Menu

Ignore this thread!

I adored my maternal grandparents. My grandma never fed us junk food, but was an awesome cook. Her cinnamon rolls were to die for. My grandpa would take us out on the tractor with him when he’d go in the vineyards. And they had a swimming pool and Grandpa would go get a big old bunch of grapes and sit by the side of the pool and throw grapes in for my cousins and me to go diving for.

• Like 7

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I adored my maternal grandparents. My grandma never fed us junk food, but was an awesome cook. Her cinnamon rolls were to die for. My grandpa would take us out on the tractor with him when he’d go in the vineyards. And they had a swimming pool and Grandpa would go get a big old bunch of grapes and sit by the side of the pool and throw grapes in for my cousins and me to go diving for.

That sounds heavenly.

My maternal grandma had a sprinkler and orange creamsicles in the freezer. Good enough. :D She is still alive but getting old.

• Like 4

I talked to my mom today for over an hour with the video chat on Facebook messenger. She thought Gymnast was 5, lol! She was showing me around the property, her garden, her dog (German shepherd), and where they put up a greenhouse. She showed me the light post my dad had put up back when it was $80, and not the 300 it is today. She also showed me where I could put a house. I'm thinking modular.

• Like 6

I wonder if my cat could be periodically a bit OCD?  This morning she was yowling to be let out.  I opened the door to let her out, but she didn't go through.  When I shut the door it didn't quite close correctly so I opened it to close it again and my cat went right out as soon as it was open again.  Just my luck to have a cat developing a need for multiple door openings before she will go through.

• Like 3

I reiterate: you need a headset. One that doesn't fit right doesn't count. Your dd also doesn't need to watch 2 hours of French. So, you need both. :D

The shopping and trying different headsets is the problem.  Yet another chore to do.  Lots of stuff like that is on hold until after we get Dad moved.  Once that's done we will assess next needs all around and start establishing routines for our new normal and coming up with plans for tackling stuff.

Whelmed Booya(h).

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 3

And a fried egg!

(That's what the fancy places are doing.)

When we next go see Grandma B. in Farmington I'll be pushing to go to lunch at a certain beer and burger joint there.  Last time I took a risk on a rather interesting sounding burger, their TKO burger.  It's never the same from day to day -- they have a gourmet burger chef who likes to experiment.  It.  Was.  AWESOME!  I can't remember what-all was on it, but there was a not-to-spicy aioli sauce, apple sauce, and other really interesting toppings.  I texted a picture of the menu description to a certain BIL of mine and set off his carnivore jealousy.  I have GOT to go have another go at the TKO!

• Like 4

And bacon!! And American cheese.

I liked this for the bacon.  I have found I'm not that crazy about cheese on my burger, unless it's something like Blue Cheese or Gorgonzola.

• Like 3

Pb is banned from our house.

We tried sun butter - not the same.

I do not like avocados.

Burgers do not last long here, either.

DS lives cold cut sandwiches with cheese and lettuce. He also loves grilled cheese.

I grew up eating wheat bread. I still prefer it over wonder white. But a really good Italian bread or French bread are my faves now.

Rosemary and olive oil bread is nice, too.  As are olive baguettes.   :drool5:

• Like 2

I hope you got some sleep, Renai.

I'm off to see to see the surgeon...I'll tell you how it went after the drugs wear off.

Good luck, Critter!  Break a leg!  Oh, wait, don't do that.  That's for stage work!  Heal quickly!

• Like 5

DD13 is wiped out today with girl issues.  I told her class time today will be very light and we can hold it in her room so she can stay lounging on her bed.  I'll text Sensei a bit later to let him know she won't be coming to Aikido tonight.

I have a couple of lists of things to get done today, so we will see how much I accomplish.  Time for breakfast, and I need to remember to call Dad.  Have a good day, everyone!

• Like 4

DD13 is wiped out today with girl issues. I told her class time today will be very light and we can hold it in her room so she can stay lounging on her bed. I'll text Sensei a bit later to let him know she won't be coming to Aikido tonight.

!

Hugs for your DD. Girl issues are butt; especially when you are 13!

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Tuesday!!😩

Rain!!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧💕💕💕

((Critter)) hope all goes well, will be standing by for updates.

This morning is the first morning i’ve Woken up in the past 5 days feeling relatively normal. I think the horse pills are finally kicking in.

• Like 6

DD13 is wiped out today with girl issues.  I told her class time today will be very light and we can hold it in her room so she can stay lounging on her bed.  I'll text Sensei a bit later to let him know she won't be coming to Aikido tonight.

I have a couple of lists of things to get done today, so we will see how much I accomplish.  Time for breakfast, and I need to remember to call Dad.  Have a good day, everyone!

Hugs for your DD. Girl issues are butt; especially when you are 13!

I used to play hooky for girl issues and I was pretty darn goody two shoes.

girl issues are butt. I remember as a teenager they would completely wipe me out, too. Hugs for her.
  • Like 2

Good morning! Dinner in the crockpot. I was going to kettlebell but my back is twingy so I’m bouncing on the trampoline instead. For you hungry bibliophiles, one of my favorite profs just published a new book that is sureto be interesting (though not pc).

https://www.amazon.com/Saints-vs-Scoundrels-Debating-Questions/dp/1682780287

Ok, that looks like an interesting book.
  • Like 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Tuesday!!😩

Rain!!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧💕💕💕

((Critter)) hope all goes well, will be standing by for updates.

This morning is the first morning i’ve Woken up in the past 5 days feeling relatively normal. I think the horse pills are finally kicking in.

:hurray:  :hurray:   Hooray for feeling better!

• Like 2

DD16 is dragging a bit today, too, and is rather melodramatic as well.  Perhaps she is due to start.  It would be nice to have it over and done with by the time we go to Colorado next week.

I mentioned to Dad today that I want to bring DD16 with me.  He's fine with that, and her coming along might also help calm his worries somewhat.  This morning he was talking about making my "next trip" an "interim trip" (meaning I come back a third time before he moves) because he thinks he can't get it all done in time.  I told him my plan was to stay until the job is done, and with DD16 along I think he now feels like this is more likely to actually get done.

I made sure to tell her that her Grandpa J. is happy she's coming.

I'm getting a few things sorted and then will go deliver stuff (bedding) to Dad's new apartment and visit Trader Joe's afterwards.

Just keep doin'

Just keep doin'

Just keep doin' doin' doin'....

• Like 4

I hate American health care. 

Received an email for a new program where you get a free Fitbit.  So I tried to sign up, but was told I don't qualify, because I'm healthy.  So only the people who are unhealthy get the nice things/benefits.  :glare:  It's discriminatory, I tell ya!

• Like 8

If it doesn’t have a tail it’s not a monkey.

Even if it had a monkey kind of shape.

If it doesn’t have a tail it’s not a monkey, if it doesn’t have a tail it’s not a monkey, it’s an ape.

This EdPo is brought to you courtesy of Larry the Cucumber.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 7

I wonder if my cat could be periodically a bit OCD? This morning she was yowling to be let out. I opened the door to let her out, but she didn't go through. When I shut the door it didn't quite close correctly so I opened it to close it again and my cat went right out as soon as it was open again. Just my luck to have a cat developing a need for multiple door openings before she will go through.

All cats are OCD. It is not a bug. It is a feature.

• Like 8

Sometimes I wonder why we let our cat live.  (Well, except for the fact that we love him to pieces.)  Yesterday he somehow knocked my pillboxes into the kitchen sink and half of them burst open, spilling the contents and ruining them.  So today  I'm trying to piece together which of the twenty pills are missing in what box.  Arrrgh.  He's lucky he's so cute and fuzzy. . .   

• Like 6

Sometimes I wonder why we let our cat live.  (Well, except for the fact that we love him to pieces.)  Yesterday he somehow knocked my pillboxes into the kitchen sink and half of them burst open, spilling the contents and ruining them.  So today  I'm trying to piece together which of the twenty pills are missing in what box.  Arrrgh.  He's lucky he's so cute and fuzzy. . .   

Our inside kitty is quiet, well-mannered, comes when she's called, and follows the rules.  For reals.

Do you think she might be an alien in disguise, biding her time, hiding out at my house, and plotting to take over Planet Earth? kitten-exclaim-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 7

Good morning! Dinner in the crockpot. I was going to kettlebell but my back is twingy so I’m bouncing on the trampoline instead. For you hungry bibliophiles, one of my favorite profs just published a new book that is sureto be interesting (though not pc).

https://www.amazon.com/Saints-vs-Scoundrels-Debating-Questions/dp/1682780287

I don't think I'm smart enough to read that.   :svengo:

• Like 1

The shopping and trying different headsets is the problem.  Yet another chore to do.  Lots of stuff like that is on hold until after we get Dad moved.  Once that's done we will assess next needs all around and start establishing routines for our new normal and coming up with plans for tackling stuff.

Whelmed Booya(h).

Whether you get it now or wait for more important duties to be completed is not the point. You said you couldn't do a thing because of noise on the tv. The solution is headphones. Sometimes, there is a simple solution that we haven't thought of yet because of more pressing issues. I didn't know if that was already on your mile-long list or not. I just wanted to provide that simple solution for you.

• Like 2

Our inside kitty is quiet, well-mannered, comes when she's called, and follows the rules.  For reals.

Do you think she might be an alien in disguise, biding her time, hiding out at my house, and plotting to take over Planet Earth? kitten-exclaim-smiley-emoticon.gif

Yes.

• Like 1

I opened the coat closet to look inside briefly, and my cat went right in.  She ignored me, so I shut the door.  A minute later I gave her an opportunity to come out, and she ignored me, so I closed the door again.

A few minutes later I decided to let her out again.  Okay, FINE, I'll come out.  But just because you STILL aren't trained to keep the doors open for me.  Will you never learn?!?

• Like 4

Whether you get it now or wait for more important duties to be completed is not the point. You said you couldn't do a thing because of noise on the tv. The solution is headphones. Sometimes, there is a simple solution that we haven't thought of yet because of more pressing issues. I didn't know if that was already on your mile-long list or not. I just wanted to provide that simple solution for you.

Thanks.  It's been on my list before, DH would buy me headphones, they wouldn't quite work for me (shades of immature royalty and legumes here), and I'd give up on the idea.  I've taken over the TV most of the time instead, as a work-around.  Part of my deal is they also have to be noise-cancelling, or I'll go nuts trying to determine what I'm hearing aside from the sounds of whatever I'm doing.  I have always been noise-distractable, and motherhood cranked up the power on that to the nth degree.

• Like 3