Menu

Ignore this thread!

Okay. Went to YouTube to find a good version of "Font/Fount of Every Blessing" (either/both is/are correct.)

Found this while there. :001_wub: When I'm in the shower, I sound just like Allison Krauss. For reals. (rofl.gif)

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub56L5AYyEM

Oh wow! Chills and goosebumps! My favorite hymn and I love Alison Krauss. And there's a verse in there I hadn't heard before!
  • Like 1

Echocardiogram was normal. We are scheduling a stress test for another day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, so far, so good.  How long until the echo?  Do you stand a chance of some normal-schedule days before then?

I am done revising for a little while. I think I knocked this scene out of the park, but I need to run it through my check list before I let it rest. Time to make pancakes and so forth for dinner.

There are tricks. And while it is a pain, you can't beat a cast iron for putting a good sear on a steak. Well, you could buy All-Clad, but I ain't got that kind of kitchen budget!

You can also use one cast iron skillet inside another (both preheated) as a panini press.

You can use a cast iron griddle in the bottom of an oven as more thermal mass to help the oven stabilize the temp.

You can clock a burglar out quite efficiently.  Lightweight pans just tick the burglar off.

You can use them on pretty much any type of burner, including induction.

They make really crispy cornbread (for those who can still eat cornbread).

They make good hand weight substitutes when you first start out lifting weights.

They are also good object lessons in how to move one's feet quickly when you drop the pan.

• Like 2

I will always remember you for your lame jokes. :D

I was trying to come up with the next line for I shot the serif, but couldn't think of a word to replace deputy.  I looked online and found this:  http://www.rhymezone.com/r/rhyme.cgi?Word=deputy&org1=let&org2=l&org3=y&typeofrhyme=nry

It gets really interesting when you scroll down to the longer words.

I still don't have line two.

• Like 2

Pancake dinner was good. I explained to the boys that the next one is one them, because there is an art to getting sausage, bacon, eggs, bacon, and fresh fruit all on the plate at the same time, warm and perfect for eating. I'd like to have them both cooking a meal once a week (jointly to start with, then each one take a day) by next year.

• Like 3

Echocardiogram was normal. We are scheduling a stress test for another day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:

Great minds think alike again!

• Like 2

Dd is making my birthday cake. It's "Janet's Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Filling". The recipe is in the back of our devotional book. I'll let y'all know if it's worthy of the ITT cookbook.

It's been your birthday all day and you're just now telling us.   :toetap05:

• Like 5

It's been your birthday all day and you're just now telling us. :toetap05:

No, it's tomorrow. But tomorrow is a very busy day, so they're making the cake today. It's hilarious. She comes over with the box of baking soda and a cup measurement. "No, honey. It's 1 1/2 tsp, not 1 1/2 cups of baking soda!"
  • Like 9

Dd is making my birthday cake. It's "Janet's Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Filling". The recipe is in the back of our devotional book. I'll let y'all know if it's worthy of the ITT cookbook.

Happy Soon-To-Be Aging Party Day!! :party:

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 2

Echo was today.  Do you mean the stress test?  That is in two and a half weeks.  And yes, we will hope to have normal schedule days until then. 

Yes, sorry, that was what I meant.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:   Praying for normal days.

• Like 1

Happy birthday!!!!   :party:  :party:  :party:

No, it's tomorrow. But tomorrow is a very busy day, so they're making the cake today. It's hilarious. She comes over with the box of baking soda and a cup measurement. "No, honey. It's 1 1/2 tsp, not 1 1/2 cups of baking soda!"

She just wanted to make sure it was light and fluffy!

Well, come on over! I think it's going to be yummy! It has sour cream in it! And peanut butter filling.

:drool5: I like peanut butter!

Me, too!  AND sour cream!  They both have protein, so this cake is healthy!

• Like 1

We gave the cars a quick wash this evening in the dying light as the little hams smoked on the grill.  There was that much dust blown in on yesterday's winds, coating everything still damp from the rains.

We watched the David Suchet Poirot rendition of Murder On the Orient Express.  There are only 6 more episodes left in the David Suchet Poirot shows, and the last one is Poirot's final case.  Part of me wants to binge watch them, and part of me doesn't want Poirot to be over.  It's a good thing we are schooling so I can't spare the time before evening, when there is only time for one episode per night.

• Like 1

We gave the cars a quick wash this evening in the dying light as the little hams smoked on the grill.  There was that much dust blown in on yesterday's winds, coating everything still damp from the rains.

We watched the David Suchet Poirot rendition of Murder On the Orient Express.  There are only 6 more episodes left in the David Suchet Poirot shows, and the last one is Poirot's final case.  Part of me wants to binge watch them, and part of me doesn't want Poirot to be over.  It's a good thing we are schooling so I can't spare the time before evening, when there is only time for one episode per night.

I :001_wub: David Suchet as Poirot!  And Joan Hixson as Miss Marple. :001_wub:

:001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub:

• Like 1

OK.  We celebrate tomorrow.  Tomorrow begins in about 2 hours!

• Like 2

I am avoiding work.

And I am feeling the utter drain of being an introvert who took too many extended rabbit trails at school today, which, while wonderfully enriching, required me to give my full attention to five adorable but life-draining perpetually-talking parasites for 16 hours straight.  Anyone else know that feeling?

It might be one of those "half-caf at 10pm in hopes of getting me to 1am" kind of nights.  

Plus, I am 150 pages into Metaxas' Bonhoeffer bio and I really really really just want to read that instead of prepping for tomorrow's CC.  

Please tell me do my CC prep.*

*What I mean by this is, tell me I must do coffee date with Bonhoeffer, no matter how much I insist that I must do my CC prep.  

• Like 3

But lanalou, I MUST do CC prep!   :svengo:

(This is where you insist that I am wrong and I give in because of course you are right and then I have decaf and Bonhoeffer and maybe chocolate too.)

ETA:  All with a clear conscience, because lanalou said I should.

Edited by Lotsoflittleducklings
  • Like 3

:huh:

:huh:

Somehow that just isn't as much fun.  

But you will thank me tomorrow when your CC whatchamacallit is finished and you will have read some more of your book.

Plus, if you finish the book tonight you will have nothing to read tomorrow.

• Like 2