Menu

Ignore this thread!

And...

At least one more day of not having safe water.   :mad:

Also, we were told that it was safe to use the water to wash dishes.  As I was reading this morning, I realized that washing dishes was not enough.  The dishes would also need to be rinsed with bleach water.  We were not told this, so we were eating off of contaminated dishes for two days after being told that the water was not suitable for drinking/cooking.  The ineptness through this entire process has been maddening.

I think it was Susan.

Was it me? I got a new dishwasher for Christmas. But I think someone else also got one a while back....

I got a new dishwasher last summer. I still smile at it every day. It's a Bosch, and has the high 3rd rack for silverware and flat things. It is the first non-human dishwasher I've ever had that actually gets dishes clean. 😊

• Like 7

(((Rocky and Jean and Family)))

(((Krissi))) hope you can get some rest tonight!

How are you feeling, Junie?

I think everyone needs their own chocolate babka from Green's bakery. They do mail order now.

http://www.greensbabka.com/Products/Chocolate-Babka---24-oz__21.aspx#.WNsweus8KrU

I'm ok.  I'm still getting some headaches, but they are usually tolerable.  I still use the cane some when I go out, but the truth is that I usually forget it.  In fact, just now I realized that I didn't take it to ds16's soccer practice last night.  :)

• Like 6

I woke up and scrubbed some bones. Now I'm going back to bed. I have have about two hours and change to try to sleep.

Me, too.  I think the Tylenol is kicking in for the headache that I woke up with a little while ago.

Time to get some more sleep.

• Like 3

Good morning!

:grouphug: Jean, Rocky and family. I'm so sorry. :grouphug:

:grouphug: ITT :grouphug: for everyone

The coffee wasn't quite done, but I snuck a cup anyway.

Eye appointments today for renewing contact prescriptions and such. We are thinking of replacing the flooring in the kitchen and laundry. So we will be looking today.

Have a fabulous day ITT!

• Like 4

Rocky is anemic almost to the point of needing a transfusion. Probably internal bleeding. Not treatable without a lot of money that we don't have. He may last days. Maybe months. Sent home with pain meds to make him comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so sorry.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 2

And...

At least one more day of not having safe water.   :mad:

Also, we were told that it was safe to use the water to wash dishes.  As I was reading this morning, I realized that washing dishes was not enough.  The dishes would also need to be rinsed with bleach water.  We were not told this, so we were eating off of contaminated dishes for two days after being told that the water was not suitable for drinking/cooking.  The ineptness through this entire process has been maddening.

!@#&&@$#%@^&!!!!

I hope none of you get sick and all goes back to normal and safe quickly.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 2

Good Wednesday morning! I can breathe freely! Oh happy day.

No lessons today, as it's our library/grocery getting day. Tonight I'm planning on taking the big two to Kid's Zone at church. It's gonna be fun!

One of the perks of having to drive allover God's country to get anywhere is audiobook time.

Yesterday, my oldest niece, her boyfriend, and their toddler came to visit...from 800 miles away! Spur of the moment road trip, she said. I haven't seen her since my oldest was 2 months old, so it was so good to see her and meet her family.

And, because there just can't be good without bad, too, my mom is in hospice. We knew it was coming (leukemia, second go-round, and she refused chemo this time), but still...sucky sucky sucky. I'm a late in life baby for my folks, so she's 72 and getting tired. I was able to see her a few weeks back (she lives out of state), and she was able to meet my baby and see all the kids and DH. This isn't exactly new news (she received hospice services last week), but it's hitting me hard this morning.

And, on that cheerful note, I'll catch you lovelies later.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:   I'm happy about the visit and other good stuff.  So sorry about your mother's condition.  It's never easy having a parent in hospice and being so far away.  We got up to see my own Mom before she died -- she got to see her first grandchild (14 months old at the time).

• Like 2

I'm ok.  I'm still getting some headaches, but they are usually tolerable.  I still use the cane some when I go out, but the truth is that I usually forget it.  In fact, just now I realized that I didn't take it to ds16's soccer practice last night.   :)

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Pesky headaches!  I'm glad your mobility and steadiness is improving.

It's a love-on-everyone-ITT Booya(h) because we all deserve it.    :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :001_wub:  :001_wub:

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 6

I woke up and scrubbed some bones. Now I'm going back to bed. I have have about two hours and change to try to sleep.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I hope you get more restful sleep.

• Like 1

Good Wednesday Morning!

(((Steph)))  I'm sorry.  

(((Jean and family and Rocky)))  

Junie, how frustrating!  It's ridiculous they haven't communicated better!!!

Renai and Junie - hope you got back to sleep.

We actually don't have to go anywhere today - amazing!

So glad you can have a home day!   :hurray:  :hurray:

• Like 3

My knee feels about back to normal this morning.  It was feeling nearly normal yesterday evening, and DH said now is the most dangerous time, since people at this stage are likely to do too much and re-injure.  Last night I still called for a Sherpa to carry my stuff up the stairs for me.  Today I carried my stuff down myself, though I did little triple steps on each step (went slow and easy, ready to drop stuff if needed).

We are due some potentially wild weather today, and my ILs are on the slate to drive us to and from art class.  I drove around some yesterday and did okay (knees were tired by the time we got home, but part of the run was to pick up glucosamine & condroitin, which I promptly took with lunch after getting home).  I think I'll call my ILs here in a little bit and give them the chance to opt out of driving us today -- I think I should be able to manage it just fine.  It might be good if they can stay home with their horses if the wild weather hits.

All this planning, of course, is provided art class doesn't get cancelled today because of the weather.

• Like 5

The girls have not been hanging the hand towel back up in the half bath after washing their hands -- they have just been leaving it in a wad on the counter.  This morning DH tied the actual towel in a granny knot on the towel ring.  The message has been noticed by all, much to the girls' amusement.  Don't know if it will be effective, though.

My solution:  I ordered in a pair of these:  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JXEUBDE/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They should be here soon.

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 5

The girls have not been hanging the hand towel back up in the half bath after washing their hands -- they have just been leaving it in a wad on the counter. This morning DH tied the actual towel in a granny knot on the towel ring. The message has been noticed by all, much to the girls' amusement. Don't know if it will be effective, though.

My solution: I ordered in a pair of these: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JXEUBDE/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They should be here soon.

Love them!

I clip my kitchen towels to their bars to keep them in place. Our bathroom hand towels definitely need some attention though!

• Like 2

Love them!

I clip my kitchen towels to their bars to keep them in place. Our bathroom hand towels definitely need some attention though!

MIL has been trying to piece some quilting items lately, mostly for making pillow cases or table runners.  After the hanging towels I ordered come in I'll take one to show her -- she might decide that that is a good and manageable sewing idea for some of her fabric scraps.  She can get terry towels for cheap at AFSA or COSCO, so I'm sure she can match colors.

I'm rather pleased with a potholder I just crocheted.  Instead of doing two squares and then "sewing" them together at the edges with single crochet I did one long rectangle, folded it over, and single crocheted around, including at the fold.  I then added a loop and another round of single crochet around all sides to help the loop fasten to the potholder and blend in.  It actually looks quite nice in the multi-colored yarn I chose.  

My mind started cranking as I finished the potholder last night before bed.  A back part of my brain is now trying to figure out how to crochet 2 or 3 layers thick at the same time so that they layers interlink.  I have a partial idea, but I need to try it to see if/how it will actually work.

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Back hurts! I slept in this morning. Can't take a shower till tomorrow. 😩

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Could your DH help you take a shallow/sponge bath and avoid getting the wound wet?  Hair salon for a hair washing?  (I was almost to the point of doing that while my knee hurt because washing hair in our shower while standing on a gimpy knee was challenging.)

• Like 1

Rocky is anemic almost to the point of needing a transfusion. Probably internal bleeding. Not treatable without a lot of money that we don't have. He may last days. Maybe months. Sent home with pain meds to make him comfortable.

I'm so sorry, Jean. :grouphug:

• Like 1

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

• Like 2

No lessons today, as it's our library/grocery getting day. Tonight I'm planning on taking the big two to Kid's Zone at church. It's gonna be fun!

One of the perks of having to drive allover God's country to get anywhere is audiobook time.

Yesterday, my oldest niece, her boyfriend, and their toddler came to visit...from 800 miles away! Spur of the moment road trip, she said. I haven't seen her since my oldest was 2 months old, so it was so good to see her and meet her family.

And, because there just can't be good without bad, too, my mom is in hospice. We knew it was coming (leukemia, second go-round, and she refused chemo this time), but still...sucky sucky sucky. I'm a late in life baby for my folks, so she's 72 and getting tired. I was able to see her a few weeks back (she lives out of state), and she was able to meet my baby and see all the kids and DH. This isn't exactly new news (she received hospice services last week), but it's hitting me hard this morning.

I'm sorry.  It doesn't really matter if you know it's coming; it still seems to hit like a ton of bricks. :grouphug:

• Like 1

(((Stephanina)))

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

(((Jean, Rocky, & Family)))

• Like 1

I need a word to describe this.  Not sure what it is.  It's not really burn out.  It's not really a February thing.  It's when there have been enough disruptions to the regular routine that you can no longer count on the routine to carry you through the natural resistance to progress.  On top of that, motivation to be productive is somewhat reduced.  And because you see more disruptions looming, you sort of feel like you're in waiting mode.  All of this together is contributing to a big "don't wanna."  (Coupled with that is the occasional impulse to eat something to see if it will kick start my energy.  Not good.  Not good at all.)  Does this have a name?

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 6

I need a word to describe this.  Not sure what it is.  It's not really burn out.  It's not really a February thing.  It's when there have been enough disruptions to the regular routine that you can no longer count on the routine to carry you through the natural resistance to progress.  On top of that, motivation to be productive is somewhat reduced.  And because you see more disruptions looming, you sort of feel like you're in waiting mode.  All of this together is contributing to a big "don't wanna."  (Coupled with that is the occasional impulse to eat something to see if it will kick start my energy.  Not good.  Not good at all.)  Does this have a name?

Motherhood?

• Like 7

It's raining. I want to cancel all of our appointments today and just stay home. I probably won't, but I want to.

There have been deliberations over today's art classes, whether to call off one or have both as usual.  The plan is still to have both, though if anyone feels like the weather is taking a dangerous turn we will work out make-ups later.

I told my ILs I think my knee can easily handle today's driving.  They are happy enough to stay home today, though they did say they will come instantly if I call and need a rescue.

The severe weather has yet to hit us.  The sky keeps threatening right now, but no follow-through yet.  It's because the morning weather reports predicted times when the storm cells would hit various areas -- must prove the meteorologists wrong!

• Like 3

Malais.

Doldrums.

Limbo.

Off track and careening across country.

Dark night up a creek with no paddle or light.

Really, we are there with you.  You have described our past some months rather well -- it seems to be the overriding challenge of this school year.

• Like 3

I slept on my bad shoulder during the night. It hurts so badly I can barely talk. I think that it pulled some ribs out of place. It's happened before. I know from experience that I have to get the pain and inflammation to go down some before a doctor can help. Or before I might be able to pop them back into place. (I have way too much experience with this sort of thing. )

The website says this is a go-with for your morning coffee.

Yeah, bay-bee. :thumbup1:

Ah, yes!  I agree -- this would be preferable.  But I have none in the house right now, so smoothie it was!

I slept on my bad shoulder during the night. It hurts so badly I can barely talk. I think that it pulled some ribs out of place. It's happened before. I know from experience that I have to get the pain and inflammation to go down some before a doctor can help. Or before I might be able to pop them back into place. (I have way too much experience with this sort of thing. )

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

((MamaSteph)) I have no words! Just hugs and sympathy!!