Menu

Ignore this thread!

Junior, did you daughter finish Beast3 yet? Just wondering how far along she got.

LOL - autowrong. That was Junie, not Junior!!!

:)

No, we haven't finished it.  

Beast is a bit too hard for her to read on her own and I haven't felt well enough to do it with her.  Her math skills seem to have hit a wall, so I'm just trying to reinforce what she's already learned.  

I think most of my kids have read the comic books, though.

• Like 1

:)

No, we haven't finished it.

Beast is a bit too hard for her to read on her own and I haven't felt well enough to do it with her. Her math skills seem to have hit a wall, so I'm just trying to reinforce what she's already learned.

I think most of my kids have read the comic books, though.

Good. Because we're not done with 4 yet! :LOL:

• Like 1

Is anyone following the Michelle Carter trial?

Nope.  Too depressing.  I'll just hide out here and be glad that my kid is homeschooled.  (There have been something like 4 suicides at our local high school in the last 2 years.  So they have these stupid, pithy little statements painted on the school walls [You matter!  Be kind!], but no one intervenes when students behave like nasty little sh!ts.  Not a topic that I need to marinate in, ya know?)

I don't even know what I'd want to happen in the case.  Have you been following it, ikslo?  (sorry, didn't mean to ignore you with my tangent.)

(ETA:  My former-lawyer brain does find it interesting, though. Just really, really sad.)

Edited by JoJosMom
  • Like 1

I just swallowed a cherry pit. Am I going to die? I'm going to die. It's been nice knowing you all.

No, but you might poop a cherry tree.

Junior, did you daughter finish Beast3 yet? Just wondering how far along she got.

LOL - autowrong. That was Junie, not Junior!!!

I didn't remember you becoming a grandmother.

Jinx!  You beat me to it! :laugh:

:coolgleamA:

I think that just became my new favorite word:  Sproinging.  :001_wub:

I KNOW RIGHT!
  • Like 1

Nope. Too depressing. I'll just hide out here and be glad that my kid is homeschooled. (There have been something like 4 suicides at our local high school in the last 2 years. So they have these stupid, pithy little statements painted on the school walls [You matter! Be kind!], but no one intervenes when students behave like nasty little sh!ts. Not a topic that I need to marinate in, ya know?)

I don't even know what I'd want to happen in the case. Have you been following it, ikslo? (sorry, didn't mean to ignore you with my tangent.)

(ETA: My former-lawyer brain does find it interesting, though. Just really, really sad.)

I knew the kid's father in high school, although not really well. He was a senior when I was a freshman. I never cared for him, but I was still sad to hear of his son's suicide. The whole story is just so sad.

ETA: I'm not sure what I think the outcome of the case should be, either, what with the legal ramifications of case law - even though I find what she did despicable.

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 2

Maybe. How do you feel about drinking cranberry juice? For me if I drink it at the first signs I can usually fend off the UTI. I drink several glasses a day for a few days.

I'm fine with cranberry juice, but I need to find some without a lot of sugar and carbs That's the problem.

I'm fine with cranberry juice, but I need to find some without a lot of sugar and carbs That's the problem.

Do cranberry supplements still have a lot of sugar/carbs?

It's a berries help the burn Booyah!

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 1

Do cranberry supplements still have a lot of sugar/carbs?

It's a berries help the burn Booyah!

That I will check into.

I just bought some supplement from Amazon.

Tart cherry juice is supposed to be even better. Like all juice, it has sugar, but you could probably dilute 2 or 3 ounces for way more bang for your carb buck. So to speak.

I will have to look into that as well.
  • Like 2

A week on ITT Island would be even better. Let's all go. For Krissi.

Hear hear!!! I think it would make me feel a lot better to spend a week recuperating in ITT Island with all my friends. So, I'll call up Rocco and Roderigo to fire up the chopper and pick everyone up.
  • Like 6