Menu

Ignore this thread!

I need a word to describe this. Not sure what it is. It's not really burn out. It's not really a February thing. It's when there have been enough disruptions to the regular routine that you can no longer count on the routine to carry you through the natural resistance to progress. On top of that, motivation to be productive is somewhat reduced. And because you see more disruptions looming, you sort of feel like you're in waiting mode. All of this together is contributing to a big "don't wanna." (Coupled with that is the occasional impulse to eat something to see if it will kick start my energy. Not good. Not good at all.) Does this have a name?

Spring fever + schedule interruptions? (((Lynn)))

I am hanging in there by dabbling in a couple enjoyable "planning projects" - end of year gift books and dd18's senior trip to NYC. I like planning. :D

• Like 4

:grouphug: :grouphug: Could your DH help you take a shallow/sponge bath and avoid getting the wound wet? Hair salon for a hair washing? (I was almost to the point of doing that while my knee hurt because washing hair in our shower while standing on a gimpy knee was challenging.)

I gave myself a wet-wipe bath and fresh chonies this morning. I would love to go to the salon!! But I will attempt the kitchen sink later this afternoon. The pamphlet I got says 48 hours to wait before getting the incision wet, so that is tomorrow at 10:30. 😜😜
  • Like 3

I need a word to describe this. Not sure what it is. It's not really burn out. It's not really a February thing. It's when there have been enough disruptions to the regular routine that you can no longer count on the routine to carry you through the natural resistance to progress. On top of that, motivation to be productive is somewhat reduced. And because you see more disruptions looming, you sort of feel like you're in waiting mode. All of this together is contributing to a big "don't wanna." (Coupled with that is the occasional impulse to eat something to see if it will kick start my energy. Not good. Not good at all.) Does this have a name?

I would say this is your chance to make up a new word. And Critter can conjugate it for you!!😆
  • Like 6

I think I may have seen a bluebird yesterday. It was smallish and very solid blue on the back and the breast looked white (though I was in the van driving by it, so couldn't see it for long. Definitely not a bluejay. I've never seen a bluebird irl.

Also, I took the online English grammar test and got a perfect score. After 12 years of teaching Rod & Staff English, it would be shameful if I didn't at least do pretty well. :D

• Like 7

Of course with art class still on the nasty weather cells decided to reach our area and drive route just as we are supposed to head out to get to class.  It's going to be an interesting day.

I think I may have seen a bluebird yesterday. It was smallish and very solid blue on the back and the breast looked white (though I was in the van driving by it, so couldn't see it for long. Definitely not a bluejay. I've never seen a bluebird irl.

Also, I took the online English grammar test and got a perfect score. After 12 years of teaching Rod & Staff English, it would be shameful if I didn't at least do pretty well. :D

I saw a bluebird a few days ago.  :)

Other things that have made me smile this week:

The Gettysburg soundtrack

dd6 reading The Little Red Hen

stormclouds with just a little bit of wind

• Like 5

I need a word to describe this.  Not sure what it is.  It's not really burn out.  It's not really a February thing.  It's when there have been enough disruptions to the regular routine that you can no longer count on the routine to carry you through the natural resistance to progress.  On top of that, motivation to be productive is somewhat reduced.  And because you see more disruptions looming, you sort of feel like you're in waiting mode.  All of this together is contributing to a big "don't wanna."  (Coupled with that is the occasional impulse to eat something to see if it will kick start my energy.  Not good.  Not good at all.)  Does this have a name?

Motherhood?

:lol:   No wonder I'm so bad at it.   :smilielol5:

Malais.

Doldrums.

Limbo.

Off track and careening across country.

Dark night up a creek with no paddle or light.

Really, we are there with you.  You have described our past some months rather well -- it seems to be the overriding challenge of this school year.

Yes, those are good words!

Spring fever + schedule interruptions? (((Lynn)))

I am hanging in there by dabbling in a couple enjoyable "planning projects" - end of year gift books and dd18's senior trip to NYC. I like planning. :D

Planning - yes, planning is always fun.  

I would say this is your chance to make up a new word. And Critter can conjugate it for you!!😆

Great idea!  Better yet, I bet Critter will have a good word for us when she gets here!  

• Like 6

My part of school is done for the day. I have also taken care of the FGS. I need to empty the vacuum and switch the filter. Go me! I am splurging on dinner at the church tonight, because they are having Greek. Wednesday night church dinner is the only place I can feed my whole family "out" for $20. :hurray:

• Like 7

Hello. I went laking. I was going to go down to the mountain where my novel is set and hang out. But it looked like I might have thunderstorms and hail for company if I did, so I rescheduled that and took the boys out to a quiet lake for kayaking this morning. 

I don't know quite what I'd call that feeling, Lynn. Rudderless, maybe. Being driven by the events instead of being able to plan for them and anticipate what you need. It's a very frustrating feeling. 

• Like 6

I just received a shipping notification that the company that I used to worked for that tempted me back to apply for a part-time position is shipping a new computer and monitor to me.

Do you think that means I got the job?

They shipped it before officially offering you the job? What if you decide to turn them down?
  • Like 2

Youngest dd: "Mom, my imaginary friend is not here today!"

Me: "Why not? Where is she?"

Youngest DD: "She had to go to Mexico!"

"You liar" (chimes in other sister) " you said she had a doctor's appointment"

Sometimes I wonder just how firm a grasp on reality we really have around here.

• Like 12

I just received a shipping notification that the company that I used to worked for that tempted me back to apply for a part-time position is shipping a new computer and monitor to me.

Do you think that means I got the job?

Hmm! I guess you have your answer.
  • Like 2

:smilielol5:

• Like 3

I need a word to describe this.  Not sure what it is.  It's not really burn out.  It's not really a February thing.  It's when there have been enough disruptions to the regular routine that you can no longer count on the routine to carry you through the natural resistance to progress.  On top of that, motivation to be productive is somewhat reduced.  And because you see more disruptions looming, you sort of feel like you're in waiting mode.  All of this together is contributing to a big "don't wanna."  (Coupled with that is the occasional impulse to eat something to see if it will kick start my energy.  Not good.  Not good at all.)  Does this have a name?

ennui?

perimenopause?

(not that I am experiencing either...)

:leaving:

• Like 7

:D Priceless!

• Like 4

Renai, what were you doing scrubbing bones in the middle of the night? What bones and why did they need scrubbing?

I left them in the bleach too long so I woke up, and after about 20 minutes decided to get up and scrub all the extra meat off of them. They are chicken bones to be used in a dinosaur dig. 

I usually put them all in plaster for the kids to dig out, but the teacher I'm working with is only giving the dinosaur study two weeks. Thus, the bones will be placed in the sand table tomorrow (end of first week). I think I will still add some plaster strategically to hold certain pieces together though.

• Like 6

I cancelled our speech therapy appointments today. But....The rain went away and it is beautiful outside now. So I have no excuse not to go to karate tonight. I'm going to have to pantz.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

*sigh*  I just got back from arting.  Now I want to avoid dance lessons.  I wonder if I can convincingly plead my knee?

• Like 2

Hello. I went laking. I was going to go down to the mountain where my novel is set and hang out. But it looked like I might have thunderstorms and hail for company if I did, so I rescheduled that and took the boys out to a quiet lake for kayaking this morning. 

I don't know quite what I'd call that feeling, Lynn. Rudderless, maybe. Being driven by the events instead of being able to plan for them and anticipate what you need. It's a very frustrating feeling. 

Rudderless is a good word for it.

• Like 1

They shipped it before officially offering you the job? What if you decide to turn them down?

There is a part of my brain that is tempted by this thought.  Not to be greedy; just to be difficult.

• Like 1

Isn't the doctor in Mexico?  Maybe doing a housecall for another imaginary friend?

• Like 5

I have decided that we will now be doing karate on Tues/Thurs instead of Mon/Wed. This has everything to do with earlier class times and getting home at a decent hour, and absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I don't want to pantz today.😜

• Like 4

I have decided that we will now be doing karate on Tues/Thurs instead of Mon/Wed. This has everything to do with earlier class times and getting home at a decent hour, and absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I don't want to pantz today.😜

Sounds like a great plan.

Someone from Park Day suggested we start and end it 30 min to an hour later than we are, because some people are having trouble getting to Park Day on time as it is.  I responded that I'm okay either way, though starting and ending later would carry the added benefit of having us come through numerous school zones AFTER car line has died down.

Such a slacker! I mean really - working 17 jobs and all...

I have my part-time job. They want me to work a week in each class instead of two days a week in each class each week. This week, one of the teachers decided to do dinosaurs and she knew I had a bunch of info. I've basically planned half the activities for the two week study. Most times, my dinosaur study has lasted a month, more or less, depending on the students I had.

I let go of the volunteer Spanish I Monday/Wednesday. Attendance was down to 2 or 3 students per class. There are two other teachers offering different times, so I figured they could attend there. Sometimes people don't take things seriously when they're free. I'm still offering my conversation class on Wednesdays, though, and uploading most of the information for each chapter for the Spanish I class.

Not that I'm not working on other classes. I'll be teaching a Story Time or Circle Time class every Monday, and most Fridays, until the end of May. I still need to write up parent notes for some of these. Sometimes I don't know what I want to tell parents until after I've had the class though. I also want to turn these parent notes into a study unit that can be used apart from the live classes. I'm not sure yet how to do that. And there's other things I want to write. Because, apparently, I can write nothing creatively, only academic stuff.

See, this is the reason I wrote the other day that there is a lot I want to do, but my job gets in the way.

I know, right? I just can't believe it. Educational neglect and all.

I know right? Actually, Gymnast has done so little school. I keep telling people that kindergarten only takes an hour. Reality is, with Gymnast it doesn't even last that long. It's ridiculous. She doesn't sit long enough to write anything, and when she does, she's tired after a line of letters - of about 4-5 letters :glare: . I do get her sitting long enough to practice reading (10-15 minutes). She likes numbers, so there's that. I wonder how much busywork I'm doing with her on that though. (#threadreference) We get science experiments in when we can, or I don't forget. I still haven't planned her space study. I seem to do better planning other kids' studies. :(

• Like 5

Hi.

I'm on track to have 20 hrs OT or more this week. iTired

(((Jean and family)))

(((Jean)))

(((Steph)))

(((Lynn)))

Yay for clean water and new floors and making schedules work.

Ennui. Had to look that up. Again. Anwee? Really? Never heard that IRL, or if I did I didn't know what it was so it didn't register. Must remember this one. I shall use it daily until solidified.

I think I may cancel school again tonight and work some more; there's so much more to do. And mama wants an expensive dishwasher. :D

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 6

I found my first snake in the chicken house for the year. A youngish, smallish rat snake was attempting an egg three times the size of his head. I reprimanded him and he left in a hurry. So I collected an egg with some snake slobber on it. :ack2:

I actually like snakes in the chicken house because they eat more mice than eggs. But still. The potential for walking in and having a four to five foot snake dropping over your shoulders is real, and I'm not entirely sure I could be poised and prim removing a snake from around my neck.

• Like 3