change it so his checks would be bigger. Now he owes $2,000 which he doesn't have and his friend said all he has to do is claim such and such in gambling losses. Cambodian friend has brain damage and can't understand why this is a bad idea. We should really take him with us to Indiana.

Oh, and there's no job for Matt waiting so we're not sure what to do from here. We were told he was 99% sure he could pull it off, but no.

(((Slache))) :(

• Like 1

Determinate = bushy and indeterminate = viny, if I have it correct.  I try to remember that determinates decided to stay put and indeterminates are still waffling and wandering about.

Mostly I talk to MIL, trying to drop hints about what she might plant and grow, and then just eat whatever she grows and cares to share.

I thought it also had something to do with it's yield, and when it stops producing fruit.

• Like 2

I could not find Firefly, and I checked two libraries. Very little sci-fi and fantasy are available at the big library. I don't know why, but it stinks to be an adult fantasy fan, it really does.

I think Prairie is really pushing my speed-reading skills with Eye of the World. But it looks awesomely delicious, all 657 pages of epicness.

It's the first of 15 books in a series if you like it.  :)

• Like 2

Indeterminate tomatoes are very viney. They go everywhere and you have to prune them to keep them in bounds. Determinate tomatoes vine to a certain length and they stop there. There are some varieties that are somewhere in between. Cherokee Purple is listed as an indeterminate, but that sucker doesn't make a very long vine. I think of it as semi-determinate. Something like Patano Romanesco will take over your life if you let it.

Supposedly, determinates crop all at once and indeterminates are more spread out, but I've not noticed much of a difference myself. 

• Like 2

Dh is  :001_tt1:  :001_tt1:  :001_tt1:  :001_tt1: .  He helped me take my vacuum in to be serviced (cleaned, new belt, new beater bar), bought me a handheld vacuum so that the children can clean the stairs themselves, hung a wall-mounted drying rack in the laundry room, and is otherwise making my life much much easier as a homemaker. 

• Like 9

I guess a good example would be Terry Brooks. I liked Shanarra.

I loved Magic Kingdom for Sale-Sold.

The difference? I had a single main character who I cared about and wanted to succeed. It wasn't a team effort thing.

I also loved Running With The Demon. Probably one of the last series (outside of Harry Potter) where I had to have every book.

ETA: It's an Own-All-The-Books Booyah!

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 4

Quote of the Day for me:

"Perhaps the contemplation of a pair of Carolina wrens or a cardinal singing in the top of a white oak tree, or of a wildflower growing in a sun-drenched field, is not enough to cure the madness which is leading surely toward man's self-imposed destruction. Perhaps, on the other hand, it may lead some of us back to an understanding of eternal verities--both natural and spiritual--in which alone lies our salvation."

Leonard Hall

• Like 3

Hey all,

There's a cool homeschool activity that you can do with tomatoes and potatoes that I read about once in a garden book. Basically you drill a hole in potato and then pop a tomato seedling into the hole and plant the whole thing. The book said that the roots of the tomato will run through the the potato and start growing more potatoes for you. I don't know if it works but it sounds really cool.

• Like 12

Ah. Thank you. In my defense, I didn't know it was the top of the page. Or does that make me even more stupid? :leaving:

Welcome! FWIW, I'm a little uncomfortable hitting the booya/h. It goes against my repressed protestant upbringing to make a scene and it feels so attention grabby. I will avoid the booya/h spot. And then I'd have to pick an h or no h side?? Too much pressure!

• Like 9

I have been in quite a bit of pain today.   :(

I helped dd15 make lunch and I could barely stand.  I told her that the barometer was probably falling.  When I checked weather later, I confirmed that fact.

I have a feeling I'm not going to sleep well tonight, so if you see me posting here at weird times tonight, you'll know why.

I'm trying to distract myself, so I put a pile of high school English and history resources on my bed.  I might as well do something productive.

I also borrowed a movie from the library, so I might watch that.  (Finding Neverland -- it's part of the 1900's study with dd15 and dd13.)

• Like 1

((Junie))) I wish we could move to somewhere like Arizona or Hawaii where I imagine the temps are fairly constant and the air pressure is steadier. I think it would help DD's muscles and joints too.

My relative up the river actually wrote me back and quickly. I was super surprised. I'm going to try to write once a week.

I made black bean soup tonight and it was awesome even though everyone else thought I was poisoning them. They are missing out. 

After about 6 weeks of a diet change and drastically increased exercise, my little doggy has only lost 0.2lbs.  :svengo: It's so hard! 

Sorry I've been out of the loop for a few days. Hugs for Mary and Dad and everyone else! Love to puppies!!

• Like 8