Menu

Ignore this thread!

I think I need a vacation. But I couldn't go anywhere if I wanted to.

Yes, but if Rocco and Roderigo snuck up behind you and threw a bag over your head and dragged you off to the ITT chopper and high-tailed it to the ITT Island, well then, there's not much you can do about that.

and then you could join me and Susan as we sit and drink COFFEE with real cream and eat something and watch other things.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 8

Okay. Back from extended chores. Picked a mess of okra to cut up and eat tonight. Now to write for a while, then sort stuff on the bed, then write for a while, sort stuff on the bed and so forth. Until it's time to make dinner and do chores again.

So. . . you like okra?  Isn't it supposed to be slimey or something?

Signed - a non-Southern girl

• Like 2

Yes, but if Rocco and Roderigo snuck up behind you and threw a bag over your head and dragged you off to the ITT chopper and high-tailed it to the ITT Island, well then, there's not much you can do about that.

That's about the way it would have to go down, too. :lol:

• Like 2

and then you could join me and Susan as we sit and drink COFFEE with real cream and eat something and watch other things.

I like this plan!

Um...yeah. And it is slimy. But if you fry it well, and if you have a variety that isn't too heavy on the slime factor, it's pretty good.

I have had okra that was good, but I'm not brave enough to try cooking it myself.

• Like 2

Wrote a shade over 1800 words today. But I'm at a good stopping place (end of a chapter) and so I think I'll call that good for today. :001_smile: Okra is frying and smelling very like okra should smell. Blondies are out of the oven and look delicious. Potatoes are baking. I have steaks to sear and bake for dinner.

And DH came home and took off again to get the lawnmower to mow. Sigh. I suspect he'll be warming up food to eat after all of us are done eating. That lawn is scary long out there!

• Like 4

I had grand plans about all the things I would accomplish whilst childless.

I do this from time to time. Then when the house gets quiet, I get restless and wander around looking for things to do so that I don't miss my boys. It's kind of disconcerting. I like being alone, and I like writing with my music turned up, and eating when I feel like it and cleaning without having to deal with interruptions, but I do feel a little lost and distracted when my boys are not around. 

• Like 4

Had Celery decide whether he wanted to try the first episode of English Grammar Boot Camp, or How To Be a Superstar Student (Great Courses). He went with the latter, and seemed to think the multiple intelligences thing was pretty interesting. Broccoli watched Magic School Bus while we did that. Then had a play date at the park, where Broccoli fell into a fountain courtesy of Celery (hey, at least he didn't knock one of the other kids in), then went to yet another library, then TKD, now home. Still need to make kids do typing practice. 

• Like 4

Augh. How many times do I have to say that after high school is college, and then grad school??????

Celery just made a comment about being done after high school. So, I walked him through the "you need tertiary education if you want to make more than a pittance" talk again. I'm pretty sure I've done that talk pretty thoroughly, multiple times by now. Every single time life after high school is mentioned, I mention college and then grad school. When will it sink in?  :banghead:

• Like 1

FTR, he doesn't necessarily have to go to grad school. But some form of tertiary education is a must. I figure it's easier to mention grad school each time and then in the end he doesn't go that far, than to have to adjust to that thought later. 

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 4

Oh, and just a couple of months ago he was talking about wanting to be a mathematician or math professor, so I walked him through the whole PhD, post-doc, associate professor etc rigmarole. Sigh. 

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 1

:seeya:   Home from the swim meet.  It wasn't as chaotic / crazy-making as I expected.  We got rained on, but it never thundered.  Nice to be home!  Most of us are hanging out together with the puppy, listening to music, and some are playing cards.  Cozy.  

But I'm still glad to join Krissi, Susan, and Critter on the ITT island for coffee with real cream in it (tea for Critter).  Sounds like JJM needs to join us too!  

Slache, how are you feeling?

• Like 4

My mom used to make these tasty openfaced spam sandwiches - spam and mayo and poppyseeds and swiss cheese and I'm not sure what else. Broiled for a bit in the oven. I have never personally bought spam, but if we ever have a Monty Python marathon, it will have to be on the menu. :D

Thunderstorm's a'comin.

• Like 3

And that is all my energy for the day. Time to take more ibuprofen for my aching arms and shoulders and take my one shower of the day. Then I will read and relax for a while.

I was at Barnes & Noble yesterday buying a card and gift for my Dad and I discovered there's a new Michael Crichton book out -- Dragon Teeth.  I bought it, of course, and read it all yesterday.  Now I can pass it on to FIL....

• Like 3

So we have a trip coming up of nearly two weeks in length.  It is to someplace with decidedly different climate, someplace I have been before but not this time of year and of the rest of us only FIL had been there before.  I have planned on doing laundry halfway through the trip (there will be ample opportunity), and have planned according to the multitudinous weather info for where we are going AND the online advice from others who have made this trip.

On our usual road trips I usually plan in laundry at strategic points during the trip -- it lessens the amount of luggage we have to contend with, and makes sure we have appropriate clothing ready for whatever comes without having to pack 3 sets of clothes per day to cover the possibilities.  I am using this same very helpful planning and packing strategy now.

DH did a "test pack" of one suitcase last night, packing clothing that is NOT the same as the clothing he will need to pack for the trip.  He packed smaller, thinner clothing.  He now thinks we have enough room to pack clothing for every day of the trip without doing laundry part-way through, and was pushing encouraging me to do just that.

I told him I do not have enough of the appropriate clothes to pack a change for every day of the trip, so I will still have to do laundry part-way through.

Stop changing my hard-thought-out plans on me as time grows short, dang it!  I know what I am doing, so trust me on this!

• Like 6

I'm awake. I plan to have my usual cup of tea and take a shower. Because in Thailand they take three showers a day in hot weather, dang it, and I can do the same!

Art this morning, extended chores, and the usual quota of housekeeping and writing planned. I have to work in the morning. And Saturday morning. Then I'll crash on Sunday, try to recover and do it all again on Monday.

However, Monday the boys have an appointment at the dentist, and then we will all go pick peaches. That's going to be a four shower day.

• Like 6